Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Been watching AnnieFuchsia a bit. She's been running Coils of Bahamut on min ilevel. She's doing coil2 stuff now. Jumped right into raiding as soon as possible lol

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
"You may not disrupt or interfere with the game experience of other players in any way" is a hell of a rule to have written down for your MMO.
Actually, that is because Blizzard taught their WoW players wrong. EQ back in the day also had play nice policies, complete with camp sharing or rotations for congested mobs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Infractions on your Square account are forever. 3 strikes, even from forum bullshit, and you're gone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Can you DF the Coils raids well enough or are they just not puggable for some reason? I haven't done or seen any of them yet and want to get it done at some point but just am not sure if there's something about these that make them special and not puggable.

Malkav

French Madman
You never DF hard content on the NA/EU DC. JP does, but that's because they are not complete retards in general.

Any hard content is done via Party Finder. Also, if you want to blast through old hard content, you can use the unsync options, but it's only available for solo or premade parties.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Also, dungeon group are only 4 players, tank/healer/2 DPS. Even more visible when your DPS are mouthbreathing retards.

But yeah, early dungeons are quite simple, and if you get a high level player synced down it's usually pretty faceroll with ignorable mechanics.

At least the game is consistant in its visual language. Which is even more mind boggling when you still see some people at higher level who don't understand stack markers.

Lol yup. Luckily it was the red mage quest where I first saw it. So by the time I saw it in a raid, I was good. Failed that damn red mage quest twice though before I realized wtf was going on. Btw, does anyone know what the source of that video is?

Malakriss

Even when raiding content is brand new people are above the "minimum item level". For example, E1S min ilvl is i440. Well, the basic infinite tomestone set was i440, normal raids and extreme primals gave i450 and the capped higher tomes gave i460. When savage is released so is the crafted i450 set so they're walking in to the content +10 at a minimum.

Synced offers far more leeway when doing starter 80 content meant for i440 but you're maxed i530 now. ARR stuff like Coils was even more of a difference because you're i130 crushing i50 or i70 alliance raids

Araxen

The dude that got banned was on his whale mount which is like a $42 mount. That guy is either on his second offense, or they decided to come down hard on the stalkers. Enjoy your 9 day vacation retard.

Another dig at Blizzard.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This hasn't updated in a while, but as a beginner it has good cliff notes for bosses:

I usually watch a quick video and make notes when I get a new dungeon. I'd like to level a tank up dungeon bashing at some point and not be a complete retard. On old content, that I unlocked a long time ago, I usually just tell the group and it's usually fine.

The only dungeon I had to stop and look up the fight with the rest of the group was Diablos. First healer got buttmad and left, not staying long enough to figure out the gates. Then we finished in the next go round. Making the gate symbols go away after a few seconds is just evil.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
The dude that got banned was on his whale mount which is like a $42 mount. That guy is either on his second offense, or they decided to come down hard on the stalkers. Enjoy your 9 day vacation retard.

Another dig at Blizzard.

This was after he whined and assumed that they were just like Blizzard and not doing anything when he filled out the report form completely wrong with one sentence describing the issue. They gave him a template response just asking for a little more detail and he closed it like they were useless. I'm glad they still got around to checking on it and taking action to show him that they AREN'T blizzard with the copy-paste $12/hr customer service bullshit.

• 1Dislike

Aazrael

Good riddance. Pathetic to follow some around like that for some youtube attention. Maybe Chris Chris Will be banned now also as he was part of the problem taking selfies with Asmongold. :p

The whale guy was ultra annoying though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Good riddance. Pathetic to follow some around like that for some youtube attention. Maybe Chris Chris Will be banned now also as he was part of the problem taking selfies with Asmongold. :p

The whale guy was ultra annoying though.
I don't think someone going to see him for 5 minutes is the issue.

I think it was spam tells, killing enemies before he could kill them, and all the toxic stuff.

I was on a low level job and actually had a quest in Limsa so it's credible I could have been there anyway.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah they're not gonna go and ban everyone, but the most obvious trolls probably got spam reported by other people too, and all it takes is one community manager kind of guy who watched the stream to just issue suspensions. And it's not even surprising either, everyone knows SE is heavy handed with the bans/suspensions, that's why most smart people don't interact in public or keep it clean because it's so easy to get warnings or suspensions, so if you go and do that shit, in front of thousands of people, many of which have FFXIV accounts to report you(cause even if Asmongold is mostly a wow streamer, he had plenty of XIV people watching AND a lot of people just play both games), you should absolutely expect you're gonna get hit right in the dick. You'd have to be a monumental retard to do it on your main account and not a trial account at the very least(and even then you'd still be a monumental retard).

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So I just learned the glamour dresser has a cap? I've been unloading everything into it to collect appearances and to free up inventory space.

How are you supposed to play more than like 3 jobs of big varying levels with no real storage space and a capped dresser? What's the strategy? Because I've been enjoying doing all the different classes and my inventory is rough. And now knowing the dresser has a pretty low cap, I dunno how I can manage it? Just get rid of anything but the best gear or?

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Yeah they're not gonna go and ban everyone, but the most obvious trolls probably got spam reported by other people too, and all it takes is one community manager kind of guy who watched the stream to just issue suspensions. And it's not even surprising either, everyone knows SE is heavy handed with the bans/suspensions, that's why most smart people don't interact in public or keep it clean because it's so easy to get warnings or suspensions, so if you go and do that shit, in front of thousands of people, many of which have FFXIV accounts to report you(cause even if Asmongold is mostly a wow streamer, he had plenty of XIV people watching AND a lot of people just play both games), you should absolutely expect you're gonna get hit right in the dick. You'd have to be a monumental retard to do it on your main account and not a trial account at the very least(and even then you'd still be a monumental retard).

I can see the effect it has already. I joined 2 days ago and am an 11 lancer. Gridania is lively with people emoting and running around, but the actual chat is dead quiet. I cant use the Free Company command yet for some reason.

Makes me miss Barrens chat (yeah it's a lot of dumb stuff, but you have to take the good with the bad).

Araxen

So I just learned the glamour dresser has a cap? I've been unloading everything into it to collect appearances and to free up inventory space.

How are you supposed to play more than like 3 jobs of big varying levels with no real storage space and a capped dresser? What's the strategy? Because I've been enjoying doing all the different classes and my inventory is rough. And now knowing the dresser has a pretty low cap, I dunno how I can manage it? Just get rid of anything but the best gear or?

I guess in the next expansion they are expanding how much you can store. I'm not sure how much more, but it's supposed to be sizeable. I wish they would just copy the WoW system. It's so much better.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

Glam dresser you should consider strictly for saving appearance items. You can store old junk in the armoir too if you REALLY want to hold onto stuff. But it's not hard to re-attain gear at all for leveling new jobs.

Otherwise I honestly just desynth my old crap with crafting (so long as the crafting job is level 30 or higher you can desynth the applicable piece. Armorsmith for plate stuff, leatherworking for leather, etc.) And if I do another job that needs a piece I'll make it again or get it again.

• 1Dislike

Chris

Potato del Grande

Your chocobo has a pretty big bag too.

I think you just need to make sure each class doesn't have a different gear set, so don't just level things randomly.

Like all 4 lv80 tanks will use the same gear, so you have to be strategic in what you level and which gear you keep.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Glam dresser you should consider strictly for saving appearance items. You can store old junk in the armoir too if you REALLY want to hold onto stuff. But it's not hard to re-attain gear at all for leveling new jobs.

Otherwise I honestly just desynth my old crap with crafting (so long as the crafting job is level 30 or higher you can desynth the applicable piece. Armorsmith for plate stuff, leatherworking for leather, etc.) And if I do another job that needs a piece I'll make it again or get it again.
Armoire only seems to accept very specific things. So far I've only been able to store 5 items from pal and 5 from something else. The level 50 quest armor.

I guess I'll desynth stuff and put it on the market? It just sucks cos I was saving pieces for leveling various jobs.

Your chocobo has a pretty big bag too.

I think you just need to make sure each class doesn't have a different gear set, so don't just level things randomly.

Like all 4 lv80 tanks will use the same gear, so you have to be strategic in what you level and which gear you keep.
I know about the chocobo bag, but it's quite small. And I don't want to level 4 tanks >< The whole point is to have fun with diversity, so yeah, they use different armor sets, except for my 2 healers. I hate that Lancer/Dragoon have their own little set.