Hearthstone

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
So last night I went against a priest who put down a northshire cleric on turn 1. This is normal play so I coined and put down a fairy dragon and I then proceeded to watch him to try use his removal card on my fairy dragon to no luck obviously. Realizing I had lethal on the greatest card ever in his deck on turn 1, he conceded.

My mind was blown.
What mode? Arena, Ranked or Casual? Quitting over little things isn't uncommon in Casual, since there is 0 consequence.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
The first thing I do with any match up is to squelch my opponent regardless of who they are.

In your case, you spend the last turn spamming "I'm Sorry" over and over again until the timer is about to run out and then hit him for lethal.
Completely agree on the instant squelch. Nothing is more annoying then RandomPlayer001 who copied the FOTM hunter deck and is spamming "I'm sorry!" every turn whether or not he's actually winning.

On a site note does anyone else find themselves wondering what the fuck is going on with some people. How can turns 1-4 possibly take the entire allotted time? I swear every time I play this game I lose a little faith in humanity. I believe Krip made a video about this problem as well. I really wish Nozdormu was weaker with a five mana cost or something, so that I could innervate him out early to screw with these idiots.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I think I'm pretty happy with this draft. I bet I go 2-3.
rrr_img_57714.jpg

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
4 Swipes and a Ysera, nice.

I just drafted:

Innervate
Claw x2
Elven Archer
Mark of the Wild
Power of the Wild x3
Knife Juggler
Kobold Geomancer
Loot Hoarder
Savage Roar
Acolyte of Pain
Flesheating Ghoul
Jungle Panther
Raging Worgen
Wolfrider
Swipe x2
Silvermoon Guardian
Spellbreaker
Starfall x2
Azure Drake
Druid of the Claw x2
Starfire
Archmage
Ironbark Protector
Sea Giant

And am 3-0 so far. To make this deck, I followedAntiGrav1tys Arena Draft Tiers v2.1 || twitch.tv/antigrav1tyto the letter. I always drafted the better ranked card with the one exception being I took Acolyte of Pain over Cult Master about midway through the draft. Also, later on I took Innervate which isn't on the list at all so I made the decision to take it over 2 other awful cards, it was really a no brainer when I took it. I might try to assign this deck a numeric value based on the location of each card drafted from this link and compare each drafted deck to each other to see if any other bigger patterns emerge.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Okay, just started Beta...Do we keep our cards after it goes to live? Or will there be a wipe? (Except of course if you spend cash and get that gold card.)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh yeah that reminds me I had a zero swipe druid deck last night too. Think I managed to scrape out 3 wins though. Had nothing but shit drafts last night, but managed to take the first shit draft to 9 wins so the game punished me with 3 even worse drafts.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
And am 3-0 so far. To make this deck, I followedAntiGrav1tys Arena Draft Tiers v2.1 || twitch.tv/antigrav1tyto the letter. I always drafted the better ranked card with the one exception being I took Acolyte of Pain over Cult Master about midway through the draft. Also, later on I took Innervate which isn't on the list at all so I made the decision to take it over 2 other awful cards, it was really a no brainer when I took it. I might try to assign this deck a numeric value based on the location of each card drafted from this link and compare each drafted deck to each other to see if any other bigger patterns emerge.
Innervate is there in pink. I think that means "it depends". I grabbed mine over 2 shit cards, hopefully it's helpful.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Innervate is there in pink. I think that means "it depends". I grabbed mine over 2 shit cards, hopefully it's helpful.
Sure enough. Jesus that means I must have overlooked it like 50 times. Wow...

Anyway, I'm 4-0 now. My other idea was to also assign each deck drafted this way another numeric value; its value in dust. It might be interesting to see a comparison of Dust vs Usefulness in numbers. If multiple people drafted this way and recorded their numbers, we could all prolly make pretty graphs and charts and shit and become the ultimate force in Hearthstone. Just sayin.

So if you assign a point value to each card with 'Never Take' as worth 1 and 'Top' being worth 8, you can give your deck a value on a scale of 30 - 240. 30 (30 x Value1 Cards, the worst possible draft) and 240 (30 x Value8 Cards, the best possible draft). I decided to fold 'Always Pick' into 'Top' so they are both worth 8. In this case, my above Druid deck has a value of 179. Compare that to its dust value and repeat with each deck enough times until the data can reveal whatever it is that it will reveal. If I was a nerd, I would program this.

*Edit
This sounds like a perfect job for the Korea is best Korea E-Sim crowd. Most of those guys were programmers anyway I think. I say we collectively take a core sample of the real meta-game of Hearthstone drafting!

rrr_img_57716.jpg

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I think I'm pretty happy with this draft. I bet I go 2-3.
rrr_img_57714.jpg
4-3. And I only had 1 misplay which probably wouldn't have made a difference. Let a soul of the forest sit in my hand to put a worgen on the board once.

My card draw was just not there. Didn't have the cards I needed when I needed them.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
5-2 now. When Priests play your own Starfires and Druid of the Claws against you, it makes you want to hurt things.

Ended 5-3. A Hunter and Two Priests. Got another Feral Spirit for my favorite constructed deck though.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wife had a hilarious arena the other day - Swipe x3 + Alarmo-Bot + Malygos - led to some pretty amusing matches the few times everything came together. (She also had 3 of the 8/8 taunt trees, so the alarm-o-bot was a champ for the build)

Swipe + Malygos is just hilarious.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
So. Sitting in a ranked match. My opponent dies as soon as it's my turn. It's been his turn for going on eleven minutes now. Will post screen shots in a couple minutes showing two timestamps on the same turn minutes apart.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not seen it happen myself yet - but seen it reported (maybe in this thread last page or so? Not much other HS stuff I read) - so not sure how it appears when it occurs.

Interestingly I played the same guy earlier (I guess I bumped him down in rank he was 16 playing me at 15 earlier) I think - or something damn close, don't take notes in Constructed - if it was him he didn't abuse the bug though.

vulken3_sl

shitlord
Just went 6-3 man I am happy lol. Been stuck going 1-3 forever.

Been watching alot of good players on youtube to get a mindset with guys like trump.

Anyways as always have fun you all.