Health Care Thread

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
The website will also most likely be fixed with less casualties and expense than Iraq and Afghanistan will... if they ever are.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
The website will also most likely be fixed with less casualties and expense than Iraq and Afghanistan will... if they ever are.
What if fixing the website costs 4+ Trillion dollars and 3,000+ American lives?

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Bush had responsibility for Iraq and Afghanistan. I wouldnt call Bush responsible for Battle of Fallujah though, or something like that.

You guys are acting like healthcare.gov is the entirety of the ACA, while in reality its a tiny portion. If the concept of the ACA itself fails, then you can blame Obama for that. A website not working for a few weeks and you're all losing your fucking shit already, LOL. Hey guess what? The website will be fixed. Can invading a country on false pretenses be fixed? Unlikely.
Ah, you're arguing something I never said. Obama said it, not me, but healthcare.gov is not a tiny portion, it is a HUGE portion. This has been admitted by Obama himself prior to the debacle. Obama is the one who said it was so important and touting it at every opportunity.

The website will be fixed, and I do hope to hell it works and I can get a good plan, even if I have to pay more. Not being dropped for any reason is Gold and really eases my mind when it comes to insurance. We sure didn't need all the rest of ACA to accomplish that, though, or 85% used on costs, or the other few good bits about it. But the ACA is not healthcare reform. It is insurance reform.

But let's not pretend that the Healthcare.gov rollout = hamsterdance rollout.

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Aryasar, you stupid Obama-cocksucker! Don't you know Obama coded the whole site himself?! Fucking libtard!!1
WTufkjM.gif

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Ah, you're arguing something I never said. Obama said it, not me, but healthcare.gov is not a tiny portion, it is a HUGE portion. This has been admitted by Obama himself prior to the debacle. Obama is the one who said it was so important and touting it at every opportunity.

The website will be fixed, and I do hope to hell it works and I can get a good plan, even if I have to pay more. Not being dropped for any reason is Gold and really eases my mind when it comes to insurance. We sure didn't need all the rest of ACA to accomplish that, though, or 85% used on costs, or the other few good bits about it. But the ACA is not healthcare reform. It is insurance reform.

But let's not pretend that the Healthcare.gov rollout = hamsterdance rollout.
Then I'm not even sure what you are even complaining about. It sounds like you want to take advantage of this new system.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I actually just tried registering and got through.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Success!

Your account has been created.

With this account, you can use the Health Insurance Marketplace to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
The information you entered isn't valid. Review this information. If you're having trouble, call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325.
DAMN YOU SEBELIUS!!!! DAMN YOU SILVER FOX!!!!!!!!!!!

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Then I'm not even sure what you are even complaining about. It sounds like you want to take advantage of this new system.
Well, yeah, of course I do. I've been trying to sign up since Oct 1. Not to mention it's the law. Like I said, there's some good stuff in there, though didn't do enough and fails in other areas. And I wish BOTH fucking sides will fix those things. I'm not a it needs to be repealled person, though I don't think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. What it's going to hold for the future, no one really knows, so I really can't speak for that until it happens. Hopefully we'll be able to fix the oversights as they come up. I really think we are going to need to look at the Insurance Companies with a microscope, because as far as the money goes, the ACA is all about insurance companies. I'm sure that some huge fucking loopholes are going to be found, and I hope the get taken care of.

Until you started making unrelated arguments, this was about Obama having (or not) any culpability and you blaming the healthcare.gov rollout on burger flippers.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
oh never mind, i forgot to capitalize a letter in my password. i am in now

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Well, yeah, of course I do. I've been trying to sign up since Oct 1. Not to mention it's the law. Like I said, there's some good stuff in there, though didn't do enough and fails in other areas. And I wish BOTH fucking sides will fix those things. I'm not a it needs to be repealled person, though I don't think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. What it's going to hold for the future, no one really knows, so I really can't speak for that until it happens. Hopefully we'll be able to fix the oversights as they come up. I really think we are going to need to look at the Insurance Companies with a microscope, because as far as the money goes, the ACA is all about insurance companies. I'm sure that some huge fucking loopholes are going to be found, and I hope the get taken care of.

Until you started making unrelated arguments, this was about Obama having (or not) any culpability and you blaming the healthcare.gov rollout on burger flippers.
I bet you're the kind of guy who thinks both sides are bad.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I did. And I tried to do the password reset, but that didn't work either (no E-Mail was sent). Though I haven't tried in a day or two.

I miss the smiling girl. She unrustled my jimmies greatly.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What about the CEO who changes a company's business model to sell really shitty, expensive burgers, and then had the entire drive-through process modified and on big debut day, only 6 people were able to get said burgers over hundreds of drive-throughs because it was a complete clusterfuck and the new system didn't work. Do we blame the burger-flipper? Or, I suppose in this case you'd blame the builders of the drive-thrus.

Come on man, there's a big difference and that's a shitty comparison.
Five Guys when they opened their first spot around here was doing any burger all you can eat $1 a person - and ran out of supplies by something like 2pm EST and had to shut down for the day besides selling fries (at $0.50 a large to go with the cheap theme) - as a day one promo.

So I don't imagine they served that many people, with tons being turned away - last I checked that spot is still going super strong and the chain is doing gangbusters with everyone loving them and giving huge kudos to the CEOs of the chain.

Perhaps lower management felt a sting for it, not sure - but the big dogs didn't even take a hit for it. Hell, it might have been a regional or store manager idea to get the word out the first time. (Although IIRC one of the CEOs was actually working there for Day One...)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So you're trying to equate someone fucking up a burger at McDonald's to fucking up a website that is the central component of your signature piece of legislation, of which millions of people are supposed to utilize and rely upon to obtain their new (ridiculously expensive) health insurance? Fantastic analogy.
Four different ways to apply that I'm aware of personally - it's hard to call that "central"... Hell, last time I'd heard a quote less than 60% of people have internet access - far more have phones or transportation to use the other methods regardless of whatever the figure is.

It might be the most convenient method done right - but it's hardly the "central method" - that's like saying that early voting is a "central method" of voting on election day since its the most convenient method by far. But reality is its just an extra layer added on that is really nice to have but not necessary.