Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
A second job is just if you want to min max xp gain. 1-50 isn't terrible either way so don't feel like it is obligatory. At 50 you can unlock other jobs that are further along to soak xpac xp. In fact, you'll have the opposite problem of the one you are complaining about when you unlock something like samurai, which starts at 50. You unlock the class and are given 15 skills to slot with stupid nondescriptive names and just have to try and figure it out. That's where potd can be nice, since it progresses through the levels at an accelerated rate.

If you're finding low level a slog I'd say keep doing what you're doing. #1 thing you can do right now is get the ARR MSQ out of the way. Getting an alt job to 20 is pretty quick with hunting log and fates (which are actually good at those levels), but if it makes you spend more time in ARR than you are happy with, it's not worth it. The downside to "all content since release" being available is that you have to go through the time capsule of ARR old school mmo horseshit to get to the modern stuff. Later, you'll appreciate the amount of content. Besides, the only ability you need for MSQ is right click to pick flowers or whatever menial shit they make you do.

Goonsquad Officer
i'd suggest ninja and monk for low level 'more clicks faster'. black mage is 'kind of' less clicks, but you have to cast long spells so you don't knotice it as harshly. if you arn't feeling monk or ninja...i would just push into heavensward, try a heavensward class. they're newer and they deploy at 30, with their job stone. so you can dive right into palace of the dead to get xp on them and watch them grow to level 50 to see if you like.

that being said. at the end of heavensward, or rather hwen your class xp hits 60 (which, if you focus one class will be way before the end of HW) you will unlock redmage and samurai which are great classes that are very dynamic. they open AT60 so you can just start playing them. and at that point. if any of the side classes are enjoyable you can use them to soak the excess xp and you'll be out of the 'few clicky' dead zone of the 1-40 game.

Chris

Potato del Grande
i've bitched for the last 10 pages about not having enough skills to even know if I like this class or know how it plays and how boring it is pressing 1, then 2 over and over again between cut scenes and your solution is start a 2nd class at level 1 and repeat that experience for another 32 (34 now) levels because the msq throws too much experience at you? hehe, you really want me to quit this game don't you?

take a look at my hotbar in that screen shot, like I said i'm 34 now (MSQ 24) and nothings changed it's still identical. And that's being a little generous, the 2nd to the last skill is my interrupt which i've fought all of 2 things ever that I could even use it on (flashy red cast bars, thanks koush) so it doesn't really deserve a spot on my hotbar, but muscle memory maps interrupts to that key in every other game so there it sits.

I probably will end up taking your advice and picking up a second class but if it takes it 30 levels to get more than 2 skills will I even be able to tell if the gameplay is different?
The issue is that your progress through MSQ is slow, not gaining exp and levelling up. The time it took you to get to lv23 MSQ is not the time it will take to get to lv23 on an alt job. Remember that you only do MSQ once to unlock everything.

You can see how many skills unlock as you level, it's usually about 32 skills per class (using 2/3rds of them regularily) as that's what fits on a playstation controller.

All the melee jobs are very similar pre 30 which is why I suggest Thaumaturge(Black Mage) or picking up Red Mage at 50 as they are totally different.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm 31, i have the first 4 newbie dungeons unlocked? I also found that palace of the dead thing someone was talking about in this thread but I didnt go in it.

That was ... ... and I seconded it as a way to see how your job abilities/skills feel at higher levels. It's definitely good for that.

I wouldn't recommend it as a way to level your first job through the game though. In fact, I wouldn't even recommend it for later jobs unless you were doing it as personal solo challenge. It's mind-numbing.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sylas based on the length and frequency of your posts you must have the patience for this - check out klops’s in depth overviews of a4s and a8s (videos over an hour long each) to give you a sense of what gameplay becomes later on

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Chris Chris I really think you have blinders on for this game. Full disclosure, I'm subbed to FFIX and I haven't been subbed to WoW in a year+(?, I don't care enough to check) I bought shadowlands because it looked interesting then checked out when it was just the same as usual.

Time Gates, grinding, pointless itemization, FFIV basically has the trifecta on what most here (including yourself) would call "bad game design".

Being that said, it has one of the best stories available in an MMO.

In everquest, you played a dungeon or raid over and over for things to sell or gear to get for yourself.

in FFXIV, you basically gear yourself out in a run or 2, if you don't then you buy gear with your tokens.

in WoW, it was roughly the same but the dungeons and raids felt more...I dunno "alive"?

---

EVERY FFXIV Dungeon run is basically this.

AE Pull 1, AE pull 2, Boss 1. AE pull 3, AE pull 4, Boss 2. AE pull 5, AE pull 6, Final Boss.

Boss battles are variations of avoid the telegraph or "Figure out the mechanic that will 1 shot you".

There isn't splitting, there isn't CCing, those abilities should, at this point, be removed because no one uses them. If I, as the tank, DON'T do the pull strat I just mentioned, people will literally go off and pull things so that we do that strat.

After you do these dungeons the first time and the mystique is gone, there is nothing but grind.

The same can be said of WoW dungeons to a degree but I dunno...I can't really figure it out myself, it isn't the same feeling. I dunno, it usually felt interesting in WoW to do a dungeon and try a pull a certain way so that you could avoid a pack or pull a pack with a big mob and see if you could survive. Most dungeons wouldn't fall into that sync that I mentioned of "Pull 1, pull 2, boss", but the few that did, you had to WORK for those pulls.

WoW just feels more interesting, sure after the 10th time running a specific dungeon in WoW you start to feel like "this is boring as fuck" but it applies to that dungeon, typically, not ALL dungeons. For me, FFXIV's model of "AE 1, AE2, Boss1" makes it so that the "this is boring as fuck" statement applies to all dungeons, because they ALL follow that rule (Aside from a few at the beginning of the game).

---

Who knows, maybe in WoW the difference is, I ran things the become a better DPS or tank or healer because some things required you to do well.

In FFXIV you don't have to be a good tank or DPS or healer to actually down content, there isn't a need to be better. In fact you can grab an addon that converts most of your rotations into "SPAM PRESS 1 FOR SINGLE TARGET AND 2 FOR AE!" but even if you don't do that, most rotations are simple (some are comically over complex).

For me there is no need to mentally subject myself to gating and grinding for better +1 betterer gear because there isn't a need for it unless I wanna "Do things faster".

in WoW at least there was gear that was beneficial that also made you wonder what the fuck it did, trinkets or random items, things that were just interesting. Sure you could go grab a spreadsheet and be like "IF I USE THAT ITEM OVER THIS I'LL DO X% LESS DAMAGE" but you can literally do that for any game including FFXIV (though to be honest, why the fuck you would do that in a game that was so clearly defining gear routes is beyond me).

---

My wife still loves playing FFXIV but truth be told I don't know why, all she does is sit in towns and craft 24/7 while listening / watching other people play the game on twitch on her 2nd monitor.

Me, I finished the story, did the raids, did my "Wondorous journal" a few times and then just clocked out mentally. This shit is just grindy as fuck and I don't wanna deal with another RNG fest when it comes to farming shit. I'll continue following the game for the story but you are huffing paint if you can't objectively look at the game and say, "It is this way and I don't mind it's flaws." rather than trying to sell a product to people that doesn't exist.

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The main thing is FF14 doesn't have any 'hard mode' for the dungeons. In WoW, the standard, queueable dungeons are definitely something you just yolo your way through (AE but per pack vs the entire wing). WoW dungeons become more interesting when you get into M+ only because the trash becomes the major pacing obstacle vs just being something in the way of the bosses. FF14 could do with some extremely difficult 'small group content', though really, all their content is 'small group content' since the raid size is 8 people. Frankly, dungeons in FF14 are not meant to be hard, just numerous. You queue duty roulette across all of the dungeons in the game vs just the current xpac ones. FF14 the hardest content is reserved for Savage raiding and outside of that, everything is LFR tier.

Granted, I don't think they are going for FF14 being a 'difficult' game, so 99% of it being tourism mode is intended. You're supposed to finish it and then go do something else until new content comes out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Also HOLY FUCK Warriors get their short tank cooldown at lv56 and it's heals you 100% of the damage you deal gor a few seconds WHAT THE FUCK. Pop that and 100% crit and you are in godmode. I knew Warrior had good healing but this ability is insane and it's a 15 second cooldown too!?

Yeah it's primarily why I switched from DRK to WAR:

1644432928785.png

The healing is insane and the healing you do applies to threat as well. The only time I lose threat is when a person does big dick damage on pack 1 in an AE pull, yes retard thank you for pulling threat.

The main thing is FF14 doesn't have any 'hard mode' for the dungeons. In WoW, the standard, queueable dungeons are definitely something you just yolo your way through (AE but per pack vs the entire wing). WoW dungeons become more interesting when you get into M+ only because the trash becomes the major pacing obstacle vs just being something in the way of the bosses. FF14 could do with some extremely difficult 'small group content', though really, all their content is 'small group content' since the raid size is 8 people. Frankly, dungeons in FF14 are not meant to be hard, just numerous. You queue duty roulette across all of the dungeons in the game vs just the current xpac ones. FF14 the hardest content is reserved for Savage raiding and outside of that, everything is LFR tier.

Granted, I don't think they are going for FF14 being a 'difficult' game, so 99% of it being tourism mode is intended. You're supposed to finish it and then go do something else until new content comes out.

I just don't know what they would DO with making more difficult content. +2 betterer gear? Like the gear in this game is so bland, they should just remove all stats from the game and the gear you get is purely for glam alone.

Like in WoW the idea was to be better or to game the system enough that you could accomplish more through things like bugs or hard playing the META. The overall reason for doing so was to be considered "the best" in addition to getting great gear.

in FFXIV nearly everyone can do "Hard" content because the only thing holding people back from doing hard content in FFXIV is the people themselves in their desire to complete the content. Like honestly this point was driven home to me one day when I watched some grandma do some in era savage on youtube.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Yeah. I was doing savage with a group and I felt one person was not 100% pulling their weight. Talked to someone else in the group and it turns out they are deaf and play on a console. All discord call outs were coming out text to speech on whatever system they had. So they were actually doing pretty well considering.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I just don't know what they would DO with making more difficult content. +2 betterer gear? Like the gear in this game is so bland, they should just remove all stats from the game and the gear you get is purely for glam alone.

Like in WoW the idea was to be better or to game the system enough that you could accomplish more through things like bugs or hard playing the META. The overall reason for doing so was to be considered "the best" in addition to getting great gear.

in FFXIV nearly everyone can do "Hard" content because the only thing holding people back from doing hard content in FFXIV is the people themselves in their desire to complete the content. Like honestly this point was driven home to me one day when I watched some grandma do some in era savage on youtube.

I really liked the early days of Eureka for that reason. The sense of losing xp and delevelling added stakes and tension to the game that I hadn't felt since creeping through Old Seb or Karnors or in FFXI. Likewise, that's why Baldesion Arsenal is probably my favorite raid experience in any MMO; the permadeath added real stakes to every fuckup. I hated that they watered down that feeling for Bozjan/Dalriada.

I think one of my frustrations with FFXIV was how effectively they "silo" that hardcore content and made it feel just as optional and valuable as all the chill and casual activities in the game. That's a winning decision for them in terms of retention, but it undermined the rewards for the best content.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They noted later that Eureka numbers weren’t that great in terms of overall active players doing it. Personally I noped out pretty fast because I had my fill of EQ1/ffxi style grinds - New World has probably been the closest.

They’ll add that content because they know a portion of their population likes it, but it is optional for that very reason: they aren’t going to force the population at large to run content most of them will hate. Kind of like ultimates, it’s bragging rights. You get sick looking gear skins and mounts.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Chris Chris I really think you have blinders on for this game. Full disclosure, I'm subbed to FFIX and I haven't been subbed to WoW in a year+(?, I don't care enough to check) I bought shadowlands because it looked interesting then checked out when it was just the same as usual.

Time Gates, grinding, pointless itemization, FFIV basically has the trifecta on what most here (including yourself) would call "bad game design".

Being that said, it has one of the best stories available in an MMO.

In everquest, you played a dungeon or raid over and over for things to sell or gear to get for yourself.

in FFXIV, you basically gear yourself out in a run or 2, if you don't then you buy gear with your tokens.

in WoW, it was roughly the same but the dungeons and raids felt more...I dunno "alive"?

---

EVERY FFXIV Dungeon run is basically this.

AE Pull 1, AE pull 2, Boss 1. AE pull 3, AE pull 4, Boss 2. AE pull 5, AE pull 6, Final Boss.

Boss battles are variations of avoid the telegraph or "Figure out the mechanic that will 1 shot you".

There isn't splitting, there isn't CCing, those abilities should, at this point, be removed because no one uses them. If I, as the tank, DON'T do the pull strat I just mentioned, people will literally go off and pull things so that we do that strat.

After you do these dungeons the first time and the mystique is gone, there is nothing but grind.

The same can be said of WoW dungeons to a degree but I dunno...I can't really figure it out myself, it isn't the same feeling. I dunno, it usually felt interesting in WoW to do a dungeon and try a pull a certain way so that you could avoid a pack or pull a pack with a big mob and see if you could survive. Most dungeons wouldn't fall into that sync that I mentioned of "Pull 1, pull 2, boss", but the few that did, you had to WORK for those pulls.

WoW just feels more interesting, sure after the 10th time running a specific dungeon in WoW you start to feel like "this is boring as fuck" but it applies to that dungeon, typically, not ALL dungeons. For me, FFXIV's model of "AE 1, AE2, Boss1" makes it so that the "this is boring as fuck" statement applies to all dungeons, because they ALL follow that rule (Aside from a few at the beginning of the game).

---

Who knows, maybe in WoW the difference is, I ran things the become a better DPS or tank or healer because some things required you to do well.

In FFXIV you don't have to be a good tank or DPS or healer to actually down content, there isn't a need to be better. In fact you can grab an addon that converts most of your rotations into "SPAM PRESS 1 FOR SINGLE TARGET AND 2 FOR AE!" but even if you don't do that, most rotations are simple (some are comically over complex).

For me there is no need to mentally subject myself to gating and grinding for better +1 betterer gear because there isn't a need for it unless I wanna "Do things faster".

in WoW at least there was gear that was beneficial that also made you wonder what the fuck it did, trinkets or random items, things that were just interesting. Sure you could go grab a spreadsheet and be like "IF I USE THAT ITEM OVER THIS I'LL DO X% LESS DAMAGE" but you can literally do that for any game including FFXIV (though to be honest, why the fuck you would do that in a game that was so clearly defining gear routes is beyond me).

---

My wife still loves playing FFXIV but truth be told I don't know why, all she does is sit in towns and craft 24/7 while listening / watching other people play the game on twitch on her 2nd monitor.

Me, I finished the story, did the raids, did my "Wondorous journal" a few times and then just clocked out mentally. This shit is just grindy as fuck and I don't wanna deal with another RNG fest when it comes to farming shit. I'll continue following the game for the story but you are huffing paint if you can't objectively look at the game and say, "It is this way and I don't mind it's flaws." rather than trying to sell a product to people that doesn't exist.
Not sure what time gating you are seeing, I'm enjoying playing the game, simple as that.

I'm just interested in discussing why I (and others) are enjoying FF14 and not WoW.

I'm fully aware of the flaws the game has, including the dated and slow start.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
I think one of the biggest flaws that is not apparent to new players is how damn repetitive the raid tiers are -- deltascape to current day and it's the same shit every fight / extremely predictable.

Generally I think people enjoy FFXIV and not WoW because XIV has SOVL - you can go read blogs about how Yoshi used to roleplay a chick on DAoC ([Translation] FFXIV – Yoshida Uncensored 1) or listen to robot Ion talk about how he updates his metrics on happiness and his struggles to become a real human. The games are largely following those moulds - WoW is aimed more at optimizers (except it pisses them off w grinding constantly) and FF14 is for normal people.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think one of the biggest flaws that is not apparent to new players is how damn repetitive the raid tiers are -- deltascape to current day and it's the same shit every fight / extremely predictable.

Generally I think people enjoy FFXIV and not WoW because XIV has SOVL - you can go read blogs about how Yoshi used to roleplay a chick on DAoC ([Translation] FFXIV – Yoshida Uncensored 1) or listen to robot Ion talk about how he updates his metrics on happiness and his struggles to become a real human. The games are largely following those moulds - WoW is aimed more at optimizers (except it pisses them off w grinding constantly) and FF14 is for normal people.
I haven't raided enough to notice that, but people are still playing DotA / League of Legends and that's been the same shit for 20 years.

Sometimes it's just nice to have learned and be good at a game without your class changing every expansion.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You could make arguments both ways, but having a consistent language you teach the players and then as you release new content, teach them new vocabulary is a good thing in my opinion.

WoW it feels like they teach you a language, then randomly change the meanings of words

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure what time gating you are seeing, I'm enjoying playing the game, simple as that.

I'm just interested in discussing why I (and others) are enjoying FF14 and not WoW.

I'm fully aware of the flaws the game has, including the dated and slow start.

Time gating is their patch cycle. The content that is gated isn't in the game to be consumed but is held behind a "gate" of a patch cycle. At this point though their content delivery pipeline is so tight that their patch cycle IS a time-gate. Some might not agree but I'm holding to that mentality.

---

As to the WHY of liking FFXIV, I dunno.

You say the dungeons in FFXIV are amazing, my wife does too but her answer was because she likes the characters and she "Nostalgias" on the event in her mind while playing through the dungeon (I need a new healer apparently...but since I play a warrior...Oh well?). WoW doesn't have any story so you can't play a dungeon and go "wow that was an amazing dungeon and the characters were so good!" because there weren't any characters, aside from the random 4 or 5 dungeons in ALL OF WOW that have a character in them.

It really blows me away why I don't like FFXIV as much as, I feel, I should.

The Dungeons are pretty well made to a certain expansion.

The Story is well above average on a broad scale and when compared to other MMO's, is amazing and incomparable.

The raids are sub-par but not terrible, certainly not a reason to quit over.

The "Other" content is whimsical and there is a TON of it. Hell they have an entire zone that is a "Casino" vibe where you can play mini-games til your eyes explode. They even have "Mario Cart" (Whatever, I'm calling it that).

It all comes back to "Why" should I play and the "Why" did I play WoW. For my part I feel like, my time in WoW actually meant something for many years, there wasn't as much content as in FFXIV but the world felt like I SHOULD explore it rather than the game putting me on a path to explore it through some quest line.

On that point I wanna ask, is there any place in FFXIV that you found that you were suddenly like, "Why is this here?!" never to find out that it's some event or something that you just didn't experience. I'm talking about something nearly completely pointless, out in some random place. Something that makes you wonder, if you explored many other places would you find similar things. Things like:

a NPC randomly walking out to a dock, sighing, saying a few words then returning back to the normal place it usually is.

a random opulent camp site next to the ocean.

a corpse, never decaying, in a very out of the way place.

Truly random things that make you wonder why a designer placed them, with FFXIV everything is so neatly done that there isn't much space for speculation because you know it's on a roadmap and will be explained fully at a later time.

On the other hand, you have WoW...

---

The dated start actually don't bother me, I played the OG game a bit, I played ARR. The dungeons in ARR were likely the "Best" in terms of what I like because a lot of them weren't simply that AE pull formula I mentioned. They required you to do something, to think about something, to read something...and while doing that over and over gets repetitive and obnoxious, the sheer volume of dungeons in the OG content made it so that you didn't replay many dungeons more than a couple times a week if you were just running the gauntlet daily.

The formula shift that happened with, I wanna say 1/2 way thru, Heavensward, really made me start to get bored with FFXIV. I basically play FFXIV the same way I played WoW. I sub for an expansion start, then quit, then re-sub in the middle MAYBE, or at the end before a new expansion.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Breaking this into a double post sorry.

I haven't raided enough to notice that, but people are still playing DotA / League of Legends and that's been the same shit for 20 years.

Sometimes it's just nice to have learned and be good at a game without your class changing every expansion.

All I'm getting from this is that you don't understand game design, it feels like. (no offense meant)

DOTA and LoL being unchanging is conducive to the type of games they are, but it is also not true because both DotA AND LoL have changed quite dramatically, within their scope, to their original release.

Also, the bit about classes not changing isn't true either. Every expansion FFXIV releases something that changes some classes dramatically, while other classes change moderately. Is it akin to WoW "REBALANCING" EVERY GOD DAMN EXPANSIOn? no, that is true, it's not the same as the fuckheads at blizzard fucking changing EVERY GOD DAMN FUCKING CLASS EVERY GOD DAMN EXPANSION.

But again, California, Tech...

I really hope this gives you an understanding about my feeling on Blizzard too, with this reply.

Lots of games get BITS right with each thing they do. There are some amazing things within games where a game, overall, can be horrible.

You want the "Perfect Game" from my desire?

Dungeon / Raid / World Design of WoW, Story Design of FFXIV, Character Progression of EQ1 from Classic to around PoP.

Do I know if this would work? who knows I'm voice typing this while I'm in the bathroom.

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
I did the first i guess you would call real dungeon last night. The 23 dungeon in the msq where you fight the spider to save the flying onion lady?

Queue pops and we are all sprouts. We were all deleveled to 27 since its +4 but clearly all of us were new. I ask if anyone knows where to go and 1 dps claims they think they do. So we follow this guy (we took a wrong turn once but mostly he knew where to go).

Lots of hallways with adds so i try to pull atleast 2packs to aoe but its only me and 1 other melee fighting and he doesn't have any aoe. All along these hallways are things we gotta stop and click to unlock gates so the other dps is clicking those and the healer is just autofollowing? Not dpsing and not healing. I ended up actually using my tank cooldowns and my self heal combo (which is single target rotation ability and slowing down our clear time) cause the healer only casts spells to heal the party after the fights not during.

A full 2/3 of this dungeon hallways have that tar pits shit that slows your movement speed and because ive got no healer we ended up just fighting 1 pack at a time.

On last boss 1 dps dies from standing in the telegraphs and i end the fight at 10% before the healer casts any heals. Im the only one taking damage in the party so i know im holding threat fine. The post boss fight cut scene is super short (story cut scene plays after you leave the dungeon) so i got a chance to look at the commendation menu.

Overall about ragefire chasm complexity and length but made difficult due to effectively 2 manning the dungeon with grandma playing healer and the other dps lagging behind from having to click shit all along the way.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I did the first i guess you would call real dungeon last night. The 23 dungeon in the msq where you fight the spider to save the flying onion lady?

Queue pops and we are all sprouts. We were all deleveled to 27 since its +4 but clearly all of us were new. I ask if anyone knows where to go and 1 dps claims they think they do. So we follow this guy (we took a wrong turn once but mostly he knew where to go).

Lots of hallways with adds so i try to pull atleast 2packs to aoe but its only me and 1 other melee fighting and he doesn't have any aoe. All along these hallways are things we gotta stop and click to unlock gates so the other dps is clicking those and the healer is just autofollowing? Not dpsing and not healing. I ended up actually using my tank cooldowns and my self heal combo (which is single target rotation ability and slowing down our clear time) cause the healer only casts spells to heal the party after the fights not during.

A full 2/3 of this dungeon hallways have that tar pits shit that slows your movement speed and because ive got no healer we ended up just fighting 1 pack at a time.

On last boss 1 dps dies from standing in the telegraphs and i end the fight at 10% before the healer casts any heals. Im the only one taking damage in the party so i know im holding threat fine. The post boss fight cut scene is super short (story cut scene plays after you leave the dungeon) so i got a chance to look at the commendation menu.

Overall about ragefire chasm complexity and length but made difficult due to effectively 2 manning the dungeon with grandma playing healer and the other dps lagging behind from having to click shit all along the way.
It's the same as WoW where the original dungeons are fairly complex then all the expansion dungeons are variations on hallways.

There's a bunch of stuff like that up and including the lv47 dungeon Aurum Vale.

That being said the lv89 dungeon The Dead Ends is my favourite thing in the game right now.

Not sure I'd compare Toto-Rak to Ragefire Chasm though, which is just groups of mobs, I would compare it to the posion Mauradon wing maybe.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
That being said the lv89 dungeon The Dead Ends is my favourite thing in the game right now.

Its a 90 dungeon, cause I get mad when I dont get it on Expert roulette. It pretty easily my favorite dungeon at the moment. I love watching the little scene after boss 2 every time.

Modern dungeon design is much better, I really like trash, trash, boss, repeat 2 more times, cause the fun part is the bosses, not the trash.