Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been leveling a Tank lately and wow, any idea that they get shorter cues is misleading. I might as well be playing a dps.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Been leveling a Tank lately and wow, any idea that they get shorter cues is misleading. I might as well be playing a dps.
Lol dude it's way shorter. It's just not as short as healers. And I think at 80 it becomes lower for tank?

I'm leveling them all and I'd say healing is almost always instant, tank is 5 minutes, and dps is 10-20. Even when it says "dps needed" it still takes 10minutes.

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, probably a lot of new players thinking "I'll play tank to have an easier time with the queue", but nobody wants to play healer.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
but nobody wants to play healer.
Can confirm, have been leveling a healer.

As a healer you are basically the first line of defense for fuckups, especially from the large influx of WoW sprouts.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Can confirm, have been leveling a healer.

As a healer you are basically the first line of defense for fuckups, especially from the large influx of WoW sprouts.

Yeah. I stopped leveling WHM for now while the rush of new sprouts in leveling roulette dies down. You're pretty much guaranteed low level dungeons with full sprouts group as a heal right now.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When I was leveling my Conj/WHM to level 30, it was actually kind of fun to heal in this game. I'm not sure what it is because it isn't much different from WoW. I always hated healing in WoW when I was dungeon spamming with my Shaman.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tank queues will be amazing come Endwalker with a new dps and a new healing class.

Malkav

French Madman
When I was leveling my Conj/WHM to level 30, it was actually kind of fun to heal in this game. I'm not sure what it is because it isn't much different from WoW. I always hated healing in WoW when I was dungeon spamming with my Shaman.

You don't play healer in this game, you play green DPS. The goal is see how low you can keep your teammates while you DPS like a madman.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah. I stopped leveling WHM for now while the rush of new sprouts in leveling roulette dies down. You're pretty much guaranteed low level dungeons with full sprouts group as a heal right now.

It used to be you could call the shots as a healer. Let folks die and then patiently explain to them that'll continue to happen until they engage their brains.

Now the server is full of colossal buttercups who insta-report you for not facilitating their window-licking playstyle.

Healer is a rough ride right now.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
It used to be you could call the shots as a healer. Let folks die and then patiently explain to them that'll continue to happen until they engage their brains.

Now the server is full of colossal buttercups who insta-report you for not facilitating their window-licking playstyle.

I’ve noticed almost all my roulettes end up having a capable tank (grabbing everything for AoE clearing) and then 2 DPS who stand still in every single AoE and are dying 2-3x per easy dungeon run. My advice to not stand in the shit isn’t always well received.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I’ve noticed almost all my roulettes end up having a capable tank (grabbing everything for AoE clearing)
That is dangerous though, because the sprout tanks have started to copy the behaviour. Of course they don't have a full set of endgame gear sync'ed down. Instead they equip anything that looks cool, even when it's not designated as tank gear.

I start to hate those tanks, because they reduce my DPS time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
demand.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm loving healing, at least on Scholar. Mainly because you also do a lot of damage too (or at least you try to?). I've been doing Astrologist as well, but I hate it. Astrologist is awful, at least in the lower/mid levels. What a shit boring class.

That is dangerous though, because the sprout tanks have started to copy the behaviour. Of course they don't have a full set of endgame gear sync'ed down. Instead they equip anything that looks cool, even when it's not designated as tank gear.

I start to hate those tanks, because they reduce my DPS time.
I'm having the opposite experience whenever I'm in a low dungeon as healer/dps. A tank that is just so mind numbingly slow that I'm pulling packs ahead of us to bring them into the group because I'm just dying of boredom.

You don't play healer in this game, you play green DPS. The goal is see how low you can keep your teammates while you DPS like a madman.
Lol I love it, particularly on Scholar, saving your aether and trying to only use insta heals and do damage the other 95% of the time.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
God damnit I'm suddenly getting 25-30 FPS today. I've restarted, I've closed everything and I'm just fucked. Can't seem to figure out why. I was fine before today. I don't think my drivers updated, because I don't have them set automatically.

Anyone suddenly had the game be very choppy? wtf

Malkav

French Madman
God damnit I'm suddenly getting 25-30 FPS today. I've restarted, I've closed everything and I'm just fucked. Can't seem to figure out why. I was fine before today. I don't think my drivers updated, because I don't have them set automatically.

Anyone suddenly had the game be very choppy? wtf

Try and fuck around with the frame limiter in game, it sometimes do weird shit, like the GPU staying at low clocks.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
There is also some basic math reasons why healers are more in demand:
There are only three of them and 1 shares leveling with a dps. 4 distinct tanks and no overlap. Just naturally going to be less healers roaming around so in higher demand. Like said, should hit some parity with endwalker when it comes to tank queues. Dps are just kinda fucked like normal hah

Healing in FFXIV is much more "fun" than other MMOs imo. Basically a dps with oh shit buttons and shields and stuff. It's a good balance

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I updated my Nvidia drivers and dropped from 30 fps to 15fps. I can't recall a time in the last decade where updating to a new driver ever did my any fucking good. Game is basically unplayable for me right now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
As a White Mage/Gunbreaker, healer queue is always shorter/instant even if it says tank bonus, and healing is more difficult than tanking.

I'm levelling a DPS and the queue is fairly long, nothing like the Tank queue.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I updated my Nvidia drivers and dropped from 30 fps to 15fps. I can't recall a time in the last decade where updating to a new driver ever did my any fucking good. Game is basically unplayable for me right now.

I'm surprised you didn't consider it unplayable at 30 fps...

• 2Worf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Just logged into mogstation to get idea of where my character was (haven’t played since 17)... guess I’ve got ninja 60 and a bunch of others at 50. What are the current most useful dps? Machinist viable?