General Gaming News and Discussion

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Luke Smith is a giant asshole. Oddly, I liked him a lot early on, but like all these cockgobblers he sniffed too much of his own farts

Quoting myself - douchebag either left or was laid off. Regardless, he's gone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Quoting myself - douchebag either left or was laid off. Regardless, he's gone.

The biggest, quickest, fix that they could do is streamline the fucking purchase of the game. I dont know what the fuck to buy 99% of the time. When I do play the newest expansion, I find out within a couple days that the expansion was only on sale because the next expansion is coming out. If Im looking for something to do while I wait on that new expansion, I see a cosmetic I want to farm only to realize that player's no longer have access to that content, OR, its expansion #389-837.13 of the million plus that is still full fucking price.

Never mind the constant fucking grab-ass of the cash shop.

Its a great fucking game clogged up in the toilet by greed and console limitations.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Destiny fucking sucks. The guns are just not different enough to be worth grinding SO MUCH for.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The thing I hate about Destiny is that you could do SO MUCH with that setting and yet they keep making the exact same linear FPS dungeons over and over again rather than expanding the scope of the game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
ITs been just bad leadership for Destiny for years now. We got stuck in a 3-4 year loop of the same shit over again. Everyone touts these expansions as a great thing, but I always thought that its dumb to spend so much man power to make these campaigns and content which only gets used once. Like 1-2 weeks in a year of Destiny. Especially for a live game where it lives or dies on the day to day, week to week stories, dungeons and raids. Take for example the latest expansion, yeah it was good, but it was over for me in 2 weeks, and I spent so much time there I dont want to go back, lol. And then what do you do, go back to the same old 3 man 6 man week to week shitty content you do over and over again for RNG where the settings change, sure, but its the same old seasonal crap for 3-4 new guns.

This game always lived and died on its dungeons and raid content. THATS where they should be spending the most amount of time developing.

Its still the best feeling shooter ever put out IMO. Its just that its leadership drove it to the ground over the years by its shitty content.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It went to shit when it started to worry about representation and making characters gay. The playerbase hand waved it away as a non issues because they were focused on whatever new puzzle based raid was being put out.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Araysar Araysar so they renamed Chernobyl to Chornobyl in the Stalker 2 game to stick it to the Russians.

• 1Picard
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

<WoW Guild Officer>
<WoW Guild Officer>
They'll never be able to truly stick it to the Russians because their games are always buggy as shit.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I see a cosmetic I want to farm only to realize that player's no longer have access to that content, OR, its expansion #389-837.13 of the million plus that is still full fucking price.
For all the grief Bungie received about Vaulting early Destiny content, its deeply weird that they have heavily shifted to a FOMO GAAS model with content that is only available during that expansion, _regardless of whether you paid for it or not at the time_.

The closest equivalent I can think of is Fortnite Season Passes, and even there Epic announced items from old passes will go on sale directly eventually, as well as what is effectively a classic island mode.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

Hello, friends!

Today, we have exciting news for everyone who loves narrative-driven video games — Owlcat Games is embarking on a new quest to help other studios as a publisher. We will work with teams that share our passion for telling captivating stories through narrative-driven games. Together we want to deliver new, exciting experiences, akin to what we as a studio aim to create ourselves.

After reviewing more than 50 projects, we have signed deals with two talented development teams — Emotion Spark Studio, based in Serbia, and Another Angle Games, based in Poland.

Emotion Spark Studio is working on a narrative RPG called [\~Rue Valley\~](https://store.steampowered.com/app/2126190/Rue_Valley/). It is a story about a man trapped in a mysterious time loop, who faces his mental challenges to uncover the origins of the anomaly.

Another Angle is creating a turn-based isometric RPG set in an alternate feudal Japan called [\~Shadow of the Road\~](https://store.steampowered.com/app/1173980/Shadow_of_the_Road/). It is an immersive story about samurai, honor, and allegiance, combined with a deep tactical turn-based combat system in a world filled with magical yokai and deadly steampunk technology.

Both games are still in the early stages of development, and we will share more information about them later this month.

Stay tuned!

[https://www.reddit.com/r/RueValleyGame/](https://www.reddit.com/r/RueValleyGame/)

[https://www.reddit.com/r/ShadowOfTheRoad](https://www.reddit.com/r/ShadowOfTheRoad)

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
For those looking for a blast from the past, the original DOOM and DOOM II have been updated to support mods and multiplayer on the steam store. (PvP and Co-op).

DOOM+DOOM II

• 1Mother of God

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
People keep sperging about Black Rock but it's much simpler than that. These companies know their legacy audiences buy whatever product they put out so they're branching out trying to capture modern liberal audience.

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
If I understand correctly, Black Rock has been making the move to the overseas, specifically Chinese market, over the past few years.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Most people who just throw "Black Rock" into an argument have literally no idea what they're talking about.

BlackRock is an investment firm. BlackRock + Vanguard + State Street hold a huge chunk of all US retirement accounts, plus other investment vehicles that people use to reach to retirement faster. Because retirement-related accounts make up roughly 61% of all stock holdings, this means these 3 companies own most of the stock in most of the publicly owned companies on the US market and also other markets. This also means they get a lot of say in who sits on the boards of the companies' who's stocks they own.

Because they are mostly in retirement accounts, they have an obligation to make number go up and make it constantly go up for 30 years straight. Everything they do is in service of make number go up.

When they bought up a bunch of houses? That's because they knew stonks and commercial real estate were about to crater, so they had to go buy something they knew was going to go up. When they invest in large publicly held companies with more diverse boards, it's because they're expecting them to outperform over a 20-30 year horizon compared to others.

Trying to ascribe an ideology to money on the scales you're talking about is fundamentally absurd. Number must go up is all that matters.

• 7Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 8 users

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
Not to derail or be contrarian Mist Mist but I thought that Blackstone not Black Rock was catching flack for the recent home acquisitions?

quick snippet I saw online from the following link

If I am incorrect I will humbly concede

1723753545508.png

Does Blackrock Buy Houses?.

• 1Like