Hearthstone

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess its debatable how well that could work, but I really don't see Blizzard doing any such thing anyway.

khalid

Unelected Mod
People need to go to a doctor if their ADD is too hard for them to wait 30 seconds a turn in this game.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only time I still get ragey over it is if they really don't have many options. Seriously dude three cards and you have no minions and I have two???

I'm overall not as annoyed with it in general though because I plan my game out more than I used to so I'm not always sitting there just waiting.

vulken3_sl

shitlord
Had a guy wait for fuse to run out after making a play first two turns, but I guess a glitch caught him and every turn he had after the fuse started.

O well maybe karma ? Anyone else ever see that before ?

Northerner

N00b
Just throw it into the matchmaking formula. I imagine they already track average time taken per turn (or could if they wanted to) so just try to match people based on how long they take.

Fast players would get fast ones (on average) and slow fucks can go play in the ball pit with their peers.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So slow queue times down for everyone by making the matchmaking pool smaller just to help ADD kids? No thanks.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Had a guy wait for fuse to run out after making a play first two turns, but I guess a glitch caught him and every turn he had after the fuse started.

O well maybe karma ? Anyone else ever see that before ?
That's not a glitch. If they don't play any actions and the timer runs out the fuse will begin immediately every turn afterwards until they make an action before ending the turn.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
People need to go to a doctor if their ADD is too hard for them to wait 30 seconds a turn in this game.
90s. Its the principle of the matter, being an asshat by using 90s every turn to hope your opponent concedes out of boredom should not be a viable strat in the game.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some key notes from an interview with hearthstone's ep:
1. There will be new paid content, but it won't affect game balance. This includes new heroes for each classes (eg, you will be able to switch Grom the Warrior with Varian), new card backs. new game board, etc.
2. We won't consider adding non-WoW elements to HS.
3. We will observe and decide the duration of the open beta.
4. The new adventure mode might appear during open beta, new quests, several game stages and 10 to 20 new cards.
5. We will adjust the duration of monthly ladder according to open beta conditions.
6. More rewards will be added for the ladder, like the new card backs.
7. There will be Achievements!
8. Observer mode will be implemented once the game is stable.
9. 2v2 isn't in development currently because we're focusing on perfecting 1v1.
10. The PC client is already pretty stable and the iPad version will be released soon.
11. All cards are obtainable without paying. This is not going to change.
12. Cards balancing will be less frequent after open beta.
13. We are currently developing death knight and monk but we can't reveal too much.
14. An expansion pack is planned. There will be between 100 and 200 new cards.
15. We will not follow the Magic the gathering way of releasing new cards.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Damn that's some nice changes, hopefully the expansion and additional classes happen within 6 months or so.

How frequently do other CCG's add card updates?

khalid

Unelected Mod
So the retards who take the full turn for 3-4 cards think that people who dont have ADD?
No, but people acting like there is an epidemic of people taking long turns and it is a huge problem in this game do have ADD.

I rarely have people take excessive turns on me and only very rarely do you run into some troll taking his max turns everytime to be a douche. Also, it is quite often that you might take quite a bit of time to think about a turn. I regularly see Kripp or Trump go down to the wire.

So yeah, it isn't a major problem and I don't want some weird fucking new queue matching system or the turn timer lowered because of it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damn that's some nice changes, hopefully the expansion and additional classes happen within 6 months or so.

How frequently do other CCG's add card updates?
I think MTG has settled into 3.5 expansions a year, 1 new expansion cycle of 3 every year, and a new core set every other year.

Pokemon looks like 4 a year. Yugioh is 4 a year.

*edit*

Seeing as how it's Blizzard, I think we'd be lucky to get 1 new set of cards a year.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
No, but people acting like there is an epidemic of people taking long turns and it is a huge problem in this game do have ADD.

I rarely have people take excessive turns on me and only very rarely do you run into some troll taking his max turns everytime to be a douche. Also, it is quite often that you might take quite a bit of time to think about a turn. I regularly see Kripp or Trump go down to the wire.

So yeah, it isn't a major problem and I don't want some weird fucking new queue matching system or the turn timer lowered because of it.
I certainly wouldn't advocate changing the game in order to combat the retards out there, but I also feel you're being pretty misleading. Kripp and Trump go down to the wire on like turn 7 when they have several cards in hand and are thinking their turn 8 and 9 through depending on the multiple responses their enemy could play. They aren't sitting there on turn 3 going "Dirka dirk, I think I'll uhhhh... Hmmmmmm... I'll play a uhhhh..... Blood Knight!" (Which later on you find out is their only 3 mana card!) Brilliant!

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I think MTG has settled into 3.5 expansions a year, 1 new expansion cycle of 3 every year, and a new core set every other year.

Pokemon looks like 4 a year. Yugioh is 4 a year.

*edit*

Seeing as how it's Blizzard, I think we'd be lucky to get 1 new set of cards a year.
Damn, that is a lot of cards... yeah, one set a year sounds about right.

Dis

Confirmed Male
I only tend to get annoyed when they have like 3 or less cards and they take a long turn. Other than that who cars. And really, who cares that I get annoyed. I am over it after the game ends, it is not like I can rage spam some emote. /shrug

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Damn, that is a lot of cards... yeah, one set a year sounds about right.
No way. MTGs release cycle is the only reason the game doesn't stagnate. There tends do be just enough time between sets entering the formats for the meta to change a couple times without actually having a format with only one or two viable decks. Hearthstone NEEDS more cards. A lot more cards. Theres just not too much there ATM. Stuff like demolisher, ancient watcher, auchenai soul priest is awesome but the power level of cards is so high its hard for interesting cards without an immediate effect to be viable.

Column_sl

shitlord
So how do they balance in MTG, do they just add more cards to overcome the OP shit?

If the devs say they will no longer make sweeping nerfs/buffs what is there alternative...

an accordion_sl

shitlord
No way. MTGs release cycle is the only reason the game doesn't stagnate. There tends do be just enough time between sets entering the formats for the meta to change a couple times without actually having a format with only one or two viable decks. Hearthstone NEEDS more cards. A lot more cards. Theres just not too much there ATM. Stuff like demolisher, ancient watcher, auchenai soul priest is awesome but the power level of cards is so high its hard for interesting cards without an immediate effect to be viable.
I meant sounds about right for Blizzard. Quarterly updates would be fun as hell, but I just don't see it happening with their development time.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well while it would be good for those that PAID for it - 100-200 cards every 3 months would be impossible for anyone going F2P to keep up with, so it's pretty obvious with them wanting F2P to be viable why they'd steer clear of going that quickly.