Hearthstone

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Building around the Rogue quest gives me this so far, but what I find neat with this quest is that it's really not so straightforward compared to other quests. You can load up on bounce & mimic abilities for consistency, or you take the other route and try a long game with just 2x Shadowstep and keep out the other "bad" cards.

Anyway, I went the consistency path but clearly deck quality suffers:

Rogue Test

Overall, probably sucks dick, and if it doesn't, it lacks any defense or board control. So it's not a type of deck I like playing... but it's a first draft and it makes me question how viable the Rogue quest really is.

Also, mimic pod seems really bad. I put 1 in just for the 50% chance to draw a cheap minion, but it's expensive and doesn't help on board at all.

Maybe include that 5 cost guy that makes 2 duplicate copies of himself? I still think it is too complicated to make an effective strategy...I'm not one for pounding square pegs into round holes. You'd be dead by the time you made it work against most decks. If you could fit some type of OTK into it...That would be another thing entirely.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
There are 3 minions with charge that cost 1 mana.
Just saying....

I'm not sold on the quest but I think comparing to Jade is so dumb. Jades can't charge and Jade plan is late game whereas Rogue will want to get the quest done ASAP to win game. So basically you need a 1 mana minion + 2x bounces (ideally Shadowstep)... Mimic is a bad card but can give you a chance to finish the quest turn 4/5 if you're lucky. Mimic for 2x 1 mana minions, have 2x bounce cards ready to go.. so turn 4 you 2x 1 mana minion, 2x bounce .. if 2x Shadowstep then you can finish quest turn 4, otherwise you finish on 5 with 3 mana left for prep+quest or whatever.

CONSISTENCY is going to be the main question here for sure. You NEED to finish it by turn 5 at the latest imo.

Edit:
Maybe include that 5 cost guy that makes 2 duplicate copies of himself? I still think it is too complicated to make an effective strategy...I'm not one for pounding square pegs into round holes. You'd be dead by the time you made it work against most decks. If you could fit some type of OTK into it...That would be another thing entirely.

SUMMON doesn't count, you must play from hand. Doppleganger would count as 1

• 1Like

Neki

Molten Core Raider
The rogue will need a god draw to complete the quest by turn 5 and even then, we would run into the issue of card draw since we are blowing our load on shadowstepping and bouncing.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Building around the Rogue quest gives me this so far, but what I find neat with this quest is that it's really not so straightforward compared to other quests. You can load up on bounce & mimic abilities for consistency, or you take the other route and try a long game with just 2x Shadowstep and keep out the other "bad" cards.

Anyway, I went the consistency path but clearly deck quality suffers:

Rogue Test

Overall, probably sucks dick, and if it doesn't, it lacks any defense or board control. So it's not a type of deck I like playing... but it's a first draft and it makes me question how viable the Rogue quest really is.

Also, mimic pod seems really bad. I put 1 in just for the 50% chance to draw a cheap minion, but it's expensive and doesn't help on board at all.
IMO this quest is just, load up your deck with charge minions. Hit face, bounce them, hit face more, then after you play the quest reward your shitty little charge minions are now 5/5 charge minions and just kill your opponent.

Rogue - Deckbuilder - HearthPwn

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Players theory craft better cards and mechanics than this shit Blizz, what the actual fuck with the rogue design man.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The rogue will need a god draw to complete the quest by turn 5 and even then, we would run into the issue of card draw since we are blowing our load on shadowstepping and bouncing.

The dream is 2x Swashburgler+2x Shadowstep

Can finish turn 2.

But yea.. I'm torn about consistency. With 7 bounce effects, and if you keep 1-2 on the mull, you should potentially get it finished rather easily since you'll likely have a bunch of 1 mana minions you'll draw into at some point. Getting it finished past turn 5 might not be the end of the world if you're able to keep removing their board, it just starts to get sketchy by turn 6.

IMO this quest is just, load up your deck with charge minions. Hit face, bounce them, hit face more, then after you play the quest reward your shitty little charge minions are now 5/5 charge minions and just kill your opponent.

Rogue - Deckbuilder - HearthPwn

When going through the cards I actually thought Xaril was rotating out...
I don't think you want that expensive weapon. I didn't add Cold Bloods in mine because the quest effect negates the buff, but if you're just sMORC'ing then sure.. I think you need Auctioneer if you have Cold Bloods though. Reason I added Sprint over Auctioneer is cause you kinda need to hoard cards to do this quest, with cold bloods you can just miracle and hit face for 100.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The dream is 2x Swashburgler+2x Shadowstep

Can finish turn 2.

But yea.. I'm torn about consistency. With 7 bounce effects, and if you keep 1-2 on the mull, you should potentially get it finished rather easily since you'll likely have a bunch of 1 mana minions you'll draw into at some point. Getting it finished past turn 5 might not be the end of the world if you're able to keep removing their board, it just starts to get sketchy by turn 6.

When going through the cards I actually thought Xaril was rotating out...
I don't think you want that expensive weapon. I didn't add Cold Bloods in mine because the quest effect negates the buff, but if you're just sMORC'ing then sure.. I think you need Auctioneer if you have Cold Bloods though. Reason I added Sprint over Auctioneer is cause you kinda need to hoard cards to do this quest, with cold bloods you can just miracle and hit face for 100.

This reasoning by the development team just shows how they aren't learning anything. Your best case scenario is hoping you get the set of shadowsteps and a set of one of your cheap creatures. Then, hopefully, you can play your 5 mana spell, and start wiping them out by turn 6 with the rest of your limited hand(or a lucky draw of auctioneer?). This is while you somehow maintain a decent board while having poor board-clearing and health gaining options while your deck is full of cheap creatures. Sounds fun as hell...

Random, luck-based play hopefully getting you wins against other people hoping their random decks give them wins. No wonder Lifecoach quit.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I feel bad for all the people that are going to buy some packs, craft some cards, build some decks, and get wrecked by Pirate Warrior all night.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I feel like the Rogue Quest was specifically designed for DaneHearthstone's youtube channel. He has a shit ton of videos of Bran+Shadowcaster shenanigans.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I feel bad for all the people that are going to buy some packs, craft some cards, build some decks, and get wrecked by Pirate Warrior all night.
I feel bad for pirate warriors that are going to get crushed by 30-taunt decks.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Kinda interesting, but seems bad with injured Kvaldir rotating out.
Upside from Camel is it only pulls from your deck.
Great way to thin out your deck, which always seems relevant, especially in aggro oriented decks.

It's just so expensive but I could see it being tried. The 1 drops that might be most ideal would be Fiery Bat and Secretkeeper. It would have been really good with Kvaldir imo.

636258656816265514.png

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
uh... it's draw, not play, so it's pointless with injured Kvaldir. Camel is also only from your deck. It's a 5-cost 3/5 that draws two cards if they're still in your deck. It's... probably too weak for constructed, by a lot. It's not even a beast. It's potentially good for arena though.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
uh... it's draw, not play, so it's pointless with injured Kvaldir. Camel is also only from your deck. It's a 5-cost 3/5 that draws two cards if they're still in your deck. It's... probably too weak for constructed, by a lot. It's not even a beast. It's potentially good for arena though.

Oh lol.. I read "1 cost card from deck" and thought they were beefing up camel effect lmao. This card is trash then

edit: Camel is not just from your deck btw

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh I thought you meant from deck vs. completely random. Yea camel pulls from opponent deck too.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even with taunt it would be kinda mediocre. I guess they decided hunter lacks draw and Drake is rotating out of the five slot? Pretty weak for a class card. If it simply drew two random cards MAYBE, even then that cost and stats are a little bleh.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Even with taunt it would be kinda mediocre. I guess they decided hunter lacks draw and Drake is rotating out of the five slot? Pretty weak for a class card. If it simply drew two random cards MAYBE, even then that cost and stats are a little bleh.
Yea I was kinda expecting Taunt on this. 5 mana 3/5 is poor and 1-drops aren't exactly a priority by turn 6. Though getting them out of your deck so you can draw your bigger shit is nice...
Discussions I've seen rates this card mostly trash unless Hunter quest involves 1-drops somehow.

• 1Like