Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fuck it's COOKING!

Skärmbild 2024-08-23 193251.png

• 9Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Aazrael

Guys I need you to step up, it peaked a bit below expectations.

Also that Dustborn game, it would have been awesome if it was done as a parody. Just the thought it was done in any serious fashion boggles my mind.

Skärmbild 2024-08-24 144701.png

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I enjoy that all the review sites are pushing Dustborn as flawed but great.

Games fucking suck now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I enjoy that all the review sites are pushing Dustborn as flawed but great.

Games fucking suck now.
"someone made an objectively pretty okay game where i'm not the target audience so i'm gonna cry about it on the internet"

• 2Slow
  • 2Faggotry
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 6 users

Caeden

"someone made an objectively pretty okay game where i'm not the target audience so i'm gonna cry about it on the internet"
Person on internet offers personal opinion so other person on internet needs to opine on that person for having an opinion.

Anyway, who did they make the game for because ain’t nobody fucking playing it?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Just Mist bitching at people for having opinions. Shocked pikachu!

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Aazrael

Yea what stupid thing to say. Really, who the hell was this made for then? Dustborn graph.

Screenshot_20240824-172657.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The torrent of verbal abuse I want to unleash on you is so foul and disturbing that first I want to see if maybe I misinterpreted this and you aren't talking about Dustborn as 'objectively pretty okay'.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The torrent of verbal abuse I want to unleash on you is so foul and disturbing that first I want to see if maybe I misinterpreted this and you aren't talking about Dustborn as 'objectively pretty okay'.
Why are people upset about a small indie game published by an offshoot arm of Quantic Dream that publishes other small indie titles?

Seems like the kind of game that appeals to people who like other similar indie bullshit. This isn't being pushed by some major studio or anything.

Do you people just stalk Steam to find games to hate? Don't answer that.

Anyway, someone tell me if Sins of a Solar Empire 2 is good. So far it's got a lot better reviews than Homeworld 3. 87% on Steam right now.

• 1NPC
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Anyway, someone tell me if Sins of a Solar Empire 2 is good. So far it's got a lot better reviews than Homeworld 3. 87% on Steam right now.
I'm still waiting for a bigger discount. It doesn't seem like a $40 game to me, when I know it'll likely be $25 in a few months.

Plus, I never thought the first one was as great as it was received. I thought it was very mediocre, even taking the context of its release date into account.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Why are people upset about a small indie game published by an offshoot arm of Quantic Dream that publishes other small indie titles?
Because the guy behind it all is Ragnar Tørnquist, who created the Longest Journey which was one of the best point-and-click adventure games of all time, and this is the shit that his cult-indoctrinated, TDS rotted mind is churning out now. And there's nothing "objectively pretty okay" about the gameplay I have seen of it.

I don't know how anyone can not mock a game made by a bunch of white Norwegians that opens with a song about the inevitability of invaders refugees completely replacing natives and how awesome that is, all the while pearl-clutching about who got elected 8 years ago in a country 4000 miles away.

• 6Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

Seems like the kind of game that appeals to people who like other similar indie bullshit. This isn't being pushed by some major studio or anything.

Do you people just stalk Steam to find games to hate? Don't answer that.

Why does anyone have an opinion on anything?
Why talk about it on a discussion board?
Why give a shit about anything enough to have an opinion in the first place?

Why?

Because.

Personally, I think Concord looks like a mediocre already-been-done Overwatch wannabe in an aesthetic meant to appeal to an audience that doesn't exist. However, I don't care for the genre so what do I know?
Dustborn looks like a parody except it's not and is supposed to be taken seriously which no one can because a) it's a video game b) that looks like a cartoon c) that looks like a choose your own dialogue rhythm game d) with terrible music e) a story filled with woke bullshit that gamers have mostly rejected and f) developed for an audience that doesn't game.

Both deserve mockery.

You deserve mockery for Gavinmaddening for Dustborn.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

I'm still waiting for a bigger discount. It doesn't seem like a $40 game to me, when I know it'll likely be $25 in a few months.

Plus, I never thought the first one was as great as it was received. I thought it was very mediocre, even taking the context of its release date into account.
The best thing about the first Sins of a Solar Empire was the giant Star Trek: Armada mod: Star Trek: Armada 3 mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

There is also a Star Wars mod that people seem to like, but never tried it. Supposedly the Star Trek mod is one of the best Star Trek "games" ever made, or some such (Star Trek mod for Stellaris is top notch as well). I played it 5+ years ago and thought it was good, but don't remember much more than that.

Caeden

Here’s the thing - do whatever reason I got inundated with shit for Dustbin. I can only think Skynet is still a few years out since AI can’t tell me following shit that mocks sjw from being sjw.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Dustborn looks like a parody except it's not and is supposed to be taken seriously
Is it? It's from tiny development studio that's published 3 games ever, none in the past 17 years, and is being published by some offshoot of Quantic Dream that's published 2 other tiny games.

• 1Picard
  • 1NPC
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is it? It's from tiny development studio that's published 3 games ever, none in the past 17 years, and is being published by some offshoot of Quantic Dream that's published 2 other tiny games.
What does the size of their studio and previous game count and who published it have to do with them making SJW trash that isn’t a parody of SJW trash?

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity