General Gaming News and Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Agreed, my advice to the industry:

HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO MAKE A 40K LOOTER SHOOTER LIVE SERVICE GAME

JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE THIS ISNT ROCKET SURGERY
If you told me 20 years ago that you were from the future and Blizzard never made a Starcraft MMO I would have kicked you in the face and called you a liar.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Agreed, my advice to the industry:

HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO MAKE A 40K LOOTER SHOOTER LIVE SERVICE GAME

JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE THIS ISNT ROCKET SURGERY
Pretty fucking hard actually. Since most if not all the looter shooters ever made have failed or slowly dying.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If you told me 20 years ago that you were from the future and Blizzard never made a Starcraft MMO I would have kicked you in the face and called you a liar.

See sometimes you have extremely correct opinions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
To be honest that's pretty close to the concept art, just simpler.

The problem is they competed against overwatch after overwatch seated itself as the king YEARS ago. A game that's free to play.now.
The helmet:

1725889582166.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah no shit, like I said, pretty hard to make and even harder to keep churning out content for.

I dunno, it's not if you just do things that people like instead of things you like. Maybe don't put burger king skins in your 48th release of CoD? Maybe don't make Lizzo your main character? Maybe make satisfying gun play that viscerally connects to the masculine mind? IDK just thinking out loud here.

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
coming in as a complete shock to no one, the lead character artist for Concord is a woman who hates male gamers?

Here's the thing I said everything I said without having done a single second of research on the company behind this game. I was just waiting for someone to come around and call me out, point out they were designed by men. So confident was I in my assumption that this couldn't have been done by anyone with >100 testosterone count that I went all in without a second's hesitation.

If it had been designed by an all-star cast of the best game designers of the last few decades I would of sat here with egg on my face.

But that was never going to happen because it was self-evident that this was clearly designed by man hating feminists, trannies, and DEI faggots.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
coming in as a complete shock to no one, the lead character artist for Concord is a woman who hates male gamers?

Here's the thing I said everything I said without having done a single second of research on the company behind this game. I was just waiting for someone to come around and call me out, point out they were designed by men. So confident was I in my assumption that this couldn't have been done by anyone with >100 testosterone count that I went all in without a second's hesitation.

If it had been designed by an all-star cast of the best game designers of the last few decades I would of sat here with egg on my face.

But that was never going to happen because it was self-evident that this was clearly designed by man hating feminists, trannies, and DEI faggots.
whats worse is you find out that the reason this game was made was b/c sony wanted no more over sexualization in their games and cancelled something called

senran kagura (this would have been like part 3)

what is this series?
z9953dv4agh51.png

just a fighting game w/ big anime tiddies and has sold 1.6m, obviously the market wants this, no one wants big fat black trannys

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
whats worse is you find out that the reason this game was made was b/c sony wanted no more over sexualization in their games and cancelled something called

senran kagura (this would have been like part 3)

what is this series?
z9953dv4agh51.png

just a fighting game w/ big anime tiddies and has sold 1.6m, obviously the market wants this, no one wants big fat black trannys
Hell no, they dont want it. And lets be real here, no doubt there is women gamers, sure, but they are a tiny minority, especially for these types of games, like shooters, fighters, even RPG. And LBGBBQ people are even less. So why pander to any of this demographic, especially in a genre like shooter or fighters or whatever?

Inclusion is killing these games. Not because its being inclusive and koomba-ya, but anytime I see shit like this now its an auto turn off, auto nope for me, at least. The game has to be BG3 quality for me to even think about buying it.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hell no, they dont want it. And lets be real here, no doubt there is women gamers, sure, but they are a tiny minority, especially for these types of games, like shooters, fighters, even RPG. And LBGBBQ people are even less. So why pander to any of this demographic, especially in a genre like shooter or fighters or whatever?

Inclusion is killing these games. Not because its being inclusive and koomba-ya, but anytime I see shit like this now its an auto turn off, auto nope for me, at least. The game has to be BG3 quality for me to even think about buying it.
i'll go back to last of us, when it came out, it was great, wife and i took turns played and loved the story

this sounds like a normal thing, no?

tlou2 they make joel an inept father, they rape him and then youre supposed to play the blond tranny. my wife said hell no, i'm not playing this shit, but you are cuz i wanna see the story.

as i played thru, she was like, wth is this shit? and became disinterested

then i ask her, you wanna see the tv show? and she watches the trailer and goes

"why the hell is ellie so ugly?"

i only watched the faggot episode for the lulz

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did anyone share this yet?

Random hispanic guy apparently programming in finance applies some very basic design principles and makes the characters much better.

It's social engineering.

It's becoming increasingly more obvious that they know there is no "modern" audience and they are trying to apply pressure to the actual audience to make them "modern".

Like they think that you can turn an average gamer boy gay if the games are full of fat black lesbian trannies. These activist designers will be trying to use their experience to get character design jobs at Fortnite and do this again. This actually happened to FF14, they picked up some woke cancer writers who ruined the new expansion.

Actual nerd girls are into waifu/husbando gatcha games with appealing characters.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The woke mind virus folks. Lets hope this shit end soon, especially on the backs of lost money and fails like the above. Like how are any of these people in the industry after leaving a steaming pile of shit like this? I fuck up in my job at 1/100 the level they did and im fucking gone. Yet these people linger in the industry with no repercussions.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i doubt its a top down thing, the sony guys just say "make our own version of fortnite" and then go off and do hookers and coke for the next 4 years

the mid managers don't know how to make fortnite except copy it, so they start doing that. then some 25 year old recent college retard says that blacks and fat people and teh gayz are underrepresented in gaming so to be different from overwatch and fortnite they should have that as their main characters, and the middle managers are too stressed out about their son timmy declaring he is now a girl and their daughter saying she won't go to college because she makes more money than him on OnlyFans, so he approves it all and drinks himself to sleep every night, wishing he took a job at Apple instead.

we are actually fortunate that there has been such a massive, massive failure like Concord (Dustborn is similar but no one gives a shit since its indie) because it suddenly woke up the people at the top to "wait who the fuck is designing these games?" They literally wouldn't know Aloy from Kratos otherwise and just see it all as money.

That combined with the success of Hogwarts Legacy and Black Myth Wukong and Helldivers 2 I think will finally cut through the bullshit of "TLOU2 is great! Hades is a best seller! People love fat ugly black gay women!" and go back to anime titty waifus sell games.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
i doubt its a top down thing, the sony guys just say "make our own version of fortnite" and then go off and do hookers and coke for the next 4 years

the mid managers don't know how to make fortnite except copy it, so they start doing that. then some 25 year old recent college retard says that blacks and fat people and teh gayz are underrepresented in gaming so to be different from overwatch and fortnite they should have that as their main characters, and the middle managers are too stressed out about their son timmy declaring he is now a girl and their daughter saying she won't go to college because she makes more money than him on OnlyFans, so he approves it all and drinks himself to sleep every night, wishing he took a job at Apple instead.

we are actually fortunate that there has been such a massive, massive failure like Concord (Dustborn is similar but no one gives a shit since its indie) because it suddenly woke up the people at the top to "wait who the fuck is designing these games?" They literally wouldn't know Aloy from Kratos otherwise and just see it all as money.

That combined with the success of Hogwarts Legacy and Black Myth Wukong and Helldivers 2 I think will finally cut through the bullshit of "TLOU2 is great! Hades is a best seller! People love fat ugly black gay women!" and go back to anime titty waifus sell games.
I wouldn't give Hogwarts legacy a pass, that game sucked dick

• 1Pathetic

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I dunno. Haven't heard of a single layoff coming out of Firewalk studios yet. Every day they aren't shuttered is another day nobody at the top cares about making profit and only cares about The Message (tm) and expanding to a Modern Audience.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dunno. Haven't heard of a single layoff coming out of Firewalk studios yet. Every day they aren't shuttered is another day nobody at the top cares about making profit and only cares about The Message (tm) and expanding to a Modern Audience.
I can guarantee you someone cares about the moneys. Its too soon yet, but Im betting Firewalk will soon get their walking papers.