Health Care Thread

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Even if they could, espousing a government based solution to anything that doesn't involve outlawing abortion, keeping foreigners out of the country, or national defense just isn't in their DNA. It's like saying a lion can cut out the middle wildebeest and start eating grass, if it wanted to.
It's different than that, I bet those same lions would eat that grass to survive if the wildebeest disappeared.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I want to write a serious response to lions eating grass, but I know that's not the point.
frown.png

iannis

Musty Nester
Too rapid a shift. These things have their own momentum and the g forces would tear the constituency and the leadership apart in a shift like that. Political agendas can and do change, but when they change that rapidly the party doing it suffers in influence. Influence is the bottom line in politics. Cash money is how influence is measured.

Basically if the Tea Party continues pushing the Republican party in the direction it has been so far it is possible something like that exactly what will happen. It's not hard to see how the party could utterly lose what little cohesion has left. Repealing Obamacare IS the party cohesion... but that's got to end already.

It's ironic. Tea Partiers call for reducing government. I suppose destroying the Republican partyishalf the job.

iannis

Musty Nester
And this is why you never trust a libertarian. They're nothing but dishonest anarchists. And anarchists are nothing but dishonest communists.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It's different than that, I bet those same lions would eat that grass to survive if the wildebeest disappeared.
These particular lions would set fire to the savanna and start eating their own young before they'd ever start nibbling on the roughage.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
There's been dozens of people on various news programs with PEC before that have been making $1-2k/yr savings quotes (if not more than that - think I saw a $500/mo one but I'm not 100% sure) he's not exactly a best case scenario..
Citation needed.

If this was at all true the White House would have all 50 people saving 1,000 a year on the front lawn and Sebelius would be hanging the HHS equivalent of the Medal of Freedom around their necks.

Zhaun's response just proves he was lying. The only people who could possible be "saving" money on Obamacare are 55 year olds with heart conditions that are not yet eligible for Medicare.

And the only reason why they're saving money is because the rest of us have our rates jacked up.

So I will "Cry bullshit and let loose the dogs of reason".

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Citation needed.

If this was at all true the White House would have all 50 people saving 1,000 a year on the front lawn and Sebelius would be hanging the HHS equivalent of the Medal of Freedom around their necks.

Zhaun's response just proves he was lying. The only people who could possible be "saving" money on Obamacare are 55 year olds with heart conditions that are not yet eligible for Medicare.

And the only reason why they're saving money is because the rest of us have our rates jacked up.

More like I'll let the bee's loose and build my bunker.

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yes, but at this point I am all for a 3 party system.
My issue with a 3 party system is that at this point neither the GOP or the Tea Party seems interested in courting moderates of any flavor, so I'd be afraid of the Dems holding most of the power and instead of a single conservative minority party you'd have that split into two even smaller parties. We have the Right raging about RINOs but you don't see anyone on the left bandying DINOs about. And sure, a party can do a 180 and completely change their focus/message overnight, but then the problem is how the GOP and Tea Party have painted themselves into a corner with their current base and I don't think they'd be able to make a move for moderates while keeping their Tea Party/mainstream GOP members.

Also, I call dibs on DINOs.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Citation needed.

In this exact fucking thread there is a post of a guy showing how much he has saved due to ACA with Merlin crying like a petulant little shit demanding pictures or it didn't happen and he posted pictures of the letter showing how much he is going to save yet here you are pulling the same fucking stunt, you are fucking retarded, I mean it 100% fucking stupid. You know how I know your god doesn't exist, because any god would make it physically fucking hurt to be willfully stupid as you are.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
In this exact fucking thread there is a post of a guy .
Please go sell your Ponzi scheme somewhere else BW.

The setup of the ACA means that the only people who can possibly be saving money are those who are currently (a) not eligible for medicare/aid/wtf and (b) have some horrible pre-existing condition such that their current policy is astro-fucking-nomically high.

So if someone is "saving" money it is only because of a + b and his "savings" are being paid for by everybody elses much more expensive policy.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Please go sell your Ponzi scheme somewhere else BW.

The setup of the ACA means that the only people who can possibly be saving money are those who are currently (a) not eligible for medicare/aid/wtf and (b) have some horrible pre-existing condition such that their current policy is astro-fucking-nomically high.

So if someone is "saving" money it is only because of a + b and his "savings" are being paid for by everybody elses much more expensive policy.
If it causes you and you alone to cough up an extra 30% for your health coverage to cover someone using the ACA , it's a job well done.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
If it causes you and you alone to cough up an extra 30% for your health coverage to cover someone using the ACA , it's a job well done.
You are all such tools of the boomers.

What group benefits the most from the ACA? Babyboomers who aren't on Medicare yet. What group pays the most for the ACA? Our generation and the one after us.

When we're all 55 and need health insurance for our pre-existing condition what will the world look like? Well assuming that's roughly 25-30 years from now for most of the board members....

In 25-30 years the majority of the US budget will be going to paying off the 25+ trillion debt load (incurred by the abovementioned babyboomers). There won't be much left to cover health care, social security or anything else.

So keep on trucking buddy - keep on helping the boomers pay their bills I'm glad to see a true altruist given that when you're 55 you'll be on your own with no safety net.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Obviously the solution is forced euthanasia at 65 from a random pool until balance is achieved. I'll go ahead and put your name into the hat for you.

Karloff_sl

shitlord

What group benefits the most from the ACA? Babyboomers who aren't on Medicare yet. What group pays the most for the ACA? Our generation and the one after us.

When we're all 55 and need health insurance for our pre-existing condition what will the world look like? Well assuming that's roughly 25-30 years from now for most of the board members....

In 25-30 years the majority of the US budget will be going to paying off the 25+ trillion debt load (incurred by the abovementioned babyboomers). There won't be much left to cover health care, social security or anything else.

So keep on trucking buddy - keep on helping the boomers pay their bills I'm glad to see a true altruist given that when you're 55 you'll be on your own with no safety net.
No room in your bunker huh?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

You do realize the median age of Boomers qualifies for Medicare already, right? That you were already subsidizing via your FICA (assuming you work) and the ones with more extreme cases can qualify for it starting at 55 if the need is demonstrated (PEC stuff before usually) - and the youngest Boomers are 50 today.

And of course if theyre considered disabled by their PEC even younger works.

And the subsodization you provide for their $108/mo Medicare (assuming theyre not poor enough to get the premium waived) is much higher.

So youre complaining that youre subsudizing them less than you will be in the future? The logic is astounding....

As for the citation you asked for there's plenty of examples some from this thread with fucking scans... I'm not bothering giving you evidence you'll equally ignore. Hell my own $2k/mo policy I'm sure you could beat anywhere. (And mind you that was in 04 - probably would've been close to $2.5k/mo in 2011)

And that was a single person policy wife is insured individually and no kids.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
All the Wrong People Are Getting Obamacare

But a CBS News report discusses a growing source of disquiet: In almost half the states with exchanges, the overwhelming majority of enrollments are coming from Medicaid, not the new insurance markets -- 87 percent in Washington, 82 percent in Kentucky and, last time I looked, 100 percent in Oregon (which delayed opening its insurance exchange in order to work out technical bugs). The Medicaid expansion side of the bill seems to be working fine in the states that opted for the expansion. But the private insurance side doesn?t seem to be getting a lot of pickup.
~
If we don?t see a spike in purchases starting on the day after Thanksgiving, we should get really, really worried. But that?s still a long way off.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Signing up for Medicaid through the ACA doesn't go active until Jan 1st... clearly some of those states are just quoting all new enrollments together and their social services form of Medicaid application is getting lumped with ACA applications when they're separate for a few more months.

[Actually had a discussion with my job counselor I was seeing about how to present my health issues properly on my resume - she wanted to make sure I was aware of it becoming open on Jan 1st when she looked at my income not realizing my secondary sources... (since you'll be able to buy in to Medicaid as a secondary on Medicare if your income is low enough - mine w/o investment income is)]