Hearthstone

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its no different than getting a secret off a cabal card discover as like a priest or lock. Don't see why you shouldn't be able to discover them, just might be only paladin from the card's class restriction.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just watched a friend play on rank 7 with his dragon priest against another dragon priest.

Netherspite historian: if you are holding a dragon, discover drakonid operative.
Drakonid operative: if you are holding a dragon, discover netherspite historian

repeat
repeat
repeat

what a stupid game lol

• 1Like

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
  1. Kf9daLY.png

Random cast I guess? Seems pretty good if you can choose. Unless you are dead to lolfacefuckmeta by the time you play it.

Yeah, I'd assume random too. If that's the case the only one that would make the card unplayable is fire, no immediate effect with earth too, but at least its still a decent effect, fire is just pointless unless you use it as a 25% chance of lethal.
  2. The hearthpwn article for this guy states "By the way, you do get to choose which one casts." Soooo... pretty good card imo.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Its no different than getting a secret off a cabal card discover as like a priest or lock. Don't see why you shouldn't be able to discover them, just might be only paladin from the card's class restriction.

Kabal is tri-class and specifically states "Dicover a Mage, Priest, or Warlock card". And Mage is a Secret class, so of course you can discover mage secrets.

"Discover" on its own is supposed to be "Class+Neutral" cards only.

Every other discover except Finders Keepers has been generic enough that the condition can always be met: "Discover a 1 drop, Discover a spell, Discover a minion, etc."

When you "Discover a spell" as a class, you are only presented with YOUR class spells.

So where this card differs is that it's "Discover a secret", so as a Paladin you can only discover paladin secrets.

Question then becomes: How does it work with non-secret classes.. since we should assume Mage & Hunter will discover Mage & Hunter secrets respectively.

I gotta believe that Discover can't "fizzle" simply by the fact Finders Keeper will let you choose a Shaman spell, so seems reasonable you'll get presented ANY secret from this card, but who honestly knows? Hearthstone has proven to be anything but consistent.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
sMORC Rogue Quest is all I see here... but you need to put in Ferryman, Shadowstep, Brewmasters, etc... which are going to suck in a smorc deck.

However, if you do complete the quest and can drop some 5/5 Argent Squires and crap then... cool?

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rogue continues to get absolute dogshit, holy fuck what are they doing with that class?

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Rogue continues to get absolute dogshit, holy fuck what are they doing with that class?

I don't agree that it's dogshit, I actually think there is potential here for a new Rogue cancer deck. It's just a matter of how consistent, which there are certainly many tools available in the Rogue arsenal... 4 copies could happen quickly with a god-draw and then the game ends pretty fast in most cases I'd think.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The guys creating content in this game just aren't good enough. They just don't have the chops to prevent issues and make the game balanced. The new anti-pirate card? Perfect in aggro pirate. They continue to fuck up because providing extremely powerful 1 and 2 drops in a game with just 30 life is retarded....and they are retarded. On the other end, they completely neuter powerful high end drops with jade decks. You don't even need much to make one. I made a competent jade druid on day 1 of gadget. Who ever thought giving a recurring 1 cost spell the power to drop 10/10s and up was a good idea? Losing Brann helps...a little. Have they shown anything yet to shit on that deck besides aggro, Dragon priest and other decks that won't be around or as powerful? It's not like they haven't murdered some of the most powerful control cards...while maintaining a cheap control killer that isn't even an aggro or true midrange deck. Blizzard has all that money...and obviously not spending much on this beyond colorful graphics and shitty cards.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The insane relative power of 1 drops to the rest of the curve is certainly an issue. The general power balance over the whole game is kinda dumb too. So many cards are blatantly awful for no reason (see: new rogue legendary) that may have an interesting effect but never get used. RNG is OK in some cases but the broadness of RNG in almost every card is too insane. When the RNG is effectively "win the game, lose the game, or do nothing" at roughly equal chances, that's terrible design, and that's what a ton of it boils down do when you analyze it. Rag and Syl weren't too bad when there was no expansion because they were basically the entire RNG of the game, and their effects were also somewhat playable around. Every expansion since has vastly increased the number of RNG cards and the unpredictability and potential of those effects at the same time.

Look at that Shaman elemental guy. That's actually a GOOD card, pretty well designed. None of those effects are overwhelming on their own, and the fact you can chose is the difference between a terrible design and a good one. If it was RNG it may or may not see play and would just be another dumb thing out of your control.

Discover was cited as a good design, still some RNG but with choice, and I would partially agree except the power difference potential for most discover options are still too huge to predict or play around.

So, the power level of 1 drops is too high, enabling aggro to have very few counters. The potential of RNG to be either game-losing or game-winning is too ubiquitous, taking agency out of players' hands. And the power of "interesting" cards is almost non-existent, discouraging people from experimenting with deck design. Oh, and ladder rewards winning and losing as fast as possible, further discouraging experimentation.

So that's what you're working with, I guess.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Building around the Rogue quest gives me this so far, but what I find neat with this quest is that it's really not so straightforward compared to other quests. You can load up on bounce & mimic abilities for consistency, or you take the other route and try a long game with just 2x Shadowstep and keep out the other "bad" cards.

Anyway, I went the consistency path but clearly deck quality suffers:

Rogue Test

Overall, probably sucks dick, and if it doesn't, it lacks any defense or board control. So it's not a type of deck I like playing... but it's a first draft and it makes me question how viable the Rogue quest really is.

Also, mimic pod seems really bad. I put 1 in just for the 50% chance to draw a cheap minion, but it's expensive and doesn't help on board at all.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I find it funny that they are pushing some kind of Rogue control deck with their quest yet they don't seem to realise that 5/5s won't do shit against the barrage of 5+/5+ golems that Jade Druid shits out for 1 mana.

Thank God i quit this game over a month ago. Nothing released so far tells me that Blizzard has any idea wtf they are doing. Look at both Shaman legendaries. 7 mana 8/8 that can board clear, smorc, heal or give board control. 5 mana 8/8 over stated minion with no overload that replenishes your hand so they don't run out of steam if they play smorc. Yeah, Shamans really needed those cards.

You then compare those to that piece of shit Rogue legendary

Fuck this

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I find it funny that they are pushing some kind of Rogue control deck with their quest yet they don't seem to realise that 5/5s won't do shit against the barrage of 5+/5+ golems that Jade Druid shits out for 1 mana.

Yes, Jades are stupid broken, but comments like this make me :rolleyes:
Druids aren't casting 1 mana 5/5+ jades until pretty damn late in the game. Jade Druid only really counters SLOW-as-fucking-balls control decks... like Reno... which is commonly played right now but is rotating.

---------

Regarding the Rogue Quest Reward, what's also fun is that you need to actually do 5+ damage in a single hit or the Rogue minions won't die.

• 1Like

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Also, as long as Rogue doesn't have some kind of decent heal and board clear, they will never be a good control class. Not to mention the complete lack of good weapon cards that Blade Flurry died for because of 'LOL DESIGN SPACE!!1!'

Fucking facepalm

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having to play a five mana spell that does nothing immediately in order to make future minions after turn 5+ be 5/5's is pretty fucking slow too. Lots slower than jades, plenty of jade cards at least do SOMETHING else that turn, however minimal.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Having to play a five mana spell that does nothing immediately in order to make future minions after turn 5+ be 5/5's is pretty fucking slow too. Lots slower than jades, plenty of jade cards at least do SOMETHING else that turn, however minimal.
Prep! :D

(it does effect whatever's on your board at the time, if anything)

edit: just realized @a_skeleton_03 put in code to show the card when you hover the text, cool :D

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, fair enough I didn't really consider how it changes your board. That does make it a little better but still seems like the worst quest mechanic so far.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The question is, what the fuck does the rogue quest even reward? Like, rogue has no way to repeatedly swarm the board. Very limited draw options, most of which are too slow/late game for 5/5s to muster up, no zoo-like options at all really, LoE is rotating out so can't even gamble on changing your hero power to Pally or Lock, and when you have to dedicate a bunch of your deck to completing a quest that gives you... what, exactly, you're already hurting.

Seriously, what power do you gain from your minions being 5/5? You can beat up aggro minions, but tempo/midrange can probably beat you WITHOUT a quest because better card value, and control will beat you because 5/5s mean nothing in that matchup more likely than not.

It's the same question that you have to ask about the rogue legendary... what do you gain from a 5/3 with no ability?

• 1Like

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Also, mimic pod seems really bad. I put 1 in just for the 50% chance to draw a cheap minion, but it's expensive and doesn't help on board at all.

Mimic is a bad card.

Thistle Tea is a shit card that isn't played in any decks. Mimic is a mini Thistle Tea and also does nothing on the turn it is played and cannot be played on curve since you will get out tempoed unless you combo it with a prep but that is just dumb.

• 1Like