Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally finished grinding out the 2x18 memory step for my relic (and 5 DR runs). Is grinding Skirmishes/CE's in Zadnor the fastest way to do the 5.55 step? Or spamming all the old raids? Already rank 25 otherwise it would be Zadnor easy.
you should be grinding out your buffs in zadnor anyways. Hug a duel win for the buff and then let the mettle roll in.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
you should be grinding out your buffs in zadnor anyways. Hug a duel win for the buff and then let the mettle roll in.
What buffs? The only ones that seem useful are the ones that only cost a cluster. I'm at max Rank so not sure what need I have for mettle either. Guess i'm just wondering what's the quickest way to complete the step but it's probably Zadnor anyway.

Malakriss

What buffs? The only ones that seem useful are the ones that only cost a cluster. I'm at max Rank so not sure what need I have for mettle either. Guess i'm just wondering what's the quickest way to complete the step but it's probably Zadnor anyway.
after you hit rank 25 and finish the story you can trade in 20 million mettle for 3 proofs and start buying buffs for attack, health, and healing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
after you hit rank 25 and finish the story you can trade in 20 million mettle for 3 proofs and start buying buffs for attack, health, and healing.
Ahh, gotcha. Been holding off on Dalraida until I hit that step for the relic but maybe I should just get it done.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Following this Asmon thing has been hilarious. Some gems from the clinically insane over at resetera:

I am not watching the stream, cus frankly I am in no need to watch another straight white dude playing this game. There are a lot of smaller Queer or POC streamers that I can support on twitch playing this game.

It’s amazing just how quick some users on Era will swoop in to defend the absolute worst kind of people. Fuck Asmongold and his nasty as community. And no, when you continue to cultivate and profit off toxic assholes I don’t think pretending to “change” doesn’t actually amount to munch, regardless if it’s a “persona” you (continue to) put on.

Fuck ‘em

Dude uses SJW unironically and voted for Trump

If that's not enough to convince you then there's nothing to talk about

If you watch him you're part of the problem

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
I psyched myself up for Labyrinth of the Ancients, read every boss, and went in with a pug raid and face rolled it.

Guess I don't need to worry about this kind of stuff until it's later content.

Merrith

I psyched myself up for Labyrinth of the Ancients, read every boss, and went in with a pug raid and face rolled it.

Guess I don't need to worry about this kind of stuff until it's later content.

ARR is a bit different than the rest for some of it's raids b/c there was such a difference in power level from the ilevel 50 people did that stuff originally in versus being in ilevel 130 stuff by the end of ARR (which is what I think it syncs you down to).

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
Is it normal to win this on the first time? Scripted event?

unknown.png

Malakriss

Mini cactpot you'll learn is just straight up "does this board have any good lines?" If it does you can usually identify it or have a 50/50 pick.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I've had a few 10,000 mini cactpots.

I actually thought I won my first jumbo, because of the way 1st place was highlighted. But nope, RIP. I've not gotten a single number yet.

But ya'll made me think there were a ton of cool rewards for MGP when you first mentioned this place. There's next to nothing? Why haven't the added more? Even the gown looks like shit. There's hardly anything to spend mgp on.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
During the Make It Rain event, they usually roll out some event-only items you can buy with MGP.

Araxen

There is like 3 or 4 mounts, some minions, transmog stuff, triad cards, and some other stuff to spend MGP on.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I checked every merchant and looked through the tabs and it seemed a pitiful amount of items, particularly transmog. I was expecting way, way more, as a properly incentivized gilsink.