Health Care Thread

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't know. I don't waste my time yelling at them, or giving them a hard time. I ask them if they know the answer and can fix the problem and start off with hey how are you doing today. Once they get to the point they obviously don't know and have no desire to find out, I just go around them and find the next person. I literally have better shit to do than sit there and listen to them say 15 times "I don't know how to make the computer even show me your info" or "I don't know, ummm I don't know, ummm I don't know" at that point that person is of no help no matter how nice you are. If I call anyone and they start off sounding like a hood rat and talking "why you be calling" which is what one said. I just hang up and move on there's more people there that can answer the phone. I don't put up with that shit even stoping at the quickie mart.

It's only after I am off the phone with them do I say what a moron. You should hear my assistant, she doesn't dick around with them either and she's a lot more direct.

Like I said I finally got someone who could speak english and wanted to fix the problem and actually knew how.

"A case reviewer" called today and wanted to know why I refused to apply my tax credit (becuase they still can't verify income even tho they ask and apparently take your word on it) to my premium. You have the option to apply all, none or some. So I clicked none. I don't need it, don't deserve it, don't qualify for it etc...but apparently they can't let that go. He kept going on about how even if you don't qualify I should take it. I don't know if they work on comission or what but it had that feeling. He literally wouldn't let it go. I finally told him "I'm going now, yes I don't want to apply any of the tax credit to my premium" and he was still trying to sell me on it when I hung up. I wonder how many people are just going to say yes and then get screwed at tax time.

Disp_sl

shitlord
[In fact, with how you've come off here, I wouldn't be shocked if they took you as inebriated on the phone - I wonder if there's rules against signing someone up for a policy while they seem under the influence - any idea on that Disp?]
Dunno honestly haha. It's probably fine since the policy doesn't start for a few weeks after they enroll, and they still have to pay the premium.

Borzak

Website appears up, till you hit the login button.

I feel sorry for the people that have no other option or their life depends on it. I thought they fixed all this months ago.

Anyway I'm just going to go with Cobra. I only need it for a few months anyway.

healthcare2_zps422c81d6.jpg

Borzak

Dunno honestly haha. It's probably fine since the policy doesn't start for a few weeks after they enroll, and they still have to pay the premium.
Up to six weeks, which seems like a long time but I'm guessing if you take anybody at almost any time depending on their circumstances you need something in there to keep people from getting it the day before they go in the hospital for something.

Borzak

Well hello Cobra, the ACA website lost all of the applications from last Monday up to this morning and anyone would have to start over.

A large potion of the login information for users was lost as well.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My girlfriend has the insurance through ACA because she works at a start-up without insurance right now. Her assigned doctor referred her to an allergist who has been dead for seven years. Now they're all confused on what to do next.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
My girlfriend has the insurance through ACA because she works at a start-up without insurance right now. Her assigned doctor referred her to an allergist who has been dead for seven years. Now they're all confused on what to do next.
Seems like an easy solution, find one that's actually still practicing?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seems like an easy solution, find one that's actually still practicing?
Not to mention it's not actually an ACA problem - that's a problem with the insurance provider - the ACA didn't create ANY new insurance providers. So if one's doing something stupid, it's because that insurance provider is stupid - not because of the ACA.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Received an email from CoveredCA this morning regarding next year's rates:

Rates for 2015 came in at a low increase over last year. As a result, the vast majority of Covered California consumers will see a small increase in their premiums, while others will see no increase, and still others may experience a decrease.

The statewide weighted average[1] rate of increase was 4.2 percent.Some plans offering weighted average rates that are 8.5 percent lower than current pricing. While premiums may be shifting for some areas and products, the benefits will not be changing.

90 percent of members currently enrolled in health insurance plans through Covered California are receiving federal subsidies, or premium assistance, to help reduce their overall costs. In most areas of the state, the amount of premium assistance that individuals receive in 2015 will either increase or remain very close to 2014 premium assistance amounts.
Looks promising so far.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Open enrollment starting up in a month, and renewals can be processed in a week or so. How has this been for everyone so far? Everything in healthcare moves and is processed slowly, but after the enrollment struggles were over most of my clients have been very happy so far. Did my pseudo renewal today (renewal submissions are down in Ca. until next week, but it lets you go all the way to submission) and it was very easy.

Still some issues with the system; mostly how long it takes to process any changes.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Curious if anyone knows the answer to this. Are you required to take Employer coverage if it is offered, or can you opt to use ACA supplied?

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Curious if anyone knows the answer to this. Are you required to take Employer coverage if it is offered, or can you opt to use ACA supplied?
You just wouldn't be eligible for a subsidy through ACA if you decline employer coverage afaik.