Brienne > Loras
_Loras > Mountain
__Mountain > Red Viper

_Loras > Jaimie
__Jaimie > Ned Stark

etc etc

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you read the books, the one complaint that would probably stand out beyond anything else is how the show is treating Littlefinger. The character on the tv show isnotthe same guy in the books. That scene with Sansa/Shae, he tells her outright that he's going to take her home, one of the major revelations at the end of Storm of Swords after Dontos smuggles her out of Kings Landing.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Jaime Lannister?
Nope Ned, Jamie, Robert, Jorah both give the best swordman speech in favor of Barriston.

Hound and his brother the mountain are good but not great.

Most underated is bronn. If I really cared I drop a bunch of spoilers but don't feel like making the tags .

Brienne is beast but Jamie knows he can best her.

But Martin gives Jamie the one of the best if not the best ever in speech so there is room for aguement.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was thinking DBZ math myself.

Brienne > Loras
_Loras > Mountain
__Mountain > Red Viper

_Loras > Jaimie
__Jaimie > Ned Stark

etc etc
How many forms can Brienne manifest herself into?

how many levels of super-Lannister can Jamie achieve?

Cybsled

These complaints are like someone browsing beautiful models on the internet and finding "knees too sharp" issues with them.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you read the books, the one complaint that would probably stand out beyond anything else is how the show is treating Littlefinger. The character on the tv show isnotthe same guy in the books. That scene with Sansa/Shae, he tells her outright that he's going to take her home, one of the major revelations at the end of Storm of Swords after Dontos smuggles her out of Kings Landing.
I thought that was strange as well...not so much that they changed it in that way for the TV show, but that they actually had the seen where Sansa "saves" Dontos from Joffery's full wrath so he can live on as a fool. I figured if they cared enough to put him in that scene they'd have him be the one to initiate the plot to get her out. Perhaps they'll still do that, just have him be Littlefinger's expendable agent. It's possible that would play better in a TV show to know ahead of time that Littlefinger is pulling these strings rather than us have to sit through the "drunken hero Florian" thing Dontos represents for Sansa.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Everyone universally agrees Barristan is godly. There's no arguing it. Everyone worth a damn agrees. He's most likely to end up as one of the legends(for fighters/knights).

Mountain/Hound are both great fighters but it's mostly due to their size and monstrous strength. Some of the well known fighters could likely beat them(50/50 chance really). Their immense size/stature is usually what causes the most fear with less experience fighters which gives them a huge advantage(and their awful brutality). Barristan would likely destroy them even with their size/strength advantage.

Robert was also known for his monstrous strength with a mace(doubtful to the levels of the mountain though). Ned is also great but likely because he has a ton of experience(and not necessarily truly gifted, just really good).

Jaime was generally considered the best fighter at the moment by people who would likely be biased(he's was without a doubt very VERY good though). Jaime was honestly very gifted and very good, and even he admits Barristan would have beat him iirc.

The kings guard USED to be something to be respected and feared(as evident at the Tower of Joy when even out numbered they nearly won). But yeah currently the kings guard is more of a political favor for the position. That was a huge mistake on Cerseis part.

Everyone else really is just good or really good. But nothing super special or unique.

Whoever made the comment about Barristan being as good as he is even without valyrian steel is dead on. He's using heavier weaponry that's way less sharp and still shits on people. This isn't even a debate, it's just a fact of that world.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Most underated is bronn. If I really cared I drop a bunch of spoilers but don't feel like making the tags .
He's just an unknown. All the other people mentioned come from somewhere. He's a survivor, and will probably be one of the only characters to get through ASoIAF start to finish and not be dead or mutilated, and much better off than where he started. Plus his show character is #1 best.

Only the good shows seem like an hour is only 15 minutes. When the screen went to black, my initial thought was that I furious that HBO opened with an episode that only went 15 minutes. Then I looked and saw they went the full hour.

Only Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men and Breaking Bad give me this same feeling. I sat on the edge of my sofa the whole episode last night.

This was the first episode of Game of Thrones for you?
No watched each episode as they aired since it began , but the apperance of the giant and the dragons growing is what is making me more excited along with last seasons finale. When the show 1st started , thought it would be about fighting for the Iron Throne and maybe some undead mixed in. But as it progressed it just get more awesome when more things come into play. Which is giving me a weird boner right now talking about it.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought season 4 was already confirmed anyway? Didnt they say they would split book three across two seasons?

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
Lettuce be cereal: The two best sword fighters are Renly and Loras.
Hah. Speaking of Valyrian steel. If that shit is so rare, and the blades so awesome, how come they aren't stolen more often? Hell, sword dude can't wear it all the time, especially if they are banging whores. Or like last night, Jon gets taken by wildling army, hell, first tax he should have is giving his Valyrian dire wolf blade to the cause to prove his loyalty. They didn't even bat an eyelash at his blade.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Stealing something so rare and obvious is a cause for war Id imagine. Not to mention they aren't lying around waiting to be stolen.

Thorbadin

Trakanon Raider
I don't remember the name off-hand, but the Axe guy from dorne seem to be described by Martin as someone of incredible skills.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought season 4 was already confirmed anyway? Didnt they say they would split book three across two seasons?
Book 3 was (is) confirmed to be split across two seasons... I don't think it was a certainty that they would do a fourth season until now.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Robert was also known for his monstrous strength with a mace(doubtful to the levels of the mountain though). Ned is also great but likely because he has a ton of experience(and not necessarily truly gifted, just really good).
Robert encaved Rhaegar's chest with one blow, he's probably easily on the same level as the Mountain as far as strength goes. Or was in his prime.

What we really need is GoT trading cards with stats, then we can argue from authority!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
All joking aside Loras is/was a great and cunning warrior. You would think he's used to hot liquid splashing on his head but alas he wasnt a cum err oil-dodger

Szlia

It's nice to have Ciar?n Hinds as Mance Rayder. The only drawback is that the nature of his character makes him unlikely to have some good scenes with some of the other acting heavyweights on the show. I mean, if you put him in the same room as Charles Dance, you better have firefighters nearby!