Health Care Thread

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Lol, thanks for proving my point... Alec.
If believing that you won something will keep you happy I am all for it. After all, as a tolerant and compassionate liberal, my heart bleeds for stupid fucks whose homes have wheels.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
If believing that you won something will keep you happy I am all for it. After all, as a tolerant and compassionate liberal, my heart bleeds for stupid fucks whose homes have wheels.
Grim1 is actually surpassing Merlin levels of stupid, it's quite impressive.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really? That is pathetically lame. And it also is a bigoted comment against those you supposedly care about. So you are like most liberals, you just mouth the words about tolerance but you really hate everyone of color, of a lower "class" or of a different sexual orientation.

You sound like just another Alec Baldwin, a two faced hypocrite.

And if you notice. I only post on weekends or weeknights..... which happens to coincide with when I'm home from the office.
Could also coincide with the neighbors being out so you can steal their WiFi you can't afford, could be those are the days the NSA spy drones can't read your brain, could mean anything.

Hell could be the complete opposite if you're only doing Net shit at work on their tab.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Grim1 is actually surpassing Merlin levels of stupid, it's quite impressive.
Nah, that's impossible. He's certainly got Merlin beat on blind rage, but nothing can compete with the years of consistent stupid that Merlin has churned out. Seal Team six, liberal polls, increase defense spending to avoid the imminent Chinese invasion, etc. Merlin is the Cal Ripken Jr. of dumb.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Wasn't Aladain Seal Team 6? Or was he Boots on the Ground?

Fuck, it's all starting to blur together.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Nah, that's impossible. He's certainly got Merlin beat on blind rage, but nothing can compete with the years of consistent stupid that Merlin has churned out. Seal Team six, liberal polls, increase defense spending to avoid the imminent Chinese invasion, etc. Merlin is the Cal Ripken Jr. of dumb.
Yeah Merlin is definitely the Iron man of stupid but Grim1 would be like Brady Anderson the year he hit 50 home runs and then disappeared, he won't be here long but his stupid will outshine Merlin while he is.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I use to hate you a_skeleton_03 but compared to these other fuckers I now want to get an apartment together

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I use to hate you a_skeleton_03 but compared to these other fuckers I now want to get an apartment together
Now that I got me some free healthcare can I get me some free money so I can do nothing all day long but play video games.
smile.png
please Mr. Obama.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Lol @ usps. Constitutional monopoly and they are still falling.
They're not failing actually. Their budgetary problems are due to a ridiculous requirement for how much they should fund their pension fund. They're in the black when you cut out the mandated change in their pension funding. It's an illusion of failure so that politicians can sell off the USPS piecemeal to rob the 99% for the 1%.

I think there was a similar issue with the british train or bus service where they privatized it, the private companies abandoned (less/un)profitable areas, those areas became nationalized until they began turning a profit again (lol failgovernment?), and then was privatized again. Socialize the costs, privatize the profits. Basic corruption, and the argument behind the libertarian desire for government reduction. It's naive, but it makes sense before you look at the details.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
They're not failing actually. Their budgetary problems are due to a ridiculous requirement for how much they should fund their pension fund. They're in the black when you cut out the mandated change in their pension funding. It's an illusion of failure so that politicians can sell off the USPS piecemeal to rob the 99% for the 1%.

I think there was a similar issue with the british train or bus service where they privatized it, the private companies abandoned (less/un)profitable areas, those areas became nationalized until they began turning a profit again (lol failgovernment?), and then was privatized again. Socialize the costs, privatize the profits. Basic corruption, and the argument behind the libertarian desire for government reduction. It's naive, but it makes sense before you look at the details.
They're already aware of all this. They have been refuted multiple times by multiple people. Save your energy, bro.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

I thought the internet destroyed their business model?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
No, parcels, magazines, advertisements, and bills are still a very big deal. Personal letters and P.O. boxes are much much weaker now, but they haven't been a significant part of their revenue for a while and the reduction in P.O. boxes allowed them to downsize their storefront footprint. Bills are waning as they go digital, but they're not keeping the lights on.

I've yet to visit a USPS office that had no customers. I've occasionally visited one with a line backed up to the door which is where that whole "you box it, we ship it" movement has come from. They want to reduce their retail footprint even more by standardizing parcel sizes for ease of use.

Yea, a lot of e-tailers use UPS and FedEx, but craigslist and the such often involve the USPS and this is significant. Also a lot of smaller businesses still use USPS to ship mail-order products.