Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I really enjoyed this movie. Not sure I would go see it again in theaters, but I didn't feel like I wasted my 3D money. The 3D specifically seemed well done. It wasn't distracting, but it did take away a bit from the fast paced scenes.

The only thing that broke my immersion was him rescuing Gamora in space by just flying out there all willy nilly. Hey babe, take this helmet. Does space not work on humans the same way in Marvel deep space? Does his helmet give some sort of whole body protection? Or is it just explained as Peter being 'more than human'? I don't know any of the back story.
They explained that at the end...He's more than human.

Xasten_sl

shitlord
The only thing that broke my immersion was him rescuing Gamora in space by just flying out there all willy nilly. Hey babe, take this helmet. Does space not work on humans the same way in Marvel deep space? Does his helmet give some sort of whole body protection? Or is it just explained as Peter being 'more than human'? I don't know any of the back story.
That scene is actually fairly reasonable.

You can actually survive in a vacuum about as well as they portrayed. When you throw in the genetic/cyber enhancements for Gamora and his half Spartoi DNA + helmet use, it's pretty reasonable for what they portrayed.
Survival in Space Unprotected Is Possible--Briefly - Scientific American

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I really enjoyed this movie. Not sure I would go see it again in theaters, but I didn't feel like I wasted my 3D money. The 3D specifically seemed well done. It wasn't distracting, but it did take away a bit from the fast paced scenes.

I don't know any of the backstory, but a normal human can survive in outer space without a suit or oxygen for a little less than a minute. In my own head I just figured that the technology level of a space-faring civilization affords them special protections that are too boring to cover (e.g. their clothes look like normal clothes, but trap heat when exposed to a cold vacuum, or it's normal for spacefarers to take a serum which prevents immediate freezing so all of your cell membranes don't rupture, giving you an extra minute or two).

Cybsled

This is basically exactly how I thought the Nova Corps would be received be non-comic readers, which makes me fucking angry.
Huh? Did people miss the shot where they put in big bold letters that Nova Corp are the military of the planet? It's right after they capture all the gotg folks after they brawl at the start of the movie. I'm not familiar with the comic or nova corp, but it seemed pretty cut and dry to me that they were the police/military of that planet.

Btw, in regards to the exposed in space scene, they did get the ruptured capillaries in the eye right (the ultimate case of red eye)...although it instantly goes away after they get in the ship.

Great movie, enjoyed it. I can definitely see kids liking it and Rocket+Groot are Disney marketing wetdreams.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
These guys are a bunch of powerful beings who saved he galaxy, but are a holes but not 100 percent dicks. And they nailed that as a tone.

Loved drax being completely literal. Thought they made every character enjoyable for men, women and kids. Perfect casting.

Can't believe that Ronan was the pie maker. I was hoping for a little more back story of the settings, the kree, etc but they did enough that anyone can understand the basic elements. This guy is good, this guy is bad, these people are related. They can go deeper in number 2.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider

I am not sure how Marvel Deep Space works but isn't the angle they took close to scientifically accurate?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good movie, I would put at #2 out of all the Marvel movies so far (behind Avengers, tied with Iron Man). I would have liked more from Thanos, but they did a good job of introducing him as a galactic-scale badass, or at least a known threat.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I don't think I've been this entertained by a movie since ....fuck I don't remember when. I left wanting more. The pace was just spot on.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Movie was awesome, integration of the soundtrack into the film was amazing.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Fantastic movie. Technical aspects of the movie were great such as pacing, use of color, interesting sets, etc. Great humor, with the best line for me being, "We're just like Kevin Bacon!" Ronan was a fucking badass and the dude playing him really nailed his demeanor and voice. It's nice to have truly threatening villains again.

I can't put my finger on it, but there was really a Star Wars original trilogy vibe to the whole movie. A sense of fun, combined with awe, combined with how it fits in with the rest of marvelverse, and how much you sense is just on the fringe that you see glimpses of and want to know more about. Maybe it's just the tone of the whole enterprise, but whatever it is, they nailed it 100%.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
How is this for a family movie , my Son really wants to see this. He loved Avengers and wants to see this really bad , he is 7...and all he did after seeing Avengers was think he was all of them Combined and had a bow and arrow set with his cap shield and his hulk hands and was just spitting out explosion sounds and going bananas as he pummeled me with said weapons =). Mainly asking for the Gamora scenes and if there is any like really dark frighting scenes , he scares when it comes to really dark gloomy scenes and he doesnt admit it but i see it. I know its PG 13 but i still want to make sure he will sit through it and enjoy and not get frightened or freaked out due to maybe a side boob or something.
My daughter is 2 1/2. I'm seriously thinking about buying her a ticket to see if she would tolerate much of the movie. She saw the 17 minute preview they had last month, and loved it. She kept shouting "GROOT!" afterwards. I can only assume she would love the movie as well, but I don't think she would sit through all of it.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is about as good as science fiction gets. Incredible effects with a good cast and a nice sense of humor that worked well. I will not call it movie of the year yet because I am intrigued about Interstellar, but otherwise it is. My wife knows nothing about comic books and she loved the movie. In fact she went looking for a dancing groot pot but apparently that has not come out yet.

Did anyone else get a Heavy Metal vibe with the scene of the ship flying into the titan head base?

10/10 - I am very much looking forward to the next movie.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Color is one of the things GotG got incredibly right. For instance, what color does Wonder Woman wear in a movie?

BtfLEsmIYAANa8M.jpg

Is that brown? Dirty red? fuck it.

Compare to

a_560x0.jpg

Green skin! Orange headphones. Rich red jacket. Flush skin tone! PURPLE SPACE. This looks like a comic book.

Caliane

Loved it.

Not much else to say. This was the movie that I was most hyped about. Was giddy as hell, when it first was rumored way back when. Only way DC could match is if they announced Powergirl, or Boostergold/Blue beetle pretty much, and somehow made them actually good. although.. shazam.. hopes not very high with that though.
Anyway, I got the comic movie I wanted. I was not a fan of the makeup or Movie version of starlord suit, but oh well. Same with Cosmo, Nova corp etc. would have rather had mantis being useful, then gamora... Just minor things. Didn't really hurt the movie as it was.

Starlord probably still has the infinity gem

Longears

Lord Nagafen Raider
Loved the movie. My only gripe was with the theater itself. Usually Cinemagic has incredible sound and video but for some reason the actors voices were turned down a way too much and I missed a few scenes. Basically when there was a very funny part, namely the jail, when people kept laughing (understandably so, it was hilarious) I missed a few chunks of dialogue.

Does anyone have a link to an english version of the movie. Streamable would be nice but downloaded is fine. The quality is not important I just want to hear a few parts I missed.

If this is not allowed here, I'll delete this post or someone else can later. Thx

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Starlords movie costume is infinitely better than the shit he's been wearing recently in the GotG comic book. Thankfully they changed him to the movie look in the book now.

maxresdefault.jpg

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
My daughter is 2 1/2. I'm seriously thinking about buying her a ticket to see if she would tolerate much of the movie. She saw the 17 minute preview they had last month, and loved it. She kept shouting "GROOT!" afterwards. I can only assume she would love the movie as well, but I don't think she would sit through all of it.
My girls are 7 and 10. It was mywifewho suggested they might like this after we'd watched it; certainly better than Planes and the other hot garbage that's out for the kiddies these days.