General Gaming News and Discussion

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
There's a segment about 18 minutes in that goes through everyone that's left Blizzard. STOP GIVING THESE FUCKS MONEY. I tend to think Kaplan was way more responsible for WoW than Alex Afrasiabi, but I'd rather Alex play grabass with a 1000 interns and buy that game than the goyslop that Blizzard is churning out now. This isn't Blizzard.

I’d rather the brand just die at that point. Hopefully no female in your family has to go through that level of stupid just so you can play a video game.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
There's a segment about 18 minutes in that goes through everyone that's left Blizzard. STOP GIVING THESE FUCKS MONEY. I tend to think Kaplan was way more responsible for WoW than Alex Afrasiabi, but I'd rather Alex play grabass with a 1000 interns and buy that game than the goyslop that Blizzard is churning out now. This isn't Blizzard.

Man all of these "analysis of what killed blizzard" videos just blather about different monetization complaints and "bad communication" while avoiding the real issues: wearing out the old brands with the only innovation being to make them more woke and shitting on the source material. the same as in new movies, new TV series, and other games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Man all of these "analysis of what killed blizzard" videos just blather about different monetization complaints and "bad communication" while avoiding the real issues: wearing out the old brands with the only innovation being to make them more woke and shitting on the source material. the same as in new movies, new TV series, and other games.
I think there's two stories that dovetail: what caused the initial cracks in the dam to form (bad management and those initial failed products) and then the shifting state religion tends to take care of the rest by replacing competent white men whenever the opportunity arises.

Chris

Potato del Grande
WoW reinforced the slow development cycle. Games didn't need to come out so they didn't.

This led to the staff who knew what they were doing for RTS and ARPG leaving. WoW also lost it's staff due to the sheer attrition of the time it's been out.

Meanwhile the staff who stayed started spending the money on nonsense like the Alliance/Horde themed motorcycle show, Activision's money grubbing clashed with this and they left too.

Now there's no Blizzard and the diversity hires are struggling to keep up.