Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I just learned the glamour dresser has a cap? I've been unloading everything into it to collect appearances and to free up inventory space.

How are you supposed to play more than like 3 jobs of big varying levels with no real storage space and a capped dresser? What's the strategy? Because I've been enjoying doing all the different classes and my inventory is rough. And now knowing the dresser has a pretty low cap, I dunno how I can manage it? Just get rid of anything but the best gear or?
I try to be pretty picky about what I keep for glamour. Anything that's common or just so so gets fed to the GC or desynthed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Your chocobo has a pretty big bag too.

I think you just need to make sure each class doesn't have a different gear set, so don't just level things randomly.

Like all 4 lv80 tanks will use the same gear, so you have to be strategic in what you level and which gear you keep.
I forgot about the chocobo bag until today. Had two fantasia and a bunch of stuff I used to craft and sell on the mb.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I just learned the glamour dresser has a cap? I've been unloading everything into it to collect appearances and to free up inventory space.

How are you supposed to play more than like 3 jobs of big varying levels with no real storage space and a capped dresser? What's the strategy? Because I've been enjoying doing all the different classes and my inventory is rough. And now knowing the dresser has a pretty low cap, I dunno how I can manage it? Just get rid of anything but the best gear or?
I mean 3jobs shouldn't be an issue at all? It's a lot of jobs that become an issue, but you have like 36 slots for every inventory piece or whatever it was, so should be plenty. Can drop excess stuff into glamour dresser(which is capped at like 400 or 450items, so it's not particularly small either). And then you have your retainers, 2 of them is like 250slots iirc. And chocobo saddlebag, that's another 40slots or whatever. You will definitely run out of room especially if you get into crafting, but there's plenty of inventory space until then imo.

You will have to make choices for appearances though, can't do it wow style. That said a lot of the stuff looks like shit, or is easy enough to recollect or has alternate availability(crafting mostly, so it's very easy to get again).

Goonsquad Officer
yep the dresser is basically just for appearance items. it's maddening to the players that its not infinite but they are operating with a strange, ancient database so i don't get too annoyed. (at a recent state of the game , they said that they were going to 'scale down' numbers because multiplicitive effects would break the DB otherwise).

the armoir was for 'key items' at launch, but they never really updated it. it basically holds holiday items, and the origional job class outfits. and not a lot else. it's kind of dumb.

retainers is how you store more, and the devs let you do it because buying more costs real dollars! so that lays out their cash cow system. well that and the glam market...and the whale whales.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I mean 3jobs shouldn't be an issue at all? It's a lot of jobs that become an issue, but you have like 36 slots for every inventory piece or whatever it was, so should be plenty. Can drop excess stuff into glamour dresser(which is capped at like 400 or 450items, so it's not particularly small either). And then you have your retainers, 2 of them is like 250slots iirc. And chocobo saddlebag, that's another 40slots or whatever. You will definitely run out of room especially if you get into crafting, but there's plenty of inventory space until then imo.

You will have to make choices for appearances though, can't do it wow style. That said a lot of the stuff looks like shit, or is easy enough to recollect or has alternate availability(crafting mostly, so it's very easy to get again).
You have to remember, they aren't all the same level. And earlier levels come fast. So I might have a set of level 20 Lancer Gear and a set of level 40 Lancer/Dragoon gear. It adds up really quickly. I've been playing primarily 3 classes, but also been exploring another 3 or so and saving gear for them along the way. I guess my only choice is to be more choosey.

Goonsquad Officer
You have to remember, they aren't all the same level. And earlier levels come fast. So I might have a set of level 20 Lancer Gear and a set of level 40 Lancer/Dragoon gear. It adds up really quickly. I've been playing primarily 3 classes, but also been exploring another 3 or so and saving gear for them along the way. I guess my only choice is to be more choosey.
yea i have just that problem too. i saved a lot of things, intending to use them for leveling, but i don't play alts often, so i end up with heaps of junk

end the end i ended up sort of buying the 'expansion cap' basic poetic tome gear set for things i'm likely to play. and have those in my arming chest. then when i actually start the 1-50 on them i just buy some bare gear to slide by and then dumpster it when i hit milestone.

i actually did focus on leveling my 'lowest level' crafters and gatherers though. leveling almsot entirely off of the grand company turn ins. it was very rewarding to dumpster my low level gatherer gear when i got to the 50's heh.

sukik

yep the dresser is basically just for appearance items. it's maddening to the players that its not infinite but they are operating with a strange, ancient database so i don't get too annoyed. (at a recent state of the game , they said that they were going to 'scale down' numbers because multiplicitive effects would break the DB otherwise).

the armoir was for 'key items' at launch, but they never really updated it. it basically holds holiday items, and the origional job class outfits. and not a lot else. it's kind of dumb.

retainers is how you store more, and the devs let you do it because buying more costs real dollars! so that lays out their cash cow system. well that and the glam market...and the whale whales.
I've payed 2 extra retainers since I started with crafting when I first played. The 4/mo was worth less inventory hassle. Plus I liked having a botanist, miner, fisher and combat retainer.

Goonsquad Officer
I've payed 2 extra retainers since I started with crafting when I first played. The 4/mo was worth less inventory hassle. Plus I liked having a botanist, miner, fisher and combat retainer.
absolutely. plus you can sell on all your retainers at once (and refresh them on the app when you're on the toilet) so it's not a bad way to get money. you can attempt to sell literally everything you don't want at once.

sukik

absolutely. plus you can sell on all your retainers at once (and refresh them on the app when you're on the toilet) so it's not a bad way to get money. you can attempt to sell literally everything you don't want at once.
I tried the app once, but it looked like a RL money trap to buy/sell so I dropped it.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
1. Is there any easy way to craft the orchestra items or do I need some high level crafter to complete those?

2. is it worth doing any side quests in heaven-s or should I just focus on the main quest line. I don’t want to over level the areas but have already done so doing roulettes and catching up on all the shit I missed from 2014

Goonsquad Officer
1. Is there any easy way to craft the orchestra items or do I need some high level crafter to complete those?

2. is it worth doing any side quests in heaven-s or should I just focus on the main quest line. I don’t want to over level the areas but have already done so doing roulettes and catching up on all the shit I missed from 2014
unlock the alliance raid set (void ark, and the other two). and beyond that just class quests and unlocks you get a wild hair for (blue quests). don't worry about much else.

the void ark is 'needed' for the top tier relic weapons right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Just got to the anima growth portion of my HW relic. Most of the guides I can find are from back in the day, but is there a best/easiest way do turn ins for the sand? And it doesn't really matter, but is there a guide out there for best stats to put into it per job?

Goonsquad Officer
I tried the app once, but it looked like a RL money trap to buy/sell so I dropped it.
yea it's got goofy 'daily usages' that you can accumulate and/or buy more 'daily usage'. and that's pretty gay. but you CAN use it to simply view your sales lists for your retainers. and in doing so it refreshes their status so that they sell some days longer. it's weirdly sort of faster than doing it in game in a way because in game you have those heaps of menus to click through. and you can collect gil from them. you can organize your inventory too if you're a sperg.

beyond that you basically can just do the few 'put an item for sale' till you run out of tokens.

I'm not advocating it heavily, But you can use it to keep your sellers selling when you don't log in for a week or two.

Goonsquad Officer
Just got to the anima growth portion of my HW relic. Most of the guides I can find are from back in the day, but is there a best/easiest way do turn ins for the sand? And it doesn't really matter, but is there a guide out there for best stats to put into it per job?
i didn't do HW relic, but they have a habit of putting old quest mguffins up for sale in mor donna for new tokens. so it's possible that the sands are 'for sale' there for like poetic tomes or something. you can prolly look the specific item up on the wiki and it will show that now.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
The odds of you using the relic for anything serious are low- but with very few exceptions most classes are crit > dhit > x.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

The music players or the music sheets/orchestron rolls?

The music players are made by jewelcrafters, the rolls are made by alchemists. The music players themselves are pretty easy to make for a leveled crafter - they just use materials that take a bit of time to gather (timed nodes) from Heavensward. The rolls are all over the place based on what xpac the music comes from.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
The music players or the music sheets/orchestron rolls?

The music players are made by jewelcrafters, the rolls are made by alchemists. The music players themselves are pretty easy to make for a leveled crafter - they just use materials that take a bit of time to gather (timed nodes) from Heavensward. The rolls are all over the place based on what xpac the music comes from.
Can I just buy them in the AH? Wasn't sure if I can only play them at the INN.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished grinding out the 2x18 memory step for my relic (and 5 DR runs). Is grinding Skirmishes/CE's in Zadnor the fastest way to do the 5.55 step? Or spamming all the old raids? Already rank 25 otherwise it would be Zadnor easy.