Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I can't tell if you're having severe comprehension issues with what everyone is telling you or you're just being argumentative for your own personal entertainment. Doesn't it ring any alarm bells in your head when you say something like 'everyone else is wrong'?

The only advantage of legacy is it is easier to recover from autoface? That's a weird understatement. In legacy your movement is camera based so it literally doesn't matter which way your character is facing. You don't recover from autoface, autoface just doesn't matter at all (where movement is concerned).

Also, ignoring autoface is one of the main reasons everyone has been telling you for days that legacy is superior, so it sounds like you're finally starting to come around.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ive played around with this enough that I actually would like to use legacy mode now, except it completely sucks/autofaces you any time you are not moving. Standard is jut superior in this regard.
But the direction your character faces is unrelated to movement so why does this matter?

Really glad this is distracting you from the ARR patch quests lol.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I can't tell if you're having severe comprehension issues with what everyone is telling you or you're just being argumentative for your own personal entertainment. Doesn't it ring any alarm bells in your head when you say something like 'everyone else is wrong'?
I'm the one with comprehension issues? You all keep saying that standard movement makes you autoface and turn your character around and hijacks your movement. It doesn't. It never has. Autoface is completely unrelated to movement scheme.

Have you not been reading this thread? You think I've been playing this game for 70+ hours posting daily diatribes about my gripes with combat, and I wouldn't have immediately bitched had i experienced this autofacing issue you guys keep saying must somehow be happening? It doesnt happen guys. I made a post specifically bitching about how tab targeting logic worked (i found an option to make it less dumb) and how tab was targeting shit nowhere near me/not even on my screen. If i had been experiencing camera/character hijacking due to autofacing I guarantee you i would of bitched about it.

Cybsled

Easy way to see the advantages of legacy movement in certain situations:

Do Palace of the Dead on Machinist solo at higher floors when you're forced to kite shit like a fucking EQ1 druid. Kiting is 100x easier with Legacy, because you keep running away while doing DPS/using abilities and there is less risk of running towards the mob by accident.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
lol clearly you haven't read a single post in this thread, you win, you got me, good troll a+

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Easy way to see the advantages of legacy movement in certain situations:

Do Palace of the Dead on Machinist solo at higher floors when you're forced to kite shit like a fucking EQ1 druid. Kiting is 100x easier with Legacy, because you keep running away while doing DPS/using abilities and there is less risk of running towards the mob by accident.
Nah I get it. Legacy system you auto-face shit all the time but it never hampers your movement direction so you just don't care about it when it happens, I got it. That's not what anyone was arguing or typing in their responses, but that's what they meant, I figured it out through actually testing in game. I was just trying to think of an advantage of Legacy style, I could of explained it better.

All I've been saying, but what nobody here seems to get, is Standard movement with mouselook (which you will always be using unless you are a kb turner/hotbar clicker) your character never suffers from auto-facing so it's never an issue. I mean I guess if a bear broke into my house and tore my arm off in the middle of a rotation and I couldn't use my mouse then I'd be fucked and maybe an aoe might hit me where otherwise I would have avoided it but at that moment with an angry bear still clutching my bloody arm in his jaws my immediate concern is not going to be my characters facing in a video game.

The last few pages of this thread is nothing but people telling me over and over that this thing is definitely happening to my character in the game all the time, when it took me over an hour of testing with various settings and every button/input control imaginable just to replicate it once. And that was by accident, I took my hand off my mouse to scratch my ass in the middle of test #347. Before that happened I was about to give up and just call you all retards and move on.

I did learn one thing from all this though. I can totally hit shit behind me. I mean I always have been hitting things behind me back before I knew how to change the tab targeting logic, but I didn't realize it. I had just assumed that my attacks were limited to a 180 plane in front of me, because i'm usually running in circles around groups of mobs to clump them together and position them for AOE, and my target is almost always directly to my left or right, on or off my screen.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Nah I get it. Legacy system you auto-face shit all the time but it never hampers your movement direction so you just don't care about it when it happens, I got it. That's not what anyone was arguing or typing in their responses, but that's what they meant, I figured it out through actually testing in game. I was just trying to think of an advantage of Legacy style, I could of explained it better.

All I've been saying, but what nobody here seems to get, is Standard movement with mouselook (which you will always be using unless you are a kb turner/hotbar clicker) your character never suffers from auto-facing so it's never an issue. I mean I guess if a bear broke into my house and tore my arm off in the middle of a rotation and I couldn't use my mouse then I'd be fucked and maybe an aoe might hit me where otherwise I would have avoided it but at that moment with an angry bear still clutching my bloody arm in his jaws my immediate concern is not going to be my characters facing in a video game.

The last few pages of this thread is nothing but people telling me over and over that this thing is definitely happening to my character in the game all the time, when it took me over an hour of testing with various settings and every button/input control imaginable just to replicate it once. And that was by accident, I took my hand off my mouse to scratch my ass in the middle of test #347. Before that happened I was about to give up and just call you all retards and move on.

I did learn one thing from all this though. I can totally hit shit behind me. I mean I always have been hitting things behind me back before I knew how to change the tab targeting logic, but I didn't realize it. I had just assumed that my attacks were limited to a 180 plane in front of me, because i'm usually running in circles around groups of mobs to clump them together and position them for AOE, and my target is almost always directly to my left or right, on or off my screen.
Hey as long as you can hit targets and move instantly 360 without any sort of error then we did our job :)

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I literally told you that in this post which you then replied to with this post telling me I was wrong.

Now do you get why I claimed you have comprehension issues?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yes but you do realize my character doesn't turn around to shoot, right? That is what I was saying. Do you understand why it seems everyone in this thread has comprehension issues? You all keep saying my character is turning around, he's not. standard behaves identically to legacy except for what the S button does, unless you don't use mouselook.

also I dont know what post you are trying to link in the 2nd link but it's not it.

I've finally been able to reproduce what it is you guys are saying should be happening all the time. I have to hold my mouse perfectly still and only use W for movement. no strafing, no mouse movement at all, and I can pretty reliably reproduce this "turn around and run the other way" thing. Even the slightest left/right movement of my mouse sends the game a turn input and overrides autoface, which is exactly what WASD does in legacy. Hours of fucking around in the game trying to break it just to reproduce something you guys think is always happening. I'm pretty sure this is an elaborate troll job on y'alls part to distract me from this terribad story, still not even to Heavensward yet thanks to this.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yes but you do realize my character doesn't turn around to shoot, right? That is what I was saying. Do you understand why it seems everyone in this thread has comprehension issues? You all keep saying my character is turning around, he's not. standard behaves identically to legacy except for what the S button does, unless you don't use mouselook.

also I dont know what post you are trying to link in the 2nd link but it's not it.

I've finally been able to reproduce what it is you guys are saying should be happening all the time. I have to hold my mouse perfectly still and only use W for movement. no strafing, no mouse movement at all, and I can pretty reliably reproduce this "turn around and run the other way" thing. Even the slightest left/right movement of my mouse sends the game a turn input and overrides autoface, which is exactly what WASD does in legacy. Hours of fucking around in the game trying to break it just to reproduce something you guys think is always happening. I'm pretty sure this is an elaborate troll job on y'alls part to distract me from this terribad story, still not even to Heavensward yet thanks to this.
Chill the autism! Wow...

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
It's not that it happens all the time, it's about the one time you're doing EX2 as the tank and you get smeared because you're a boomer with 50 years of 'muscle memory' so you can't modify your playstyle to adapt to new input controls. Nobody gives a shit outside of savage/extreme/ultimates (stuff you're not doing). As you said, it's very easy to replicate. Run in a straight line through a target dummy and hit your ranged ability. If you are traveling in a straight line you will turn around and run back towards the dummy in standard, you will keep running in legacy. If you are saying that 100% of the time you will always be moving in a curve when you hit an ability, sure you're a pro. Nobody plays like that though in serious content which is basically 10 minutes of non-stop movement/positional requirements. You probably won't even die. You'll run out of an AE and as you run out it'll 'hitch' because of your character turning and the second time that happens you'll switch to legacy because it's fucking annoying.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
As you said, it's very difficult to replicate.
Fixed. I see your point that in some crazy ddr style fight it may happen once in a while. Will it ever happen in msq or daily roulettes? Probably no. Will it ever affect me? Probably not.

Like i said I've been playing around testing both modes so much the last 2 days that im already used to legacy now. I just hate how it feels out of combat when im just running between quest givers.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Fixed. I see your point that in some crazy ddr style fight it may happen once in a while. Will it ever happen in msq or daily roulettes? Probably no. Will it ever affect me? Probably not.

Like i said I've been playing around testing both modes so much the last 2 days that im already used to legacy now. I just hate how it feels out of combat when im just running between quest givers.

The thing that bugs me about legacy movement is that I can't look behind me while moving forward, but you can mitigate that somewhat by using autorun.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The thing that bugs me is i cant mindlessly steer while autorunning to an npc while watching netflix on 2nd monitor

Joe_Bidens_Dementia

Molten Core Raider
Just want to say Sylas Sylas you are the least enjoyable part of this thread and every time I see you talk I wish you would quit this game so people could talk about it with out wading through your dementia.

This game isn't for you and the community dislikes you both here and in game.

In closing, kill yourself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

07498b5elci81.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Sylas won't hurry up and get to Heavensward and 6.1 isn't out yet so what can we do?
I am happy to continue providing content for this thread while you wait for patches and i wait until the game starts or the story to rise above b story anime level.

This thread is the game