Girls who broke your heart thread

I think there"s some truth in what both of you are saying. Yes you want someone with their own life but it doesn"t mean that you won"t need sometimes to put in that extra effort to make it work. Is long distance coordinating schedules of you"re both busy etc.

As with most thing a balanced approach is best. If neither of you ate interested in moving heaven and earth on occasion its generally a sign that neither is willing to work through any other kind of real difficulty either (money, family, etc). Or to really compromise.

Compromise doesn"t mean giving up who you are (well I guess that"s the Republican definition - compromise is the evil)...it means finding a workable solution etc etc.

Chris

Potato del Grande
When you meet a woman for the first time, or the first few times, how do you act differently so that she becomes interested in you and not friendzone?

I just be myself and tend to get on well with people but that is as far as it goes?

intelnavi_foh

shitlord
Chris said:
When you meet a woman for the first time, or the first few times, how do you act differently so that she becomes interested in you and not friendzone?

I just be myself and tend to get on well with people but that is as far as it goes?
Don"t show interest in them or if you do, let them know it"s romantic interest. Backhanded compliments, be confident, etc.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Maybe girls aren"t really your thing, Eomer?

They"re not for everyone.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Chris said:

In my experience, it"s not about acting differently. It"s making it clear that you"re interested in being more than just friends. There are a few ways to do this, but the most obvious is to be direct about it. Ask her out for something specific that cannot be misinterpreted as anything other than a date (i.e not "let"s meet up sometime").

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
intelnavi said:
be confident
Number 1 thing right here. There"s a fine line between confidence and arrogance, however. Many guys tend to cross said line, because they don"t haverealconfidence, so it ends up coming off as arrogance. You can "fake it until you make it" a little bit, but if you overdo it, you"re going to come off as an arrogant prick. You really need a woman to sell herself toyou. Too often guys try and sell themselves to women: "Look at this car I drive!" "Look at how rich I am", etc. That isn"t how you should approach it. You need the woman to convince herself that she"s right foryou, rather than you trying to convinceher, that you"re right for her(I hope that makes sense).

Darus Grey_foh

shitlord
McCheese said:
In my experience, it"s not about acting differently. It"s making it clear that you"re interested in being more than just friends. There are a few ways to do this, but the most obvious is to be direct about it. Ask her out for something specific that cannot be misinterpreted as anything other than a date (i.e not "let"s meet up sometime").
Agreed, and I"ve said it before, but if you ever do get friend-zoned anyways, just be clear and direct with some variation of, "I don"t need more friends in my life atm, I didn"t ask you out to be your friend". Just make sure it doesn"t come off whiny.

That pretty much forces a confrontation on the friend/fuck ladder, so if you ever had a chance of being on the fuck side, she has to decide in the moment, and since humans are psychology loss-averse, there"s a higher chance she"ll decide she doesn"t want you out of her life just yet and make that leap. If she doesn"t...there was no way i was ever going to happen regardless, and you can move on.

Number 1 thing right here. There"s a fine line between confidence and arrogance, however. Many guys tend to cross said line, because they don"t have realconfidence, so it ends up coming off as arrogance. You can "fake it until you make it" a little bit, but if you overdo it, you"re going to come off as an arrogant prick. You really need a woman to sell herself to you. Too often guys try and sell themselves to women: "Look at this car I drive!" "Look at how rich I am", etc. That isn"t how you should approach it. You need the woman to convince herself that she"s right for you, rather than you trying to convince her, that you"re right for her(I hope that makes sense).
This as well, though I actually think it"s more of a balanced approach than just making her sell herself to you.

"Sunk Cost" no matter how dumb it is, is a very real, very strong cognitive biases in people. Relationships simply cannot be one sided, each person has to bring something to the table, and if they don"t, you run into moral hazard kind of situations(the classic "nice guy" who never gets loved or laid), because if she doesn"t have to make any sacrifices for YOU, then she is not invested in the relationship.

One thing I like to do to reinforce this bias, is once you know you"re going out more than once, is instead of always going dutch, to actually trade off paying for each others meals/tickets/whatever.

Making her open her purse to pay for your whatever, will stick with her(and you consequently, so be careful, you"re biasing yourself as well!) more because the value of each transaction will be larger, and when she mentally tallies it, she"ll think she has invested and sunk more cost into you than she really has, since it"ll still be 50/50ish.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Filling this out from my phone, in bed, next to my sleeping girlfriend.

I"ve decided to move in with her. It might seem quick, but I do think I can spend the rest of my life with this woman.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Antarius said:
Filling this out from my phone, in bed, next to my sleeping girlfriend.

I"ve decided to move in with her. It might seem quick, but I do think I can spend the rest of my life with this woman.
After 2 months?

I dropped the L word to the girlfriend Saturday night, she very quickly reciprocated. We"ve been dating since April.

Slow your roll Ant.

boom 11,000

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
We had just undressed and I was holding her from behind naked right before getting into bed. So it was a couple minutes before banging I guess.

And just to prove how awesome she is. Earlier that day I fell down the stairs to my basement, feet came out in front of me and I landed ass first and bounced down four steps. Hurt like fuck and I have a massive bruise on my left buttcheek.

When I told her she said a clothes hanger would"ve been easier then throwing myself down stairs. That gents, is a keeper.

Kilivek_foh

shitlord
Darus Grey said:
"Sunk Cost" [...] each person has to bring something to the table [...] not invested [...] she"ll think she has invested and sunk more cost into you than she really has, since it"ll still be 50/50ish.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thanks for advice, keep it coming I"m really trying to act on what I"ve been reading here past few months.

She text me today asking how my job is going and what new job she got, I waited a few hours to text back then after that I got another with more details about what she is upto with work...

Normally I would text back "oh wow that"s great, let"s meet up soon?" but I"m guessing that"s bad. I really am clueless, where do I take it from here?

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
brekk said:
And just to prove how awesome she is. Earlier that day I fell down the stairs to my basement, feet came out in front of me and I landed ass first and bounced down four steps. Hurt like fuck and I have a massive bruise on my left buttcheek.

When I told her she said a clothes hanger would"ve been easier then throwing myself down stairs. That gents, is a keeper.
I was laying in bed (nap time, not sexy time) with mine a couple years after we got married. I rolled over and accidentally elbowed her pretty much square in the eye. I apologized, we laughed, and she said "That"s okay, if anyone at work asks, I"ll just tell them I wasn"t listening again."

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Big Picasso said:
I like to be fucking for the first I love you
Yeah, same here. It"s usually in drunken first-attempts at getting her to do anal.

"...but I love you!!"