FOH Shower Thoughts

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
What is it with Women and pumping their own gasoline?

granted this probably isn't the best community to ask since we have like 2 whole females here but wtf, ladies?

I have seen it mentioned a multitude of times and scenarios where a wife will mention that her husband fills her car's tank for her so that she doesn't have to pump her own gas, listed as a "sweet, caring thing that their husband does for them that they appreciate" and I am completely flummoxed. Likewise you have videos like this one where the woman blames her husband because he doesn't fuel her car for her:

How is this seen as anything other than patronizing and derogatory?

Pumping your own gas is not a difficult task, it requires no special skills, no commitment of time or energy, does not soil or dirty you, and unless you live in chiraq it is not dangerous, nor does it impede your daily commute in any way. It is a completely trivial, effortless task and having someone do it for you is condescending, at best. it is treating you like a child or an invalid, why are you not upset at the very implication?

Is it that you were never taught this simple task and you are embarrassed to ask? It's simple:
line up your vehicle's gas cap with the pump
open the fuel door, remove the gas cap
remove the nozzle from the pump and insert it ALL the way in, this isn't junior high, so no playing "just the tip" (this addresses any concerns about fuel odors)
select the fuel grade desired, and wave your credit card in front of the pumps card/chip reader
squeeze the handle on the nozzle all the way down, and lock the handle in place
step back and observe the fuel dispense for 3 minutes, wait until you hear it click that it is finished.
If you have OCD, then you "top off" the gasoline so that the price reaches the next nearest whole dollar amount, otherwise, with the nozzle disengaged, return the nozzle to the pump and replace the cap on your fuel tank, close the fuel door.
select y/n on if you want a car wash or if you want a cc receipt
"Thank you, have a nice day"

That's it. it is not difficult.

Or maybe, Is it that you are afraid of people will realize that you can't drive for shit because it takes you multiple attempts to line up your car's gas cap with the pump? Perhaps you forget what side of the car the tank is on, or you get too close or are too far away from the pump and the nozzle won't reach?? Ladies, please, this is a silly concern. WE ALREADY KNOW YOU CAN'T DRIVE, you are a woman.

I have difficulty comprehending how it is somehow more appropriate for your husband to take 30 minutes out of his recreational time after work to take your car and fill up the tank, rather than you taking the 4 whole minutes out of your day during your commute/running errands to fill your tank while you are already out.

I view "filling up your car's fuel tank" for you the same way I would if your husband cut up your food for you when you sat down to eat dinner. It's an uh...sweet? gesture? I suppose, but if someone grabbed my plate and started cutting up my food for me and expected a response of anything other than bewilderment and abject horror then you are sorely mistaken.

Note: I've never had a girlfriend ask me to fill up her car's gas tank before, but you best believe the moment a woman hinted that that is something she wanted/would appreciate/is looking forward to, I would from that moment own, grab her plate and cut up her food for her as well, while saying "let daddy cut up your food for you. one day soon you will be a big girl and you can cut up your own food, right after you learn how to pump your own damn gas"

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Lurkus Maximus

Trakanon Raider
What is it with Women and pumping their own gasoline?

granted this probably isn't the best community to ask since we have like 2 whole females here but wtf, ladies?

I have seen it mentioned a multitude of times and scenarios where a wife will mention that her husband fills her car's tank for her so that she doesn't have to pump her own gas, listed as a "sweet, caring thing that their husband does for them that they appreciate" and I am completely flummoxed. Likewise you have videos like this one where the woman blames her husband because he doesn't fuel her car for her:

How is this seen as anything other than patronizing and derogatory?

Pumping your own gas is not a difficult task, it requires no special skills, no commitment of time or energy, does not soil or dirty you, and unless you live in chiraq it is not dangerous, nor does it impede your daily commute in any way. It is a completely trivial, effortless task and having someone do it for you is condescending, at best. it is treating you like a child or an invalid, why are you not upset at the very implication?

Is it that you were never taught this simple task and you are embarrassed to ask? It's simple:
line up your vehicle's gas cap with the pump
open the fuel door, remove the gas cap
remove the nozzle from the pump and insert it ALL the way in, this isn't junior high, so no playing "just the tip" (this addresses any concerns about fuel odors)
select the fuel grade desired, and wave your credit card in front of the pumps card/chip reader
squeeze the handle on the nozzle all the way down, and lock the handle in place
step back and observe the fuel dispense for 3 minutes, wait until you hear it click that it is finished.
If you have OCD, then you "top off" the gasoline so that the price reaches the next nearest whole dollar amount, otherwise, with the nozzle disengaged, return the nozzle to the pump and replace the cap on your fuel tank, close the fuel door.
select y/n on if you want a car wash or if you want a cc receipt
"Thank you, have a nice day"

That's it. it is not difficult.

Or maybe, Is it that you are afraid of people will realize that you can't drive for shit because it takes you multiple attempts to line up your car's gas cap with the pump? Perhaps you forget what side of the car the tank is on, or you get too close or are too far away from the pump and the nozzle won't reach?? Ladies, please, this is a silly concern. WE ALREADY KNOW YOU CAN'T DRIVE, you are a woman.

I have difficulty comprehending how it is somehow more appropriate for your husband to take 30 minutes out of his recreational time after work to take your car and fill up the tank, rather than you taking the 4 whole minutes out of your day during your commute/running errands to fill your tank while you are already out.

I view "filling up your car's fuel tank" for you the same way I would if your husband cut up your food for you when you sat down to eat dinner. It's an uh...sweet? gesture? I suppose, but if someone grabbed my plate and started cutting up my food for me and expected a response of anything other than bewilderment and abject horror then you are sorely mistaken.

Note: I've never had a girlfriend ask me to fill up her car's gas tank before, but you best believe the moment a woman hinted that that is something she wanted/would appreciate/is looking forward to, I would from that moment own, grab her plate and cut up her food for her as well, while saying "let daddy cut up your food for you. one day soon you will be a big girl and you can cut up your own food, right after you learn how to pump your own damn gas"

Bro, how long was your shower?

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

lurker

Vyemm Raider
My first job was pumping gas for people meaning, I worked at a Service Station. That's what we called them back in the day. Had a mechanic on duty. There was no such thing as self-serve. That came years later

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I knew a girl in college who didn't know how to pump gas. Turns out her dad just always kept the tanks full for her and her mom. She was cute so she never had trouble getting people to handle it. She had money (or rather her daddy's gas card) so they didn't have to pay or anything.

Same girl didn't know how to drive an automatic either. Her car ran out of gas one day and she borrowed her roommate's car to run home between classes. About 15 minutes later she gets the roommate out of class to ask where the clutch was. "What do you mean there's no clutch? how do you shift gears?"

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Tell that to New Jersey and Oregon.

Yeah so just like any other union job. No special skills and only exists because of threat of violence. But didn't one of them change that law recently?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Yeah so just like any other union job. No special skills and only exists because of threat of violence. But didn't one of them change that law recently?
Yeah we're back to pumping our own gas in OR.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Same girl didn't know how to drive an automatic either.
vintage baby GIF

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
After the advent of teleportation technology, a peculiar and controversial invention gained unexpected popularity: the **Excreportal™**, a surgically implanted device attached directly to the rectum. This small, unobtrusive implant uses teleportation to instantly transport feces and excrement to a remote, off-world location, sparing users from the inconvenience of traditional bodily functions.

### Features and Functionality:
The Excreportal™ is marketed as a luxury item for the modern, busy individual who desires ultimate convenience and hygiene. Once implanted, it seamlessly integrates with the user's digestive system. When the body is ready to excrete waste, the device activates and teleports the matter to a designated location. The process is entirely painless and imperceptible, removing the need for restrooms or toilet facilities altogether.

### The Off-World Controversy:
The controversy surrounding the Excreportal™ isn't about the device itself, but rather its mysterious off-world "Waste Transfer Zone." Little is known about this destination; the company behind Excreportal™—an enigmatic conglomerate called **TerraClean Industries**—remains tight-lipped about its exact location and environmental impact. Rumors abound about where the waste actually ends up:

1. **Alien Exploitation:** Some speculate that the waste is sent to an alien planet where native species are exploited as a form of biofuel.

2. **Distant Black Hole Disposal:** Others believe the waste is dumped near a black hole, where it's supposedly obliterated—though concerns arise about potential cosmic repercussions.

3. **Unknown Moon Storage:** A popular theory is that the waste is teleported to an uncharted moon within our solar system, potentially creating an environmental crisis that future generations will have to deal with.

### Social and Ethical Debates:
The invention has sparked heated debates among scientists, ethicists, and environmentalists. Critics argue that the lack of transparency from TerraClean Industries raises serious ethical questions about the potential harm to other worlds or dimensions. Furthermore, there are concerns about the unforeseen long-term effects on users’ bodies and the potential for malfunctioning devices that could cause random teleportations.

### Cultural Impact:
Despite the controversies, the Excreportal™ has become a status symbol among the wealthy and elite, leading to its widespread adoption in high society. Memes, conspiracy theories, and urban legends about the mysterious "Waste Transfer Zone" have permeated pop culture, creating a blend of fascination and fear around the device. It represents a broader trend of technological advancement outpacing ethical consideration, with society divided between those who prioritize convenience and those who worry about the moral and cosmic costs.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
What about anal sex? Will your dick be teleported to the waste disposal zone?

Come on. I can't be the first person to wonder about this.

• 1Like

wellijustdontknow

WTT: nudez4Xboxz
What about anal sex? Will your dick be teleported to the waste disposal zone?

Come on. I can't be the first person to wonder about this.
I'm not sure that the average cock would penetrate that far into the intestines. I am guessing that you are going to be just fine.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure that the average cock would penetrate that far into the intestines. I am guessing that you are going to be just fine.
Well then what about lawyers? Does that mean no more baby lawyers will be born?

• 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Why aren't there piles of debris on roads from side mirrors? You'd think people would slap them together on the regular.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Why aren't there piles of debris on roads from side mirrors? You'd think people would slap them together on the regular.
I've only seen them get slapped by cyclists and the mirrors probably get picked up with the rest of the motorcycle debris.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
We’re probably not far away from having AI raised prodigies. Just imagine the next John Danaher raising kids or training entire gyms with AI monitoring and managing every aspect of their health, nutrition, and training. Same thing could be said for any sport, interest or profession. I wouldn’t be surprised if our justice system replaces the jury with AI in our lifetimes.