Gravy's Cooking Thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Throwing a couple ribeyes in a bath(sear off on the grill) for my girl and I tonight.

FKNV2Dc.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My brand of salsa is no longer being sold at my local store so I'm going to probably have to start making it myself, assuming I can figure out how to reliably do chipotle.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I've used this salsa recipe for years, easy enough:

1 can Hunts Diced Tomatoes
1 small can Hunts Tomato Sauce
1 can Rotel Original Diced Tomato/Chiles
1 - 2 fresh jalapeños, chopped (I use one)
1 medium white (or yellow) onion, chopped
Tablespoon cilantro, chopped
Two cloves of garlic, smashed/chopped/Diced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon sugar
Splash of soy sauce, white vinegar, lemon and/or lime juice
Ground pepper and salt to taste

Combine in a blender and mix to preferred consistency.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I am preparing dinner for new man again, jalapeño cheddar bratwurst (Recently made as I helped butcher hogs a couple of weeks ago...these are from that weekend), cilantro lime coleslaw, corn on the cob, beer to drink, ice cream for dessert.

• 2Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I need to try their other beers, have only had the pale ale and Torpedo.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am preparing dinner for new man again, jalapeño cheddar bratwurst (Recently made as I helped butcher hogs a couple of weeks ago...these are from that weekend), cilantro lime coleslaw, corn on the cob, beer to drink, ice cream for dessert.
Hi it's me ur new man I need to come over for dinner

• 2Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Hi it's me ur new man I need to come over for dinner

Don't do it Mrs G! It's a trap! His wife has been too pregnant to service him, so the only "come over" that's going to happen will involve many hours of cleaning or a need to explain to your visitors why you decided to paint over all your walls and ceilings.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
pMH8E37.jpg

Too fatty, but it was on sale, trimmed as much fat as i could, at least it was really thin, fat should melt away.

soy/vinegar/lea perins/hot sauce (98 octane ghost pepper)/ seseme oil

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm doing some up this weekend, will report back. Planned on using AB's recipe to start with, usually, a good plan and it only has a bit of honey in it. Getting flavor without sweeteners is my goal. I'll be doing beef, salmon, and broccoli.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
View attachment 131104

Too fatty, but it was on sale, trimmed as much fat as i could, at least it was really thin, fat should melt away.

soy/vinegar/lea perins/hot sauce (98 octane ghost pepper)/ seseme oil

When you do that shit up in a dryer, do you sanitize it in a low oven after? Or do you just risk it? Ive always ben afraid of just drying and stick it in a 275F oven for a few min after it dries.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
For some reason I dont get that feeling when eating rare steaks that I do when making jerky. Maybe its not eating it all at one time and the storage of it after? IDK, but it always worried me, but I never got sick from it either /shrug.