Girls who broke your heart thread

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Tenks said:
My best friend, however, is the exact same way as a girl. Where he feels if he isn"t in a relationship his life is meaningless and he"s a complete failure. I"m pretty sure if you"re not happy being single then you"re not very happy with yourself. If you"re not happy with yourself then how do you expect someone else to really be happy with you?
I"ve got a friend thats like that. If he"s single he"s miserable and a shitty friend. He bases his self worth on who he"s dating, or if he"s dating at all. It"s irritating as fuck.

By the way, thank you for whoever posted the Ok Cupid link a bunch of pages back. I signed up on a whim and I"ve been talking to a rather beautiful chick for the passed week. She might even be normal.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it is pretty amusing how some people absolutely MUST be in a relationship at all times to feel like a valid human being. Equally amusing are the ones that dive in to relationships with both feet and think they are madly in love within a couple weeks. Wasn"t there a study that showed the initial "puppy love" phase of a relationship typically lasted a couple months at most, and that people in that phase are damn near insane? To me that"s not really love, but infatuation or perhaps lust. Love comes after that stage, where you"re still with that person even after they"re no longer shiny and new, and still want to spend every second with them.

Going back to my current thing, the first night we hooked up we were chatting and she made a comment that one of her friends was a dumbass because she got engaged after "only" 9 months of dating. That was a good thing to hear, from my perspective. I don"t think 9 months is particularly short myself (to me a year or two would be fairly normal for people in their 20"s), but I"m glad to know she"s not looking for a ring immediately.

And seriously, fuck text messages. She was supposed to come by after her youth group (lol) last night, and we texted back and forth and things didn"t work out because it was too late. But today chatting on facebook we discovered that our fucking text messages were being delayed anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes. My dick did not get wet because of you, fucking texts. If I had known at the time that shit was getting delayed, I"d have just called, but I just assumed she was busy or whatever and didn"t want to call and be all like "why didn"t you respond to my message in 5 seconds?" Turns out we both were responding immediately, but the messages were disappearing in to the ether for no good reason.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Eomer said:
And seriously, fuck text messages. She was supposed to come by after her youth group (lol) last night, and we texted back and forth and things didn"t work out because it was too late. But today chatting on facebook we discovered that our fucking text messages were being delayed anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes. My dick did not get wet because of you, fucking texts. If I had known at the time that shit was getting delayed, I"d have just called, but I just assumed she was busy or whatever and didn"t want to call and be all like "why didn"t you respond to my message in 5 seconds?" Turns out we both were responding immediately, but the messages were disappearing in to the ether for no good reason.
Word, this shit happens too much.

Need a revolt!

Fazin_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
(Paranoia incoming) I"ve often wondered if cell companies do this on purpose to limit the amount people send texts who are on unlimited text plans. I mean, there"s no real good reason why 1-5kb takes anything over 5 minutes to send. Definitely probably a good reason, but I haven"t read any decent articles which explain it.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Texts really are a goldmine for cell companies. The amount of data over their network for a single text that costs .15-.25 (if you don"t have a plan) pales in comparison to the amount of data a minute of a voice call would, yet they"re charging about the same for either. What a joke.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i"ve got verizon and it never takes more than 20 seconds or so for a text to deliver, it tells you when its been received by the other party if they have verizon.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Eomer said:
Texts really are a goldmine for cell companies. The amount of data over their network for a single text that costs .15-.25 (if you don"t have a plan) pales in comparison to the amount of data a minute of a voice call would, yet they"re charging about the same for either. What a joke.
Not only that, but also texts don"t have to be delivered in "real time." They can be delayed by a few seconds, etc, and the other party will never even know. So the cell companies can pump the text messages through the "pipes" at their leisure, so it probably costs them even less than we can even imagine!

Texts are, as you said, a huge, ridiculous rip-off!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Texts are fun for flirting and shit but if you want her to come over to hang out (read: fuck) and are going to go crazy because she didn"t respond, just call her.

I have a friend who NEVER uses his cell phone to call. Right now he is at 8200+ text messages and his plan ends in 10 days. We told him if he could get to 10k we would buy him dinner and make fun of him the entire time. But he texts like rabbits fuck; fast and all the time. He is always on it when we go out.

Anyways, when in doubt, pick up the phone and call. Don"t rely on texts because they can make you paranoid.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
OKCupid is a gold mine. Made an account couple of days ago. The site shows anyone who"s looked at your profile, has multiple ways to match you with people, and really pushes you to message new people everyday. You"re profile actually gets stuck at 40% complete until you message 5 new people. Its like WoW achievements for e-whoring.

Had a good talk with a WoW chick couple nights ago.

Talked to another chick for like 4 hrs last night got her #. And then IM"ed most of today, ended up cybering earlier this afternoon.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
brekk said:
OKCupid is a gold mine. Made an account couple of days ago. The site shows anyone who"s looked at your profile, has multiple ways to match you with people, and really pushes you to message new people everyday. You"re profile actually gets stuck at 40% complete until you message 5 new people. Its like WoW achievements for e-whoring.

Talked to another chick for like 4 hrs last night got her #. And then IM"ed most of today, ended up cybering earlier this afternoon.
I did that for a week than decided it was a bad plan and deleted my account.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
heh, was going through profiles that had looked at mine on PoF and found this gem:uknowuthinkimsexy1784 honest caring and kind men

Hi im on here looking for the right man if thats u and your not into to cheating lieing or smooth talking then message me i will be interested to get to know ualso im am pregnant if thats not a problemlooking forward to hearing from u soon
rofl, she even has "doesn"t want children" selected. I"m assuming she"s looking for a nice, honest, and caring man to throw her down a flight of stairs or two?

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Eomer said:
heh, was going through profiles that had looked at mine on PoF and found this gem:uknowuthinkimsexy1784 honest caring and kind men

rofl, she even has "doesn"t want children" selected. I"m assuming she"s looking for a nice, honest, and caring man to throw her down a flight of stairs or two?
Age 24
Gender Woman
Body Type Big & Tall/BBW
Profession stay at home mom
Smarts N/A

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
brekk said:

If you ever refer to me being slightly pathetic I"m quoting this shit. I can"t believe people still cyber??

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
aychamo_aycono said:
If you ever refer to me being slightly pathetic I"m quoting this shit. I can"t believe people still cyber??
whatevs, just sorta happened while talking.

I was just trying to give an example of how whore"ish some of the girls on these sites are. Known her less then 20 hours and she was willing to go that far.

All you gotta do is be over the top with suggestive flirting and act like you"re hot shit. Basically the same way I act online in MMO"s.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah back in beginning of wow, i got this chick that was living with her bf to cheat, webcam and phone sex, was pretty crazy. really opened up my eyes on how slutty some chicks can be online if u give them the attention, dropped her pretty quickly after the first few times.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
brekk said:
whatevs, just sorta happened while talking.

I was just trying to give an example of how whore"ish some of the girls on these sites are. Known her less then 20 hours and she was willing to go that far.

All you gotta do is be over the top with suggestive flirting and act like you"re hot shit. Basically the same way I act online in MMO"s.
It was probably a guy.