General Gaming News and Discussion

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
1725697233901.png

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I grew up with a Commodore 64. For a while, the only games I would get were the ones I typed in from 6 pages of pure machine code from COMPUTE magazine(below).

My grandmother was the only non-poors, she would be the peripheral and game buyer so when a salesman talked her out of the 1541 Disk Drive because it was 'just for word processing', it was the first time I thought about murder as a child :p

Saving up as a kid for a Genesis definitely taught me to respect money a lot.

machine-code.jpg

I recognize that game! It's Load Runner!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Its not that they didnt know how to make those characters look good/sexy - its that they purposefully set out to make those characters look that way. I feel sorry for the people that are just coding, because they apparently did a good job. But the art, design and management all need to go live out in the country and touch grass.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
problem was clearly female led design, and the real lesson that needs to be learned from this 300 million dollar whoopsie is women should never, ever, ever be in charge of making video games.

We all know the psychology here, lego did a famous study we're all familiar with: men want to embody and play as characters, women want to insert themselves as the characters.

so when a room full of womyn/DEI/Trannies/Soyboys insert themselves into the game and character design so that they feel "represented" in the game, no man will want to play it. Males want to be Batman or Master Chief or UltraMarines we don't wanna be some tub of lard DEI tranny.

This game can only sell to womyn/trannies/soyboys and that audience does not exist.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
We all know the psychology here, lego did a famous study we're all familiar with
"Social sciences are irreproducible bullshit, except for the findings that confirm my biases."

Seriously, science has nothing on why this game was bad. It was just bad, and the marketing was worse because they probably knew they had a bad product and didn't want to double the loss by sinking marketing money into it.

A bad product got launched with bad marketing into a crowded field, with no differentiator other than how bad it was. Using it as an example to confirm pet "theories" is stupid. That no one said "this is garbage, we should pivot" earlier in the process is an yet another example of bad product management.

• 4Picard
  • 2Dislike
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 6 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
"Social sciences are irreproducible bullshit, except for the findings that confirm my biases."

Seriously, science has nothing on why this game was bad. It was just bad, and the marketing was worse because they probably knew they had a bad product and didn't want to double the loss by sinking marketing money into it.

A bad product got launched with bad marketing into a crowded field, with no differentiator other than how bad it was. Using it as an example to confirm pet "theories" is stupid. That no one said "this is garbage, we should pivot" earlier in the process is an yet another example of bad product management.
despite all the hate and ridicule you get on the forum for LARPing as a woman, you always prove to me that you really are female. Judging by your visceral reaction i'm guessing a 300+ lb female but female nonetheless.

Yet another female trait, women are incapable of discerning statistical realities from personal biases. You are almost as bad as blacks and Sir Capita.

"Women designed all these characters to represent themselves, and Men won't play a game with characterizations based on DEI tranny tub of lards"

"Despite the fact that that statement has been proven correct in dozens of studies and is obvious throughout all of modern society, I want to disagree because I am a woman and therefore do not understand why men do or do not do the things they do."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
despite all the hate and ridicule you get on the forum for LARPing as a woman, you always prove to me that you really are female. Judging by your visceral reaction i'm guessing a 300+ lb female but female nonetheless.

Yet another female trait, women are incapable of discerning statistical realities from personal biases. You are almost as bad as blacks and Sir Capita.

"Women designed all these characters to represent themselves, and Men won't play a game with characterizations based on DEI tranny tub of lards"

"Despite the fact that that statement has been proven correct in dozens of studies and is obvious throughout all of modern society, I want to disagree because I am a woman and therefore do not understand why men do or do not do the things they do."
My point is that software products fail all the time. Every day. Because they're bad, product market fit is off, launch timing is off, etc. But when it's a video game, it's suddenly some vast political maneuvering that caused it, because you people can't get a fucking life and have no understanding of reality.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Or you know you could admit that you are a woman and have no clue how the male mind thinks and what we identify with.

All of game "journalism" is captured, game has nothing but stellar/outstanding reviews, it wasn't out long enough for negative experiences to have spread in non-traditional channels (ie word of mouth), it had tons of fucking marketing, like 200% saturation vs other games, say compared to say Black Myth Wukong which gets non-stop hate and criticism from the gaming "press" despite selling 18 million copies.

The problem isn't that the game was bad, bad launch timing, launched into a crowded market, etc etc bullshit excuses you wanna make for the game.

The problem is MEN DID NOT BUY IT. We don't even know that it was bad because we didn't buy it, we never played it. We took 1 look at the character models and noped the fuck out of it. We didn't even know it was an arena shooter. We wrote it off without a seconds thought because in the very real, very primal caveman brain of ours which says "we don't identify with any of this shit, I don't wanna run around as a tub of lard"

This game sold less copies than Asheron's Call 2 did.

Honestly the game could have been the best thing since sliced bread and we never would have known and the game would of failed just as quickly and got deleted in the same 2 weeks with full refunds, men were never going to fucking play it and any fucking game studios that puts women in charge of anything, especially character models, deserve to fail just as fucking hard and just as fucking fast.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The problem is MEN DID NOT BUY IT.
Nobody bought it lol. It shouldn't have had a box price, no one should have had to buy it.

You think it failed because of something specifically to do with "men" and not every other overriding factor that was wrong with it.

If someone made a hero shooter that was somehow mostly aimed at women, who knows, it might do well? It would at least be a differentiator in a crowded market. (For instance, I only ever hear of women playing Dead by Daylight. I know zero men who play that game.)

This was aimed at nobody. It was very fucking bad on many levels, where you're just focused on one.