Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Back to the Future is the odd good trilogy where the middle movie is by far the weakest part. Its easy to forget since it happened in the pre internet rage days, but people were actually salty when P2 ended with a To Be Continued and trailer for Pt3 at the time in theatres. Its still a very strong trilogy that has aged pretty well.

Edit and you tend to like Westerns and War movies more as you become an old fart for some reason, so makes sense.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i actually like BTTF 3 much more now than i did when i saw it in the theater as a young adult. i know why i didnt like 3 that much, but its not a big deal anymore.
Going from BTTF 2 to 3 was a downgrade in setting as we went from visiting the future, an alternate timeline, and doubling up in 55 to using the wild west as a back drop. Flying got nerfed, fusion reactor nerfed, and the theme of lightning's unpredictability was dropped in favor of an arrow hitting the gas tank and a solution of "wait for the train" was devised.

As a kid the settings had more cool factor, but as an adult we don't mind that 3's plot focused on the characters more and the town's happenings

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Going from BTTF 2 to 3 was a downgrade in setting as we went from visiting the future, an alternate timeline, and doubling up in 55 to using the wild west as a back drop. Flying got nerfed, fusion reactor nerfed, and the theme of lightning's unpredictability was dropped in favor of an arrow hitting the gas tank and a solution of "wait for the train" was devised.

As a kid the settings had more cool factor, but as an adult we don't mind that 3's plot focused on the characters more and the town's happenings
i was more annoyed at the corny future references throughout the movie, but yes, it was a tad more boring when it went from future tech stuff to old west tech. but i also loved Doc Brown's inventions to get around that stuff.

Sevens

Log Wizard
I liked it a lot, but I also liked the second one the most of them all which is not a popular take. Biggest issues are Him being shoehorned in and simply having too much to cram into an already long movie. But aside from No Way Home, it's probably the best Marvel movie since Infinity War by a wide margin. This might be the single best quality trilogy of movies ever made. Shame to see them pack it in, but definitely better to end on top. And it was a nice contrast both thematically and character wise to the other two. First movie is basically about making friends, second about father son relationships, and this one was all about dealing with personal loss. Nebula gets the Ensign Nog award for best unexpected character arc over the movies, imo.
WTF

asdfsdafsdaf.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LOTR is good, but it drags. Plus the thirty minute gay feelies at the end of the third film did it no favors.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Indiana Jones trilogy, cocksuckers. There was rumor of a fourth movie but I'm pretty certain that never happened and was merely mass delusion.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the Indy trilogy is probably the best trilogy since the Man With No Name trilogy and until the LOTR trilogy. the Star Wars OT has been tainted now by the Special Editions, prequels and Disney sequels.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
the Indy trilogy is probably the best trilogy since the Man With No Name trilogy and until the LOTR trilogy. the Star Wars OT has been tainted now by the Special Editions, prequels and Disney sequels.
OG SW trilogy falls in the standings on the basis of Ewoks alone.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Captain America is also a good MCU trilogy. I don't think it's as good as GotG but it's solid. There's a lot of other trilogies where 2 of the 3 are amazing but one of the installments makes it hard to put on any of these kind of lists. Godfather in particular comes to mind. Also as a random one that probably doesn't belong on a serious list I do love me some Evil Dead as a trilogy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Captain America is also a good MCU trilogy. I don't think it's as good as GotG but it's solid. There's a lot of other trilogies where 2 of the 3 are amazing but one of the installments makes it hard to put on any of these kind of lists. Godfather in particular comes to mind. Also as a random one that probably doesn't belong on a serious list I do love me some Evil Dead as a trilogy.
the Cap movies were indeed an incredible trilogy, but now that Captain no powers is coming in, its a series. like, i would say the Rocky trilogy was an incredible trilogy too. but there were like 6 of those films and then 3 more Creed films. the biggest letdown for me was the Hellboy trilogy. 2 great films and then no interest to complete the trilogy which was building up to something epic? what about the Crank trilogy? they couldnt come up with one more over the top film?

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Be honest fatty. If they stared starry eyed over elevensies you would of found it not gay.
Cut out the faggot hobbit pillow fight and trim down the drawn out horse ride to the docks with the elven ships and the last movie improves immeasurably. Most of my gripes, if I am being honest, are the lack of Tom Bombadil and the omission of the Razing of the Shire.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
dont listen to Harshaw Harshaw , Kate Capshaw is a fine jewish woman.
MV5BMjAyODQ5NzU5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQwNDczMw@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

he just doesnt like her because he thinks she tried to steal his name!

she also looks like the mom in Christmas Story.
iu
It is being a terrible actress and getting cast cuz you were fucking the director that makes her shit. Not her looks.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is being a terrible actress and getting cast cuz you were fucking the director that makes her shit. Not her looks.
calm down young padiwan, that was a joke. she was told to act like a screeching woman for the movie and by god thats what she did. i saw that movie dozens of times and i had no idea that people hated it cuz Willie screamed her head off too often.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Willie was annoying as fuck, but this dude made up for it.

1684452686754.png

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It also has the fortune of having the best MCU movie.

1684497091649.png

• 1Solidarity