Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

joz123

Potato del Grande
yeah one second i am disappointed and the next second i am still disappointed. what a crazy world.
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
As retarded as chuk is, I get his point. He sees it's mostly a well made film it's just not his kind of film.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
As retarded as chuk is, I get his point. He sees it's mostly a well made film it's just not his kind of film.
err thanks, i try to make things as simple as possible for our special board members. but i give up. if you know, ya ka know.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So the villain in this is another black guy? Weren't they just complaining that Marvel refuses to hire minorities for villain roles?

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Really didn't dig the animal torture at all. Story was ok though. Movie was 6/10 for me. I'll probably give it another watch when it comes out on D+ as the pirate copy I watched had pretty crummy audio.

• 2Solidarity

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I laughed out loud and long at one scene.

"THaaaank Yooou"

I just about died laughing at that.

It was good enough of a watch. It had a few more chuckles besides that scene. There were times that felt off beat or drawn out, but it kept my interest, which is more than I can say for most movies these days.

6.5/10

• 1Like

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
This one was definitely dark as fuck. I mean... the HE getting his face torn off + animal torture was a bit over the top for a "Superhero" movie that didn't give any indication it was that "grown up". As opposed to going into something like The Punisher or Deadpool, for example. But at the same time, I grew up reading comics and they got dark as fuck, and pretty sexualized, too. So I'm not really sure where to draw that line.

Overall, I did like the movie, though. I dig the dark background because it really sums out why Rocket is such a "hard" character-- gruff, very dark sense of humor, etc. He's seen some shit and found a way to live through it. Adam Warlock was the only real letdown for me. In the comics he's a fucking badass. Here, they went with "You pulled him out of his cocoon too early!" to explain snipping his balls off. Meh.

• 1Solidarity

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It's going to make 200 million more than AM3 would be my guess. Let's circle back in two months.

That would not surprise me, though I think there's some franchise fatigue there too.
The franchise got old for me after the one they drag the bank safe around town. Fucking dumb series.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I might be the very rare ones, I can't believe I'm saying this but Tokyo Drift is maybe the best in the series.

Also, holy shit are you guys pussies for thinking this movie was too dark because they actually killed off characters while not main. I thought it was nice to actually see something different than hearts and rainbows

Everyone bitches about how you know no one is going to die In marvel and now you hate it.

I don't know, i think Mufassa or other Disney movies in the past Films were just as fucked up.

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They drive skydiving cars in 7 and even drive a fucking Pontiac Fiero into outer space in Fast 9.

If you don't think it's intentionally absurd then the dumb one is you

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
animal torture is nowhere near as dark the start of thor 4. but I guess that was a shorter scene

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If this holds up, that's a pretty great drop for a comic book movie. Depending on final numbers anywhere from 4th to 7th best for the entire MCU. That's pretty significant.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Saw this tonight. I agree with the general consensus, better than vol 2, not as good as vol 1.
Yeah, the animal stuff was no bueno in my book. A certain wife of mine cried a couple times over that. Still a solid wrap up for this Guardians "era".

• 2Solidarity

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Crazy how bad Ant man failed
Did Ant man fail or is GotG the only sub-brand that can bring in anything but the hardcore? I suspect its really the latter, and doubt anything will do GotG numbers until Deadpool 3.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users