Gravy's Cooking Thread

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So the roast turned out amazing. I had some gravy available but only one person used it. This is the "crust" I went with when searing it. Just mix all that up into a paste and smear it all over and sear in a pan for a minute or two on all sides.

1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp ground chile powder
1 tsp tumeric
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil

The roasts I bathed for 27 hours at 135 and I had 4 of them at around 2-3 pounds each. I pulled one out the afternoon before for lunch and testing. I did half at a broil for 15 minutes and half with the method above. I kind of liked the broil better but it was bland and a tiny tiny bit dry. The cats enjoyed the slices I cut for them off that though. The other half was way too flavorful for them. Snooty cats with no palate.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
So the roast turned out amazing. I had some gravy available but only one person used it. This is the "crust" I went with when searing it. Just mix all that up into a paste and smear it all over and sear in a pan for a minute or two on all sides.

1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp ground chile powder
1 tsp tumeric
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil

The roasts I bathed for 27 hours at 135 and I had 4 of them at around 2-3 pounds each. I pulled one out the afternoon before for lunch and testing. I did half at a broil for 15 minutes and half with the method above. I kind of liked the broil better but it was bland and a tiny tiny bit dry. The cats enjoyed the slices I cut for them off that though. The other half was way too flavorful for them. Snooty cats with no palate.
No pictures??

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Yeah luckily it was just a feature of a different add on and not something I specifically added. Thought it was funny and really only this thread might ever use it.
It could be the few hours of sleep I have had over the past 3 nights but I laughed that you thought it was funny as even I don't use Pinterest - my mom is on it all the damn time - but my dad says he will never use it for a recipe again!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Almost every Pinterest recipe I've tried isn't very good. Those Tasty recipes all over FB are mostly trash.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Bros should check out Chef Gennaro Contaldo's channel

cracks me up

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
That's hilarious, especially because it seems to be a real kitchen where the other people are just trying to be quiet.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can stand small doses of Gennaro when watching J.Oliver content, but I'm not sure I could watch a whole series of his antics. Been Enjoying Jenny Can Cook though.

Jenny Can Cook

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wife made chicken broccoli pasta after i told her Noodleface recommended it. It was good.

CbeqjV9.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Went to an off da hook oyster bar on the weekend. My oyster addiction grows with each passing day.

Soon I'll be carrying oysters in my pockets, shucking them on the go. Sitting my my car at red lights squeezing lemon juice on my freshly shucked oyster and slamming it back before the light turns green.