Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Did Ant man fail or is GotG the only sub-brand that can bring in anything but the hardcore? I suspect its really the latter, and doubt anything will do GotG numbers until Deadpool 3.
they really did Ant Man dirty from the beginning. they wouldnt leave Edgar Wright alone to do his thing in 1. they shoehorned in woke in 2 and 3. of course its going to fucking fail. and thats too bad because i fucking love Freckles and they somehow shitted her up too.

Goatface

If this holds up, that's a pretty great drop for a comic book movie. Depending on final numbers anywhere from 4th to 7th best for the entire MCU. That's pretty significant.
to get into top 10 of the mcu, would have to make $409m domestic or $1.13b worldwide. it will probably end up with $350m, 14th behind gotg2 and ahead of thor l&t. worldwide, somewhere around 16th around or below ragnarok's $850m

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
to get into top 10 of the mcu, would have to make $409m domestic or $1.13b worldwide. it will probably end up with $350m, 14th behind gotg2 and ahead of thor l&t. worldwide, somewhere around 16th around or below ragnarok's $850m
I was only talking about the second weekend drop.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

This guy and many other sites believe it has a chance to exceed the last film. It's constantly beating initial estimates. Pretty good word of mouth, apparently.

I'm sure a feather in Gunn's cap especially after the performance of Ant-Man 3.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The audience score for this is ridiculous so I did see why this wouldnt have a horrible drop, 96% is one of the highest in the MCU

Edit - shit this might have the highest audience score out of any Marvel movie

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Everyone complaining about the animal torture is bizarre. It's makes you get invested in characters and understand Rocket. Before even watching the movie you had to have known how horrible rockets backstory was going to be. He threw it out in Vol. 1

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Everyone complaining about the animal torture is bizarre. It's makes you get invested in characters and understand Rocket. Before even watching the movie you had to have known how horrible rockets backstory was going to be. He threw it out in Vol. 1
Was a touching and really fun movie. Movie flew by

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

GoTG has always been more popular than Antman. Not saying AM3 was good, but GoTG3 could have been just as lame and probably still pulled in decent numbers...initially anyways

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
next 3 marvel movies

The Marvels releasing Nov 2023
Captain Black "I'm not a Super Soldier" America May 2024
Thunderbolts July 2024 starring Elaine Benes and George Costanza

lol

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 2 users

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wife and I saw it Saturday, I put 2 tickets in her stocking at Christmas and we didn't have the kids for the evening.

My children are 10 & 8 , and I don't think I would want them to watch it. The movie was good I thought but I knew what to expect after reading the reviews here. My wife didn't enjoy the movie at all and was really disappointed. She loves the other 2 and was hoping for more of the same.

I shared that I think somone here posted its like a horror movie with comic characters, she agreed that would be a good way to describe it. She did admit that the movie itself wasn't a bad movie it's just not what she was expecting and not her type of movie.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I get why the parts were there as story arc. There were a couple small bits I thought went past where they needed to. For the sake of the waning power of spoiler protection I'll hold off on exactly what, but it was one particular scene (which was important, but went past where I thought it needed to).

Although also I wonder a lot about the rationale for the modifications the high evolutionary made to his friends. Giving a walrus better land mobility, got it, that makes sense. Removing the forearms with working 5 digit hands/paws from an otter to replace with tongs on the end of sticks? And what the hell was the purpose of what they did to floor in terms of body mods?!?!? Neither of those served, IMHO "evolutionary" purposes, just looks more like what that "evil" kid did to his toys in Toy Story.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
next 3 marvel movies

Captain Black "I'm not a Super Soldier" America May 2024

lol

I'm actually looking forward to Thunderbolts. Sure they wont be as morally grey as we all hope but Julia Louis-Dreyfus is always a good time, Wyatt Russel was the best part of that bad Falcon TV show and the director did 60% of the show "Beef" which I thought was great (bonus it focused on terrible people)

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
if you haven't seen it in the news, the seen where Groot actually says "I love you" is for the audience finally understanding him over watching him for years. Pretty much a thank to all the fans over the past 10 years
When Yondu makes his sacrifice, for Groot to say "You are Groot."
next 3 marvel movies

Captain Black "I'm not a Super Soldier" Blacktain America May 2024

lol
FTFY

Szlia

Did Ant man fail or is GotG the only sub-brand that can bring in anything but the hardcore? I suspect its really the latter, and doubt anything will do GotG numbers until Deadpool 3.
I went and saw this movie and that is the first Marvel movie I have seen since the 2018 Ant man sequel.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I liked it a lot, but I also liked the second one the most of them all which is not a popular take. Biggest issues are Him being shoehorned in and simply having too much to cram into an already long movie. But aside from No Way Home, it's probably the best Marvel movie since Infinity War by a wide margin. This might be the single best quality trilogy of movies ever made. Shame to see them pack it in, but definitely better to end on top. And it was a nice contrast both thematically and character wise to the other two. First movie is basically about making friends, second about father son relationships, and this one was all about dealing with personal loss. Nebula gets the Ensign Nog award for best unexpected character arc over the movies, imo.

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LotR kind of fumbled the ending and has some really boring slogs, but as a matter of opinion and taste I cannot argue. Back to the Future is a good one, though, and has aged extremely well along with having far reaching impacts on pop culture.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
LotR kind of fumbled the ending and has some really boring slogs, but as a matter of opinion and taste I cannot argue. Back to the Future is a good one, though, and has aged extremely well along with having far reaching impacts on pop culture.
i actually like BTTF 3 much more now than i did when i saw it in the theater as a young adult. i know why i didnt like 3 that much, but its not a big deal anymore.