General Gaming News and Discussion

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So I stumbled across this and I'm not even gonna check if it's old news because..

What? And lol? And really? Theme Park + Mars Attacks? How does that even get made and who do I give my money to?

The answer is yes, take my money.

That aside i wish you faggots would stop calling games for anything other than them being shit games. We had shit games before the term sjw was a thing and we will have shit games after. You assholes pushing back is just making them make more not less. We stopped paying for shit games a decade ago and they are still making them with more gusto than ever. Unfortunately the game market doesnt respond like Marvel and they have no intention to reverse course.

Last edited:
  • 1Potato
  • 1WTF
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The answer is yes, and i wish you faggots would stop calling games for anything other than them being shit games. We had shit games before the term sjw was a thing and we will have shit games after. You assholes pushing back is just making them make more not less. We stopped paying for shit games a decade ago and they are still making them with more gusto than ever. Unfortunately the game market doesnt respond like Marvel and they have no intention to reverse course.
Did you respond to the wrong post? This seems like a bizarre response.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Did you respond to the wrong post? This seems like a bizarre response.
No only part was to him, the rest was for the thread. Every time you load a thread its sjw or DEI yada yada. Like we never had shit games and dumb looking characters before.

Yea.... what?!

Ayeeee edited it a bit!

• 2Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No only part was to him, the rest was for the thread. Every time you load a thread its sjw or DEI yada yada. Like we never had shit games and dumb looking characters before.

So you definitely quoted the wrong post then? Cool....

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So you definitely quoted the wrong post then? Cool....
No i quoted yours but then did a general statement on how dumb it is that you cant open a thread without someone crying sjw or DEI like we just started having bad games and dumb looking characters.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Xexx doing a great job of uniting the forum in being astonished at how much of an unintelligible retard he is.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well the edit finally makes sense 3 tries later.

Do better!!

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Well the edit finally makes sense 3 tries later.

Do better!!
I dont put effort into post on the internet! I have to have some where to decompress and just do word vomit. Its a shame thinking i am teaching the next generation.

• 3Faggotry

Burns

2024-08-26 01.06.48 rpgcodex.net 073984ebbcdb.png

18097.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yes, but now is the ongoing Gamergate 2, Internet Boogaloo. Where "gamer sites" give 8/10 on Black Myth Wukong, and 7/10 to Dustborn "because DEI".

• 3Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yes, but now is the ongoing Gamergate 2, Internet Boogaloo. Where "gamer sites" give 8/10 on Black Myth Wukong, and 7/10 to Dustborn "because DEI".
I think the gamer sites are raging into the void at this point, they thought that they had won Gamergate 1 by taking over the media and games companies with their ideology, but their own site readerships were decimated and foreign companies continued to make quality product.

Those 8/10 and 7/10 critic ratings where totally ignored and sales reflect the 10/10 and 0/10 ratings I imagine gamergaters would give.

I haven't read a gamer site in years, but my YouTube feed shows Asmongold and MoistCritical playing Wukong.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I haven't read a gamer site in years, but my YouTube feed shows Asmongold and MoistCritical playing Wukong.
A lot of the "journalists" were "those numbers are inflated because of china", but anyone on twitch or youtube could see the amount of streamers - and the audience.

It's not a 10/10, I'd say, because the gameplay is fairly limitative. Say, 9.5/10...

• 1Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
  • 2Like

Burns

No Pillars of Eternity 1, no Divinity: OS game, no Skyrim? But include Disco Elysium, fricking Colony Ship, Wizardry, Titan Outpost and Blackguards? FAIL
Morrowind is on there and Skyrim isn't possibly due to the vanilla game being shallow shit (but great with mods). Also, The Elder Scrolls series lost a lot of RPG Codex fans with the the dumbing down and all the bullshit lies by Todd and Pete with Oblivion.

I would agree that I liked PoE1 and Divinity OS 1/2 more than 1/4 of the games on the list (like Elden Ring, Battle Brothers, or even Shadowrun), when I played them on release, but it was a board survey of people that generally lean a specific way.

Also, while I love Jagged Alliance 2, I'm not sure I would consider it for a best RPG list.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
Some of my favorite RPGs aren't on many lists, and I wouldn't put them on any lists if I made my own. An objective person can separate the fact that they just really enjoy the char's/story from the fact that the gameplay isn't as good as some of the others.

Morrowind has some pretty terrible gameplay from today's perspective. But at the time it let you do pretty awesome things and felt really cool. To bad bethesda seems to have completely fallen asleep at the wheel and stayed stuck in that spot. It still worked back during skyrim... but today.. ES6 is gonna be BAD.

• 1Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I think for this type of list you have to look at the games that had a large impact on the overall CRPG meta at the time. Certainly I am no particular fan of the Divinity: OS games, but compared to many games on that list, and certainly to the first Divinity game (Divine divinity, which was a fairly forgettable and non-impactful game even for its time, vastly overshadowed by Morrowind and Icewind dale 2 releases at the same time) they were far more forceful on the CRPG market and the CRPG meta. Same thing with Pillars of eternity 1, which had the mission of revitalizing the western CRPG market which had gone downhill, which it kinda succeeded at, and also gave a big proof of concept to the crowdfunding phenomenom which was emerging at the time.

Speaking of which... whatever happened to crowdfunding? seems I never hear about it these days.