Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Goonsquad Officer
I want to say that these days the only things that are weekly reset are...

Challenge Log (this is key if you plan to do eureka at level 70. challenge log makes it much easier)
wonderous tails (level 60 to get? i think?)
Jumbo cactpot
Elite marks (hunt trains)
Fashion report (saucer points)
level 80 raids
level 80 alliance raids
custom deliveries
Tomestones of revelation (top tier 80 tomestones).

so as a 50, nothing should really bother you aside from jumbo cactpot, fashion report

the advice everyone ever will give..."do the main story quest. work on blue quests if you get bored with MSQ"

Last edited:

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Every single tweet I see of people bashing him and saying shit like "Everyone that griefed Asmongold on stream today are literal heroes. Keep this toxic piece of shit away. Bigots are not welcome" is some new age genderqueer furry fuck with 7 pronouns you've never heard of in their profile and a tip jar to support them. And all they ever talk about is how nothing is queer enough and how many different minorities they are, and how all media falls short in praising their heroic journey and portraying how hard their struggle is as 16 different minorities and 9 different disabilities, and how everyone needs to do better to make them feel like they aren't a worthless piece of trash. I hate these people more than all of you combined because of the damage they've done. I hate them so much. Literal worthless trash that will never do anything with their life, so they go "cancel" people on twitter to feel powerful, because they'll never amount to anything.
The last few years have convinced me that people like that just need a religion of some sort. I wish they'd just go into a church and join one of the older ones instead of this retarded woke nonsense.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The last few years have convinced me that people like that just need a religion of some sort. I wish they'd just go into a church and join one of the older ones instead of this retarded woke nonsense.
You might be right. I don't know what the solution is at this point, because they've been fed for years now. There's a lot of pushback against them lately from big, popular leftists, so hopefully they are universally shamed within a year or so and we all look back on this era and cringe.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Dumb question..I'm 40. I do the Duty Roulette for leveling and I get Ifrit every time. I've unlocked all dungeons to 38, including those not on the MSQ...is this just fucky luck?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Dumb question..I'm 40. I do the Duty Roulette for leveling and I get Ifrit every time. I've unlocked all dungeons to 38, including those not on the MSQ...is this just fucky luck?
You probably have trials selected. You can only select one type of roulette (e.g. dungeon, campaign, trial). At lower levels and early in the msq, there's barely anything available, so you'll get the same thing over and over.

Caeden

You probably have trials selected. You can only select one type of roulette (e.g. dungeon, campaign, trial). At lower levels and early in the msq, there's barely anything available, so you'll get the same thing over and over.
I'm not even sure where i'd hit that? it says dungeon or trial though....Really it looks like there's just not many groups?

1625452344756.png

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Could just be a lot of sprouts doing MSQ and the lower level stuff is the stuff most in demand

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ifrit is super common until after you get to 50/HW content when you choose the leveling roulette. It's one of my favorite ones, because it's so fast and it's harder for people to F the mechanics up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm not even sure where i'd hit that? it says dungeon or trial though....Really it looks like there's just not many groups?

You will unlock lots more once you hit High-40/50's about the time you start working thru the end of ARR TONS of stuff opens up, not just trials either, MSQ/Leveling/Dungeons(Even though Leveling and Dungeons at the start it's usually either Tam-Tara/Copperbell/Satasha it just takes awhile too start opening stuff up), those numbers for groups are only for you're world server it doesn't include complete Data-Center #s(Which Duty Finder uses)

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting seeing a bunch of furrys sperg out over Asmon demanding SE ban him for saying retarded things like the word "retard". Meanwhile SE are busy counting their Benjamins from all the new subs he's pulling in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Interesting seeing a bunch of furrys sperg out over Asmon demanding SE ban him for saying retarded things like the word "retard". Meanwhile SE are busy counting their Benjamins from all the new subs he's pulling in.
Edit: I hate them.

Anyways, enough of that. I'm finally getting close to Stormblood and I'm excited. I'm not too sure what I think about Heavensward. Certainly way, way better than ARR. I'm mostly playing the game because I enjoy how it plays overall, and I want to see every dungeon and I want to try some top raids, and I enjoy all the different classes.

Last edited:

Malkav

French Madman
Can we not infest the FFXIV thread with talk about these retards and move the discussion over to the gamergate/internet garbage thread?

We already have enough threads in TV/Movies subforums being derailed with that shit, let's avoid that here.

• 3Like
  • 1Brony
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Can we not infest the FFXIV thread with talk about these retards and move the discussion over to the gamergate/internet garbage thread?

We already have enough threads in TV/Movies subforums being derailed with that shit, let's avoid that here.
To make up for my seething hatred and lapse of judgment I shall post some of the screenshots I've taken of moments I've particularly enjoyd.

Attachments

• ffxiv_29062021_155052_906.jpg
    ffxiv_29062021_155052_906.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 28
  • ffxiv_01072021_141710_768.jpg
    ffxiv_01072021_141710_768.jpg
    709.5 KB · Views: 29
  • ffxiv_01072021_142204_265.jpg
    ffxiv_01072021_142204_265.jpg
    911.4 KB · Views: 31
  • ffxiv_18062021_211216_072.jpg
    ffxiv_18062021_211216_072.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 33
  • ffxiv_19062021_035838_168.jpg
    ffxiv_19062021_035838_168.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 34
  • ffxiv_22062021_211219_917.jpg
    ffxiv_22062021_211219_917.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 33
  • ravana.jpg
    ravana.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

I want to salt and agree with this.

well, I’ll be in the late 40’s today I think. Overall, I feel it plays as smooth as WoW, but I am not a fan of the gcd. Reserving judgement for the end. It might be that I’m not a fan of combo gameplay vs proc gameplay. If so, blame current WoW on assholes like me.

Story to 40 was up and down. Highlights were the jealous ghost lady that cut a bitch and the house drama with the inquisitor which I’m still amidst so no spoilers. Game is gorgeous though. I wish zones were seamless a la WoW or GW2 but I imagine there’s a price in graphical fidelity for that.

It’s weird but this so far feels like SWTOR in terms of overall design toward casual play but with way better engine behind the gameplay. I’d even say that story-wise it’s far worse than vanilla SWTOR, yet FF14 is clearly a better game. Makes me wonder if BioWare had built a good engine instead of using the shit Hero Engine and had dumped way more resources into casual systems, if they’d have held out a longer time.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I wish zones were seamless a la WoW or GW2 but I imagine there’s a price in graphical fidelity for that.
No, that's because of PS3 limitations, which had 256 MB RAM and 256 MB VRAM. The zones you see in ARR are all designed around that.