Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Another weird gathering/crafting thing I noticed while leveling, is that they straight up mixed up the tier 2/3 BSM/ARM ore and tier 1/2 CRP logs. Both logs are in same zone, but the lower level of the 2 is only found in the 2nd portion of the zone which you can't get to until after the first dungeon. As for the ore, the lower level one isn't available until zone 4, while the higher of the two is in zone 3.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Doesn't it have crit baked into it already? Read the skill when planning my hotbars.

It can be affected by other crit % increasing abilities, but is not affected by Reassemble at all, it's only a 700 potency dmg punch also and drops off really fast for the AE.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It can be affected by other crit % increasing abilities, but is not affected by Reassemble at all, it's only a 700 potency dmg punch also and drops off really fast for the AE.
Yeah that's what they say when it's already a forced crit/dhit, which it says it is too. My MCH is 97 so can't confirm by checking but the tooltip says it already does, which is why it's not affected by reassemble since that'd be a huge waste if you do a mistake.

Aazrael

The 4th dungeon was kinda cool. Also I did not die to every mechanic there.

Need to run it a few times now for the Adidas Gear.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
The 4th dungeon was kinda cool. Also I did not die to every mechanic there.

Need to run it a few times now for the Adidas Gear.
I did a flip, loved the 97 gear and hated the raid gear.

But then I realised that you can't dye all of the 97 colours and the raid gear enables some really slutty glams.

Try and find the vendor in the 5th zone, the regular zone gear has a gimp cowboy aesthetic.

Merrith

Wonder how much just running the raid in ilevel 700 tome gear versus having 710 Ex weapon and accessories affects a parse. Managed to hit a blue parse on Wicked Thunder this week on my BRD

Aazrael

So almost done with the 5th zone. At first I was really interested in what would happen but the story is still just terrible. Worst expansion ever.

The storyline might be fine but the way you go about it is just fucking snooze...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That about sums it up: the concepts and story idea were fine, they just told it in a bad way. Which is a shame because the expansion has some flashes of greatness that never get fully delved into or developed as much as I would have liked

• 1Like

Aazrael

Yea it's like we are here to defeat X. Oh cool lets go to place Y and do sightseeing and talk to a farmer. Also they waste like 70% of the zones and hardly any battles.

Going to try power through the last zone before friday. Thats when I ditch this for PoE for a few weeks.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can’t find it, but there was a hilarious Reddit post where they summarized most of the first half as

Elder: changing lightbulbs is an important thing we do

Wuk: I remember papa looking at a lightbulb once, let’s ask people about light bulbs

*ask 3 people about lightbulbs*

Wuk: Wow I really understand their culture now! I want to change the light bulb so people are happy!

*Wuk barely changes a light bulb. Koana walks up and installs 30,000 hour LEDs so people don’t have to change light bulbs as often. Zoral Ja scares the lightbulb into working again. Bakool Ja Ja breaks his lightbulb and steals a box of them *

Elder: you all did great, here is your infinity stone

Wuk: I’m going to bring peace and happiness to everyone!

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Aazrael

I can’t find it, but there was a hilarious Reddit post where they summarized most of the first half as

Elder: changing lightbulbs is an important thing we do

Wuk: I remember papa looking at a lightbulb once, let’s ask people about light bulbs

*ask 3 people about lightbulbs*

Wuk: Wow I really understand their culture now! I want to change the light bulb so people are happy!

*Wuk barely changes a light bulb. Koana walks up and installs 30,000 hour LEDs so people don’t have to change light bulbs as often. Zoral Ja scares the lightbulb into working again. Bakool Ja Ja breaks his lightbulb and steals a box of them *

Elder: you all did great, here is your infinity stone

Wuk: I’m going to bring peace and happiness to everyone!
Thats hilarious and also spot on !

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
15khb4v5zrbd1.jpeg

Only thing wrong with it is that changing the lightbulb would be done offscreen.

Cope I saw in the thread is that the concepts are from the Shadowbringers/Endwalker writer Ishikawa but she's "supervisor" now so not in charge of implementing and may be on FF17 now.

This is because the Heavensward writer Maehiro had the same career path and wrote FF16. He should be avaliable to come back now, that's the cope.

• 1Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I've spent more time just levelling up my jobs and doing the weekly reset shit. The MSQ is the last thing on my list.

I have two jobs at lvl 99 and I'm only at the 3rd zone.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Wonder how much just running the raid in ilevel 700 tome gear versus having 710 Ex weapon and accessories affects a parse. Managed to hit a blue parse on Wicked Thunder this week on my BRD

I'm just a filthy casual dirty sprout, but what do people use for parses?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've spent more time just levelling up my jobs and doing the weekly reset shit. The MSQ is the last thing on my list.

I have two jobs at lvl 99 and I'm only at the 3rd zone.
You want to level 97-99 at least partially in the 4th dungeon for glams.

Aazrael

So when do they add Mamool Ja as a Race. I always miss my Iksar from EQ.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer
So when do they add Mamool Ja as a Race. I always miss my Iksar from EQ.
man i was just lamenting how pimp the 'world' of ff14 would be as an eq style world. where you start in a city, as a race, and eq/grind level out from there. just thinking of "if you made an elephant dude" or mamool ja or whatever else heh.

maybe in the future some modders will make a private server lik ethat :)

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You need ACT regardless since FF logs uses the logs from ACT, unless you just want to check overall stats. ACT is an EQ2 parser but there's a FFXIV plugin and a bunch of other plugins that works with that, like overlay plugins to display damage meters ingame better than the baseline one and stuff that give you alerts and stuff although mods do the same thing pretty much nowadays.

Also wouldn't put much weight into normal raid parses, there's so many shitters doing them since they're basically casual content that hitting purple is pretty easy. I just checked my char and I managed a purple and I have like 99 AF in most of my slots(I haven't done either of the EX and I didn't even farm the tome set, just a few accs to get the ilvl to do the raid) and far from playing well since I only did the fights twice(been lucky on my rolls). The bar is just that low for normal raids. EX parses at least are a little better but really unless it's savage or harder where people actually put some effort and the content naturally weeds out ppl who can't even press their 123 properly it just doesn't mean that much.

• 1Like