General Gaming News and Discussion

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Tq2 trailer is at 1:14:50.

Hopefully they work on the skills a lot more, the environments looked cool but the skills just passed right through mobs like you weren’t even hitting them, looked like shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
no surprise avowed delayed, tbh don't even remember what the game is. think its by the guys who made Fallout New Vegas but I assume not really the same people anymore

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
no surprise avowed delayed, tbh don't even remember what the game is. think its by the guys who made Fallout New Vegas but I assume not really the same people anymore

Jesus. Only thing I may be looking forward to there is DOOM.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sad times. I still have a ton of their magazines from my youth.

Its like one of, if not the last, "gaming" magazine, from what I understand. I dont necesarrily give a shit about Game Informer and their "HOT" takes. But it is sad o see a form of media fall away. I saw a FB post today from someone that talked about being mad. Mad about having to go from Records, to 8 Tracks, to Casette Tapes, to CD's, to MP3's, and now they have to pay a sub.

Which, on the one hand - I can listen to anything I want at any point, and I dont use a subscription service.. so this is kind of pretty much freedom for me? But holy shit is that a lot of different delivery methods that have gone to shit in someone thats in their .. what? 50's? 60's? I remember seeing 8 Tracks a long time ago, but that was before my time. evem then. Cassettes was the only "weird" one. As at one point, it felt old.. like my parents had All the Gun's and Roses cassettes right?.. and thats old. But I also remember recording shit off the radio too, with cassettes. That was pretty fantastic to me, living out in the boonies as a poor kid!

But really.. I cant remember that "transition" between cassettes and CDs. My brother left me his stereo when he took off, so even back in the early days of CD's - I could listen to both with a multifunction system. I guess for "me" in particular, it was just such a smooth transition that it never really dawned on me.

But again, to come back around to who we lost, and not what we've lost? Game Informer had its hey-day, but its sure af not relevant as a printed media.

• 2Like

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

"First party games"

Youmadethis?imadethis.jpeg

• 2Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Tq2 trailer is at 1:14:50.

Hopefully they work on the skills a lot more, the environments looked cool but the skills just passed right through mobs like you weren’t even hitting them, looked like shit.
Yeah they need some hit stun or something on the mobs. It's not Crate making it obviously. Did this current studio make anything before?

spronk

FPS noob
Jesus. Only thing I may be looking forward to there is DOOM.

i really wanna play the indiana jones game, it looks fun and a real throwback to the kind of uncharted / tomb raider games they just don't seem to make anymore, except bloated Ubisoft "everyone is gay" games

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah they need some hit stun or something on the mobs. It's not Crate making it obviously. Did this current studio make anything before?

Crate didn't make TQ1, I think it was just a few guys from that studio who founded Crate and used the engine?

TQ2 will not be anywhere as good as Grim Dawn.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
i really wanna play the indiana jones game, it looks fun and a real throwback to the kind of uncharted / tomb raider games they just don't seem to make anymore, except bloated Ubisoft "everyone is gay" games

Sweet Baby Inc has their shit hands all over this from story "Curation" so you've been warned.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I guess they’re resurrecting this dead horse.

Darksiders 1 and 2 were great. Not sure I played 3 and didn’t even know Genesis existed. Not sure what the plans for this one are, maybe a return to form?

Swear we had a Darksiders thread from back in the day but forum search is busted and Google search of “Darksiders site:firesofheaven.org” didn’t return anything.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Darksiders 1 and 2 were great. Not sure I played 3 and didn’t even know Genesis existed. Not sure what the plans for this one are, maybe a return to form?

Swear we had a Darksiders thread from back in the day but forum search is busted and Google search of “Darksiders site:firesofheaven.org” didn’t return anything.

I legit dont even remember what the story of … well … any of them was. But I own all of them so it must have been good or inconsequential. The puzzle shit is just fucking fantastic though. I remember that easily. That zelda-esque item acquisition, the theme, and even that somewhat generic combat was really entertaining for me personally.

Though, I know its the four horsemen and youre playing as one of them - Im just trying to theorize how theyre going to shoe-horn in homosexuals and/or have an overwhelming minority presence.

• 1Like

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Glad to see Gunfire Games still has the IP. Even though they are best known for Remnant now, the studio was actually formed by people who were at Vigil for Darksiders 1 & 2. Hopefully they go back to the series' roots; III was a pretty good game on its own, but it wasn't like Darksiders at all.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The first one was fantastic, the second one was infected by MMO/Diablo bullshit but was still good, the third one suddenly went Souls-like and I didn't really care for it but also didn't really give it a fair try.

Genesis is a bland prequel spinoff.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob

didn't honestly even know bungie was working on a "reboot" of marathon (an old ass classic mac game i don't remember at all tbh). apparently its supposed to be a big GAAS extraction game ala Rust Hunt showdown etc don't really know much about the genre since i don't give a single fuck

bungie (OG makers of Halo) is struggling hard, they just got hit by big layoffs, sony is moving teams to their own studios, Destiny 2 seems to be stumbling hard, and now Marathon seems to be a disaster. Oh well, i haven't played Destiny in 5+ years so can't say i really care much.

maybe some day they'll go back to making games with big titty chicks where you kill shit, until then i'm fine playing japanese games

Kaige

<WoW Guild Officer>
<WoW Guild Officer>

didn't honestly even know bungie was working on a "reboot" of marathon (an old ass classic mac game i don't remember at all tbh). apparently its supposed to be a big GAAS extraction game ala Rust Hunt showdown etc don't really know much about the genre since i don't give a single fuck

bungie (OG makers of Halo) is struggling hard, they just got hit by big layoffs, sony is moving teams to their own studios, Destiny 2 seems to be stumbling hard, and now Marathon seems to be a disaster. Oh well, i haven't played Destiny in 5+ years so can't say i really care much.

maybe some day they'll go back to making games with big titty chicks where you kill shit, until then i'm fine playing japanese games

You don't remember that weird ass trailer they made?

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

First one was perfect.

Lies of P to Dark Souls 3 is what Darksiders 1 to Zelda is.

2 was infected with too much loot'ism in a way that made it feel like they were clashing genres too hard without thinking about how they were building their game for it. Or maybe I just didn't give it a fair shot because I liked the Zelda formula too much and thought it fit the theme of the game better and my expectations didn't match.

However I'm really interested in what they'll do with this. Maybe I can give it a fair shot since Gunfire has proved themselves to me with their Remnant series and I won't go in as close minded this time.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Luke Smith is a giant asshole. Oddly, I liked him a lot early on, but like all these cockgobblers he sniffed too much of his own farts

• 1Truth!