General Gaming News and Discussion

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Without a citation I'm pretty sure that's pure fantasy. Most of Sony Santa Monica was fired back in 2014 when the new IP they were working on after GoW 3 was cancelled, I can't find any separate reference to a mass resignation between then and now.
It's at least partly true. Nathan Gary (president) and Deborah Mars (division head) both left Sony SM to found Annapurna Interactive, mostly because of Sony dropping Edith Finch.

I don't really think this was a "bold move" though. Gary was negotiating with Megan Ellison to spin Annapurna Interactive off into a separate company and it fell through, so he left and took everyone else with him. There's almost certainly going to be an announcement soon about the new publishing studio he is founding with all the same people. Probably a bit riskier, since they won't have the games that were already signed to Annapurna, but it's not a whole lot different from any other 'bunch of people left XYZ to form their own studio" story. In this case it was every single person that left, but it was only like two dozen people in total.

Siliconemelons

Should buy this little piece of game history.

Haven’t seen that mentioned yet.

All the “concord was just some little game…” copium is kinda out the window with that… they dont do controller tie ins just for games that are small no one knows about etc… this was indeed expected to be a big hit

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Damn, that's a cool looking controller. Has kind of a retro Atari throwback vibe going.

They probably should have put some effort into making the game actually have any personality at all.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Game may have been poop, but that is a pretty nice looking controller. Like was mentioned, has an Atari/80s feel to it.

• 1Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This one looks just slightly less gay than Concord. But not enough to actually make money.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This one looks just slightly less gay than Concord. But not enough to actually make money.
It might given the Destiny playerbase. Though, paying for a pvp experience seems like a no win situation, imo.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user