Health Care Thread

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
So that is what every plan HAS to cover.

Can't discriminate based on age so if you are 70 or 18 you need it.

I don't pretend to read things and understand them 100% when it comes to complicated legal stuff so in no way am I saying that it is backing up what he is saying. I just know that it is part of the EHB and the EHB is mandatory for ALL plans.
The language is a bit off for a non-lawyer, so I could be wrong, it looks like they have to offer those things though, not force you to take them.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1460248_583336141731578_1979541125_n.jpg
Well Obama is black...

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The language is a bit off for a non-lawyer, so I could be wrong, it looks like they have to offer those things though, not force you to take them.
Well the wording of the whole ACA is that every single plan has to be exactly the same and there can be zero difference of price between man or woman regardless.

That is kind of the point of the whole thing.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
No, I don't.

I'm just saying that if I have mammograms on my policy the ins company is smart enough to not price that in.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
No, I don't.

I'm just saying that if I have mammograms on my policy the ins company is smart enough to not price that in.
Yeah everything I am reading says that doesn't matter. It's all a part of your plan because men could get breast cancer also.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastc...-men-diagnosis

Mammography is often more accurate in men than women, since men do not have dense breasts or other common breast changes that might interfere with the test.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ok: The insurance company will be well aware of how much the average 26 year old man spends on mammograms and adjust the price to cover it.

It will be next to nothing.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So are the republicans here arguing against trickle down economic policies or what? Because that is what ACA is. Give insurance companies a larger customer base which allows for higher profits and hope they will share with the rest of us.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Ok: The insurance company will be well aware of how much the average 26 year old man spends on mammograms and adjust the price to cover it.

It will be next to nothing.
Not being a dick here just to argue by the way.

They can't adjust it at all. That is the whole point of this entire affordable care. You need to know that if you get some breast cancer as a dude you aren't all of a sudden going to have to pay through the nose because your insurance skimped on that part because you are a 26 year old male.

There are certain things they will get zero choice on and that is this list of "Essential Health Benefits".

They are legally not allowed to make a woman pay more in any way which is what would happen if they cut the costs of breast screening for you the male.

It just isn't going to work well as outlined and I think it's slowly coming to the light. It might be able to be fixed easily, I have no clue. But reading the mandatory portions I and quite a few other people can see some decent size flaws in it.

I am not throwing stones here. I think it MIGHT be a path down to something actually good.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Hey dumbfucks, your current insurance would probably cover a mammogram if your doctor ordered it. Even if you're a 26 year old male.

The ACA is just removing the "probably"

Jesus christ you people are fucking stupid.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So are the republicans here arguing against trickle down economic policies or what? Because that is what ACA is. Give insurance companies a larger customer base which allows for higher profits and hope they will share with the rest of us.
Umm forcing customers onto insurance companies at low values is not trickle down economics in the slightest. I don't think you understand what that is, at all.

Right now insurance companies can charge what they want and offer what they want and turn down who they want (there are some minor stipulations but that is the overall).

When this all goes into effect they have very little control over their policies. How can you call that trickle down?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
They really dont know what they are arguing, but the end game needs to be to score political points against Democrats and Obama

A health care system devised by a Republican think tank, pushed by Republicans for 20+ years, implemented by a Republican governor and advocated by Republicans as recently as 2007 is now being scorned with a venom that hereto been only reserved for the Nuremberg Laws.

So its pretty hilarious to watch them twist themselves into logical pretzels in order to be automatically be able to oppose everything that Obama or Democrats propose.

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
These arguments are fucking retarded. Who the fuck cares if Obamacare mandates that people get coverage for shit they will never use. If they never use it, it doesnt cost their insurance company a single penny. The only reason the laws cover such a broad stroke is that it prevents insurance companies from being able to say "sorry our policy doesnt cover this incredibly rare circumstance....get fucked". So no, 60 year olds probably dont require prenatal care, but on the off chance some 60 year old does, they dont get fucked because an insurance company saw a chance for a profit. And this logic holds true for every single one of these 'doesnt make sense' coverage mandates.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Hey dumbfucks, your current insurance would probably cover a mammogram if your doctor ordered it. Even if you're a 26 year old male.

The ACA is just removing the "probably"

Jesus christ you people are fucking stupid.
You so sure about that? Aetna here only will give them to you after you already have a prior history only.

II.Aetna considers screening mammography for men experimental and investigational, as the clinical benefits of such screening in men are unproven. Current guidelines from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force and the American College of Radiology recommend such screening only for women. Aetna considers mammography medically necessary for surveillance of men with a prior history of breast cancer.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
These arguments are fucking retarded. Who the fuck cares if Obamacare mandates that people get coverage for shit they will never use. If they never use it, it doesnt cost their insurance company a single penny. The only reason the laws cover such a broad stroke is that it prevents insurance companies from being able to say "sorry our policy doesnt cover this incredibly rare circumstance....get fucked". So no, 60 year olds probably dont require prenatal care, but on the off chance some 60 year old does, they dont get fucked because an insurance company saw a chance for a profit. And this logic holds true for every single one of these 'doesnt make sense' coverage mandates.
Moving the goalposts.

Araysar there made some claim that it wasn't true that everyone got certain blanket benefits. All I did was come in and prove that in fact that it was true. Whether that is a good or bad thing I am not the person to make that call. It definitely has pros and cons.

You think insurance companies aren't profiting from ACA? Aren't you just so adorable.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I think what truly blows my mind more than anything else is, after watching the incredible amount of incompetence and stupidity being displayed in what is only the early stages of a colossal government fuck up, there are people out there, and particularly on this board, who still have jizz running down their legs with the thought of full on government controlled healthcare.
Other countries managed to do it, why can't we? You saying we're not good enough? That's pretty unamerican, bro.

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You think insurance companies aren't profiting from ACA? Aren't you just so adorable.
Of course insurance companies are profiting from the ACA. They sell a product people are being required to buy. The question is whether or not they are still allowed to inflate their profits by begin assholes. Obamacare doesnt make it impossible to make profits from health insurance, it makes it impossible to gouge money from people selling predatory policies.