HDTVs

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
epp deal is back at samsung, $1079 for a 65" ks8000. must be signed in with an EPP account to get the deal. parents arrived after around 21 days, no problems and setup just fine but it does take a long time and if you get a damaged screen/bezel/panel it can be an absolute nightmare to return and re order
65" Class KS8000 8-Series 4K SUHD TV (2016 Model) TVs - UN65KS8000FXZA | Samsung US
I got a defective 65ks8500, and while I wouldn't say it was a nightmare per se, it was definitely a pain in the ass and the timeframe for everything is way longer than it should be.

And the shipping time is wildly inconsistent. Some reported getting it the next day after ordering, others like you (and me) had to wait 2-3 weeks

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I've ordered 3 TV's now since I got the EPP, 2 without their white glove service and one with, the white glove is additional fifty and took 2 weeks, the second and third TV's came in under 6 business days and had no additional cost.

Go figure.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
is there any way to still get that Samsung KS8000 for $1079 or has that ship sailed?

It is showing $1,699 for me with EPP.

There was a $1,325 deal posted on SlickDeals back on 1/13 so it seems like some savings are still popping up.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I have been holding out for the 2017 qled or improved lg oled, but this price keeps coming back. The struggle is real.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So the only difference between the 8000 and 8500 is that the former is flat and the latter is curved? If so, what's the verdict on curved, particularly for a wall mounted installation?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Personally, I think curved is another bullshit gimmick to sell new TVs. The only way it makes sense for a curved display is if you are close enough like a computer monitor where it curves in your peripheral vision. Most living rooms / HT rooms are so far away, it makes no sense. It is just sat on a wall 10ft away from you curved for no reason whatsoever.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

spronk

FPS noob
vizio got bought by LeEco, which is apparently the biggest chinese tv maker and they are pushing hard to move into the USA. don't be surprised if future vizio TVs webcam you 100% of the time and upload that to Chinese-Putin

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's not just Vizio though. Almost all smart TVs do it behind the guise of added features. Vizio was just stupid enough to have it turned on by default and not opt-in.