Fire Emblem Heroes

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The stamina thing is what gets me the most I think. Play for 15-20 minutes and you're done for hours unless you reach for the wallet. Overall I like the game but I cant see it replacing the other mobile stuff I spend time on every day yet.
Same, I have so much more to do throughout the day in hyper heroes and Valkyrie connect that I think I'll only get on this game maybe once a day.

But their auto battle system is ass, dumb AI and if someone levels it just sits on their stat upgrades.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Maybe folks are hoping for a good Fire Emblem game rather than a good gatcha/stamina phone game.

It's not really even a good Gatcha game though. Plenty of others with much more to do and much more content.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
FFRK only gatcha game that matters. All the others are games I play for a bit and give up. Doesn't mean they're bad, they serve a purpose for a time. ¶=

Chris

Potato del Grande
The FFRK makers DeNA partnered with Nintendo for mobile gaming so I'm hoping they are involved with this and we get the weekly or better updates FFRK has.

The game is challenging but I worry that 4v4 and small maps will limit the depth the mechanics allow for.

Really we need to see how many free orbs we get and how many feathers from higher ranked pvp before judging, that'll be make or break. At lv30 I'm getting ~1500 feathers which are actually from my launch day lv15 matches - never been able to get a better streak. Going to grind out 40 if possible today and see if I can get better.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are you guys using healers? I've stuggled levelling past 20 with my team so I gave up, new team has a healer and im nearly caught up to the original team... makes it way easier.

I was using red infantry/blue mage/green flyer/colourless archer. Now I'm using red infantry/blue flyer/colourless archer/colourless healer. There's limited choice of green units but colourless is doing just fine replacing it.

I've also noticed some units are way better than others due to abilities. Defensive ones like getting bonus def/res when attacking or defending seem great.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Hey guys, Tiki is still top 5-10 heroes (the 5 star one in banner). Her minor heal is ok for sustain + her AE is devasting but seldomly will a match go long enough o use it. Her true power lies in the fact she is magical damage which a lot more heroes stuggle with especially the front liners and her all around stats are pretty high. Perfect killer for a lot of the heavy units while maintain a strong front liner opposed to having to go with a calvary type to shred heavy units that will die instantly from anyone else.

Anyone rerolling honestly 2 5 stars is stellar and i'd take it as they will help you through the game to get enough orbs for a few rounds of rolls. I have but don't use Lucina but I have decent options and she doesn't fit well with the comp I built but she is definitely strong.

So I have my team of 40's finally for arena, just did my 1st ever 7 winning streak on all advanced using 3 of the 4 bonus characters. It netted me a high score of 4200 or 4400 can't remember (3100 is needed for top high score). Keep in mind the overall ranking points is actually hidden (or i'm blind) so when it shows your ranking i'm 99% positive that is accumulative not based off your high score which you get separate points from. I don't like that they are limiting feathers to a static number of people VS % base rewards. Seems stupid because if 5M people play vs 2.5M only the same 100k get any feathers for any reward on total points.

Yesterday I scrapped together enough feathers to evolve my first 4 star. Honestly the arena is pretty limited in feathers to help evolve (just arena will take a month just for the best people to get enough). However sending home units that you aren't going to use gets you there. If you don't spend any cash on the game then don't do it as you get 100 or 300 per so just summoning and selling shit untis on the 150 or whatever orbs you make clearing the entire game on all difficulties isn't going to get you there assuming you keep the good ones. If you spend abit of cash then i'd suggest selling all the 3 stars and duplicate of any 4 stars that aren't in your top few choices of wanting to evolve. If you have duplicates that are priority involves then merge them as 4 stars, it will reduce the cost to unlock to a 5star by the same amount if you just sent it home for feathers plus you get some SP and temp minor stat increase that goes away on evolve (the + stats are a fucking joke, + 2 random stats for what I saw).

I desperately wanted a Hector and spent abit of cash chasing one but unfortunately the odds are extremely low of "getting" any one specific person you want outside the focus units so don't waste too many orbs trying to get a non focus unit instead quit when you have a balanced team and probably save for the next banner would be my suggestion.

If you do see the below units rerolling or get lucky enough to snag prioritize as they are EXTREMELY good. They are 5 star summon only so no getting a low level one and evolving

Hector - Best hero in the game hands down at the moment. At high levels he counters all abilities, is heavy so he basically can only be hurt by magic and armor pierces which are pretty rare(even fire infantry units struggle with him and they have the color advantage). Best arena character by a mile due to the counter attacks and toughness + good damage. I go against the best pvp teams out there and every single fucking one has a hector (fuck their luck and/or massive whaliness!). Pro Tip - Bring a Tiki to the arena if you get into lvl 40's and do advanced, she is the perfect counter to hector since she has high physical defense, color advantage AND does magic damage which he has low res vs his insane def. I 1 shot him with Tiki yet my other 3 people on my team lose 1v3 to Hector (shit you not). So its simple, protect Tiki and 1 shot Hector or lose; he has 1 movement being the trade off for his uberness.

Ryoma - Not as tanky as Hector being infantry but same thing with counters from anywhere which means anyone outside a blue mage he will basically kill if they are ranged. He also gets Lyn's ability of below 50% health to have + 7 attack which makes him an ass raper. Alas I didn't get lucky on him either

Leo - Best mage hands down, mobile unit on calvary lets him come out of no where and he has a big AOE etc as well as limiting enemieies attack range with his weapon. He is a beast that alas I don't have :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below are a few high tier heroes to be on the look out for

Takumi - Probably 1 of the top 2 focus summons (Tiki being the other). He counter attacks everyone not just ranged and does some strong damage that isn't color specific. He 1 shots all pesky fliers that can shred your heavy's so very useful to have and trades well against mages.

Linde - I'm still making my mind up on her, just about to get her to 40 so i'll see how she goes, blue mage with some very high attack but also heals + 5 when she attacks. I get more out of her then Robin it seems but i'm still not sold she will make my top team even though others praise her (+5 AOE heal just doesn't do much since so many people 1 shot each other).

Elise - Best healer, she heals herself when healing others and every other heal she does she gives all people + 4 attack (don't overlook these buffs, that's pretty big).

Plenty of other viable 5 stars; also below are probably the 2 top hero's you can actually pull a 4 star of and evolve into a stud 5 star.

Abel - Double hits and can prevent 1 color from attacking and is cavalary.
Cordelia - Long special build up but she hits twice so it goes fast, it lets her basically go twice so great for jumping into theback line and killing 2 people or 1 and escape. Very strong against fire infanty.

Lastly few comments on meta/team builds I've observed;
1) Balance is key, even though individual heroes may be top tier loading 1 color is just going to get you raped in a lot of situations pvp and pve. Right now most people have ALOT of their 5 star heroes as fire, particularly fire infantry. Easy to abuse low level pvp by running a few strong blue units.
2) Healing is decent for pve particularly if you have some beefy characters. But at the end of the day everyone is almost 1 shotted by counters so i'm not 100% a fan of running a healer at the moment particularly in pvp. PVE is makes sense since if you die you lose all exp you got that match for that hero so having them go in and heal them after they fight is useful.

My current team I just finally assembled and got to all 40 is below
1) Effie - My first 4 star evolve, since I don't have Hector I think she is probably the 2nd best front liner for 2 reasons. (heavy) She is blue which counters a lot of the red you see in pvp and she has some of the highest def & attack in the entire game and a strong hp pool. Even top lvl training tower (lunatic gold star lvl 40's) physical people can't do shit to her outside of color mismatches and she doesn't get 1 shot by anything but a dragon/mage of green color. If you play well with her 1 mv limit she is a fucking beast and I haven't seen anyone running her, if you are free to play i'd seriously consider running her as a primary 4 star to lvl 40. She also stops double attacks if her health is over 50%. One of the only units i'd encourage running a healer with.

2) Tiki - Strong front liner, can provide some healing and as long as she stays alive her special ability wins fights.

3) Takumi - Great non color damage that really destroys most people but heavy's (hardly scratches them). Its impossible to keep people out of harms way in this game no matter your positioning so having a ranged who can counter melee's when they attack makes him retarded plus he almost always doubles. His special ability isn't super since it basically has to go off when he is countering someone or else its useless.

4) TBD - This spot depends on pve or pvp. PVE I'll run Elise a lot for heals even though she isn't 40 yet (next project). Almost have Linde which i'm thinking is going to be my normal 4th because her + tiki can give alright healing and her damage is very strong. My only problem is it leaves me without green damage and abit light on team AOE buffs at start of turns. I'll throw in Camilla sometimes as well but she just dies so fucking much since she is weak to fire which is most common and any archer on to p of that. She has low speed so she gets bombed, on the flip side diving into their ranks from afar 1 shotting a squishy then hitting every one for 7 sometimes isn't a bad trade.

Since i'm not pulling anymore until I see one of the 3 I listed in a banner, that's what i'm working with :) My next long term project is to get enough feathers and evolve Felica I think to 5 star. No one talks about her what so ever but I think she might be really good in my 4th slot. She does + 7 heals to the team when she attacks and is ranged so good to come in behind my tank and heal them plus do non color damage. On top of that she has a + 7 def/res debuff on her normal attack (applies after she hits) so I think her and Takumi would be a great 1-2 punch to kill about anyone outside of a heavy regardless of color. If you are FTP and are light on 5 stars I might suggest using her and see how it goes, pretty solid support unit (heal on attack + debuff), biggest question is her damage output. A few stat points goes a long way. If I don't do her i'll do Abel or Cordlia as my 2nd 4 star evolve once I get feathers since I don't have a 5 star blue lancer unfortunately

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think ranking is based off your best streak rather than total points. Wouldn't they display your total points if it matters?

We will see tomorrow! Just got a 3000 streak from 7 intermediate matches. Need to get full 40s now for expert matches.

Any levelling tips Turbo?

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Current squad is Tiki/Roy/Azura 5 star and using a 4 star Barst because he is the highest lvl green unit I have. All around lvl 30 and I have been able to clear all the story content up to chapter 5 Lunatic. Azura's Song ability is great for covering ground fast when paired with Roy and his push. Really helpful considering almost every map has multiple chokes.

Like the potential, but they need to pump out updates fast for this game to have any chance of lasting long term. Anyone doing top training levels seeing more Crystals? Says level 6 or higher but I havent gotten any and I have been grinding 6 and 7 for awhile...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually I didn't mean to toss the Lucina/Tiki roll, but I decided I'd try to be greedy for something even better and apparently the way I backed up it up didn't work. I made a copy of the device.xml that you delete to reroll, but when I copy it back into the relevant folder the game just locks itself into an error loop.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure its the top 3 training stations that give the crystals to evolve 4 star, I have enough to evolve any color at the moment so they come but its not 100% drop rates, I went 4 matches without one then got X 3 the next....

I don't know on the arena you may be right but it seems that would be against their best interest even though the fairest for the players. If you just do top high scores then there is pretty limited reason to spend orbs for those spending money to get to the top. It also means there will be a tiny bit of pure luck because you all can get 7 win streaks on advanced and just get low point draws. Also I wonder if lower level teams get lower points ill have to look because if not then running a lvl 5 team of 4 5 stars would be really cake walk.

I am ranked 241 out of everyone so you might be right but that just seems dumb but since you can only legit do it once a day I guess it makes sense. They need to put some 2nd currency from winning matches to add some value/spice to pvp.

As far as leveling depends what you are doing, if you are already in a good spot and get a new hero and want to level the best bet is running him with a healer, a dancer (extra turn for someone else) and a fodder unit (cav or flier). Send the flier out draw people in, kill them with your person you are leveing, dance kill again, and heal. Rinse and repeat. I'd suggest trying to do training maps that are a few levels ahead of you until you get in mid 30's because unless you lack any strategy what so ever (don't auto battle) you can steam roll matches even if you don't have color advantages. Once you get into luntatic levels you are better off just trying to win as a team vs focus leveling because its so easy to get 1 shot.

Doing maps you sget exp up to 5 levels below you but exp is fairly shit so usually +3 or so is where you want to be for major level gain without much hassle. Also if you see abit of a higher tower lvl with advantages to your focus character go for them as this game is way way to focused on advantages.

To be perfect honest I wish I would have stuck with one of the older gache games, I really enjoy the longevity of these and casual yet constant playing required BUT I didn't want to start from so far back from people. I was going to play phantom kill but after 2 days swore off these games since you can waste so much fucking money if you are an ultra competitive person such as myself. But I realized I won't ever go back to MMO's and need some fix, I play Smite for my competitive play and its free so not like i'm spending anything on games. I just like being at the ground level so guess i'll see how it goes. Its pretty simplistic at this point but a lot of thoe games out there evolved a lot over their first 12-18 months (FFRK for instance). My biggest desire is if they add some form of customization option to these hero's that let you make a CHOICE (I want this skill vs this, atm 99% of all skills you are just upgrading and using the best upgrade and get all abilities anyway). Make players optimize and grind for it, that's what would keep me playing a long time.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So I decided one strat I want to try working towards down the road. I have 3 heavies (WRU HECTOR!!) that all have very strong aura's that give +4/4 or 6/6 stats to other armored units. Significant gains plus normally real strong stats that heavies have......I think it will make for an awesome (and slow as fuck) team. As mentioned I raised Effie to 5 star and have her at 50 and she is a fucking beast minus magic users. So that X 3 with really super strong buffs....YES SIR. Just deciding what I want for a 4th.....part of me is thinking healer. Or also might consider someone with a +6 (?) attack debuff that is good for 2 tiles. So + 6 def/res to my entire team and anyone close to us doing 6 less damage is net 12 attack loss which combined with heavies resilience......I THINK this team would fucking own and be so painful to fight. Especially since there isn't a lot of good amror breakers out there in the meta. The thing I love about heavies is they still have really high attack for the most part, their trade off is in movement but unless a ranged is behind a mountain/wall you have to be close enough to damage them that they can still close the gap and attack you.

My other option of teams i'm considering that no one does is a 3 man dragon team with Nowi, Tiki, and Fae (have to evolve tc so take some major investiments). The beauty of the 3 dragon team is all are tanky and 2 of them have 2 panel reduction for attack and res. So if all 4 of your people use magic then that res reduction is huge and the attack debuff really allows you to trade efficiently. They are fairly tanky and Nowi counter attacks ranged units as well. Tiki brings some healing and AOE damage. Fae also buffs def/res when she attacks for adj units so strat is really to keep them bunch 3 across with her in the middle as much as possible and just let people come into 2 panel range and hardly do damage to you. Again not sure on my 4th....most likely a mage since the res reduction on the dragon and in general people have higher def then res anyway. Liana wouldn't be bad with minor heals and massive attack stats.....also I don't like him but if Robin's def buff applies to them might be good as well for a very tanky

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Decided to do a few rerolls this morning on my 2nd act. On the 3rd or 4th reset I got Hector on 2nd pull and Elise on 3rd pull. Feels good man. Now just need a decent fire and blue unit and I'll be set.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure its the top 3 training stations that give the crystals to evolve 4 star, I have enough to evolve any color at the moment so they come but its not 100% drop rates, I went 4 matches without one then got X 3 the next....

I think you are talking about the hero badges for the evolution. Was asking about the color crystals to level units past 20. UI says you get them from the 6th stratum, or w/e its called, all the way up. Haven't gotten any yet on the 6th or 7th, hope they are more common at higher tiers.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think I'm done.

Rerolling.

oaj8fnn.png

I'm guessing it's a bit imbalanced, 2 heavies in the form of Effie and Gra, and I'm not sure what Azura is, but I'm not walking away from a triple 5* heh