Health Care Thread

iannis

Musty Nester
There is one point at which I can agree with Grim whole heartedly.

Hillary would have been better at implementing the ACA. But even as intermittently and strangely bloodthirsty as Obummer has turned out to be, I think Hillary would have fucked us RIGHT when it came to uses of our military. It's still her weakness and if I vote against her will probably be the reason. I just don't agree with what seems to be her philosophy about America's place in the world. She's mostly not-evil when it comes to domestic policy -- which in this day and age is a big positive.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
there are cases like mens plans or 60 year old womans plans being considered illegal because they don't include maternity leave.
Only for family plans that I've seen quoted so far with appropriate listings of before and afters on the policy. Which admittedly some family plans probably shouldn't need it - but for individual plans just because it's listed might just be laziness on the part of the provider for making a separate male/female/elder female plan listing. (Also I'm pretty sure a woman past 60 has had a kid in recent memory haven't they? Yep - 65.Oldest U.S. Mom of Twins Frieda Birnbaum Is 65 and 'More Excited' Than Ever Before - ABC News)

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LOL, he ran away. For someone who talks about courage so much, he sure turned into a pussy real quick.
LOL. Ran away? I am watching the fucking football games. I only come here to kick you pussies around during the comercials.

Some of us don't live here.

I'll get back to you when I have time. Be sure to spin your wheels uselessly like you always do in the mean time.

Vaclav

Holy shit this guy's gone full retard. IRB is the only resident libtard that has fully supported Obama in everything and never offered any voice of dissent. The rest of us have been displeased with plenty.

Grim1 better calm down or he's gonna stroke out.
I'm unhappy with alot - I think the ACA is pretty shitty and only barely better than what was there before personally to be completely on topic. Yet I'm apparently giving him handjobs and baking him brownies on the weekends or some shit.

That's not to say he's not doing an OK job overall though, the Presidency is a pretty thankless job - even St. Reagan when I was new to politics and naive would get maybe a B+ grading from me (Probably a C- now that I'm more familiar with the minutiae and rate things like Iran-Contra and the mental hospital defunding as far more dire... he literally created most of our homeless problem for the next two decades from ejecting long term mental hospital patients... wtf..), Obama is like a C- and W a D+. Everyone's been passable, but no one has truly wowed me as a President. (Clinton would be a B as well)

This ridiculous perfect President image that people have that Presidents are expected to conform to is absolutely ridiculous and not something I subscribe to - people make errors, I criticize their errors - I don't hate them as a person or start tainting my views on everything else they do because of it.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
LOL. Ran away? I am watching the fucking football games. I only come here to kick you pussies around during the comercials.

I'll get back to you when I have time. Be sure to spin your wheels uselessly like you always do in the mean time.
Tell us more about Hitler winning the 1932 election during the next commercial break.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>

Bro, tell us in which election that almost all of Germany voted for Hitler?

Vaclav

He's talking about the 2002 election when Hans Hitler ran for Comptroller of Leipzig, clearly. [Note: Completely a joke - don't bother looking it up - if there actually was one it's complete coincidence]

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
For the retards on this board incapbable of basic google skills:

German federal election, March 1933 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back to football while you spin your wheels uselessly some more.
Despite achieving a much better result than in the November 1932 election, the Nazis did not do as well as Hitler had hoped. Despite massive violence and intimidation, the Nazis won 43.9% of the vote, rather than the majority that he had expected. Therefore, he was forced to maintain his coalition with the DNVP to control a majority of seats. The Communists forfeited about a fourth of their votes, while the Social Democrats suffered only moderate losses. Shortly after the election, the KPD was banned and its 81 seats (12% of the Reichstag seats) were "annulled" for the purported communist role in the Reichstag Fire. Within a few days, all of the KPD's representatives were either under arrest or were in hiding.
Although the Nazi-DNVP coalition had enough seats to conduct the basic business of government, Hitler needed a two-thirds majority to pass the Enabling Act, a law which allowed the Cabinet to enact laws without the approval of the Reichstag for a four-year period. He obtained this majority by persuading the Catholic Centre Party to vote with him with regard to the Reichskonkordat. The bill was passed on 23 March with 444 against 94 votes. Only the Social Democrats led by Otto Wels opposed the measure, which came into effect on 27 March. Leaving nothing to chance, the Nazis used the provisions of the Reichstag Fire Decree to keep several SPD deputies from attending. However, even if all 120 Social Democrats had been present the measure would have still passed with the required supermajority. The provisions of the bill turned the Hitler government into a de facto legal dictatorship.

1. This election wasn't about Hitler but the Nazi party, thus saying that almost all of Germany voted for Hitler is patently false to begin with. Hitler wasn't on the ballot in this election.

2. Which brings us to the next point that apparently "almost all of Germany" now means 43% of the vote, not even a majority.

Tell us more about how "almost all of Germany" voted for Hitler.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
This fucking doofus is getting rather entertaining, links wikipedia that disputes his claim as proof that his claim is accurate. Holy fuck this guy is a complete moron, please continue Grim1.

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It's amazing to see all the other conservatives swarming to support Grim1 here, clearly he is correct and he's simply being mobbed by the Rerolled Liberal Caucus.

Vaclav

rrr_img_47925.jpg

Pop quiz:
1) Almost empty
2) 43.91% or so full
3) Almost full

Your grade will effect the final.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tell us more about how "almost all of Germany" voted for Hitler.
Actually what I said was "Almost everyone in Germany voted for Hitler also...".

But that was wrong, what I should have said is that "most people in Germany supported Hitler" which was true. Especially after he reigned in inflation and negated the over bearing terms of the loss in WWI after he took over.

They overlooked his treatment of Jews, his invasion of Poland, etc, etc, and they lived with his lies, because they were much like you... cowards.

Your pathetic attempt to divert attention from your cowardice is a laugh. But you are right to point out any mistakes I make in the details, even though you realize my intent. Details do matter.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Sorry to interrupt the bashing fun, but how is a catastrophic plan a ripoff? It makes the most sense for the healthy and young. It's true insurance against the unforeseen, meaning one breaks a leg or gets a disease its taken care of. The only argument given by aray and his fanboy was: LOL catistrophic.

And eff you for shitting it up for three pages..

Vaclav

Plenty of people spoke out against Hitler - the military was in lockstep with him, the populace as a whole was quite mixed. It's pretty well covered that there were dozens of people in support of the people over the Nazis during the time, amongst other things networks of people hiding Jewish folk, etc.