Hearthstone

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh and the longer I play the more the skill factor becomes apparent. Yeah there's times when a game can go all random luck, but overall playing well is going to beat playing poorly. So is proper deck building versus shit decks. Even without chat I can feel the mutual respect in a close game. You just hate to fucking lose, and you call the game imbalanced rather than admit tons of people are just better than you. Hunter is barely just barely a bit overpowered right now, but not even too badly compared to some of the other shit we've seen in the meta so far. Really no other class is all that much more superior or crippled than another.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
No, you ARE being a little bitch Lumie. If the game sucks so much then gtfo of the thread and never come back. What you don't get is that you are going through the same cycle of discovery that the rest of us who were in closed beta for a while have seen 50 times already. No one cares. And who the fuck disconnects this much? Get better broadband? Do you play across the street from Starbucks on their WiFi or some shit? I've never lost a game due to a D/C. Ever.
Are you seriously trying to say it's me and not Hearthstone? Do you think I'd even be saying if it weren't entirely Blizzard's fault? I live in a pretty fucking well off area and have probably the most stable and fastest internet available in the country. I NEVER get dc'd playing shit. Like EVER.

Even though it's clear you all have Blizzards dick lodged in your throat but someone please answer this question though.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD IT COUNT AS A LOSS AND NOT JUST CONTINUE THE FUCKING GAME WHERE IT LEFT OFF? WHAT FUCKING GAME HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED THAT HAS DONE THIS?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First of all, so far every single DC has been hearthstones fault you fucking idiot. Second of all, WHY THE FUCK WOULD IT COUNT AS A LOSS AND NOT JUST CONTINUE THE FUCKING GAME WHERE IT LEFT OFF? Is Blizzards dick so far down your throat that you can't come up with a good logical fucking reason for something so unfuckingbelievably retarded?
What if your opponent is offline? You want them to just freeze two people's arenas indefinitely, essentially giving a free do-over to anyone who pulls their plug? You should be perma banned from this thread, and not because of your gripes or opinions but because you are fucking flying off the handle at anyone who disagrees with you. Go seek medication you fucking nutcase.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its not fucking Hearthstone. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE HAVING THIS PROBLEM!!! You think we are just lying to cover for Blizzard? I've never had my client crash mid game. Never. I've rarely, like maybe three total times, won a game to someone "leaving" and I assumed it was on their connection's end.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
What if your opponent is offline? You want them to just freeze two people's arenas indefinitely, essentially giving a free do-over to anyone who pulls their plug? You should be perma banned from this thread, and not because of your gripes or opinions but because you are fucking flying off the handle at anyone who disagrees with you. Go seek medication you fucking nutcase.
I came back to the game within 60 fucking seconds you stupid fucking cunt. It's called a grace period you dumb fucking waste of life. I should be given a certain amount of time to return to the match otherwise it is declared a forfeit. You're telling me giving dc'd players 2 minutes to return is a big fucking deal? Holy fuck you're retarded. I sincerely hope you fucking die irl.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Its not fucking Hearthstone. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE HAVING THIS PROBLEM!!! You think we are just lying to cover for Blizzard? I've never had my client crash mid game. Never. I've rarely, like maybe three total times, won a game to someone "leaving" and I assumed it was on their connection's end.
HOW IS IT ME WHEN THE ONLY THING THAT STOPS WORKING IS HEARTHSTONE AND NOT THE FUCKING OTHER SHIT I HAVE STREAMING THAT DOESN'T DC AT THE SAME TIME AS I DC FROM HEARTHSTONE YOU STUPID FUCKING WASTE OF LIFE. OTHER PEOPLE HAVE ADMITTED TO IT HAPPENING TO THEM TO YOU STUPID FUCK SO IT'S OBVIOUSLY NOT JUST ME, JUST HAPPENING MORE FREQUENT TO ME FOR WHATEVER REASON.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People are already sick of waiting for 90 second turns. I don't want to wait for two god damn minutes for some kid on dial up and a Wal Mart special to get back in game only for it to happen again two more times. Fuck you and your shitty wireless. Any time some little bitch was losing they'd disconnect hoping I'd concede in boredom. Fuck that. I've lost hours upon hours of EQ planar corpse runs due to a random linkdeath of a healer, I think I can handle losing a fucking arena match here and there.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Been playing since November. I haven't disconnected a single time. I must be a retard and doing something wrong...

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Dude you need to do society a fucking favor and fucking die. People like you are the biggest fucking wastes of life imaginable. I sincerely hope more than anything that a drunk driver fucking murders you.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dude you need to do society a fucking favor and fucking die. People like you are the biggest fucking wastes of life imaginable. I sincerely hope more than anything that a drunk driver fucking murders you.
frown.png
I thought we were friends?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Also been playing for like 4 months and haven't just randomly disconnected at all, ever. I had it freeze on me maybe 2 or 3 times total.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I honestly could give a shit what they nerf/buff on cards. That's the only thing that seems to get the meta going in different directions.
Which isn't true. When mage freeze was big, the druid/pally decks showed up with heals and were wrecking it.

Wtf happened to Luminati and his jimmies

Column_sl

shitlord
Which isn't true. When mage freeze was big, the druid/pally decks showed up with heals and were wrecking it.
Except that mage meta still existed even tho another meta became popular to counter it.

That is just how the game progresses within a patch.
Eventually it will stagnate

The huge difference is when the game changes it's cards metas get benched completely.
I.E. it forces the meta to completely change.

Lets look at it by Beta Cycle.

Beta 1 - Rogues and Druids were unbeatable
Beta 2 - Mages, Hunters and Priests
Beta 3 - Locks, Rogues, Druids, OTK wars
Beta 4 - Hunters, Lock Giant, and Control Druids

Each cycle were they have changed cards has changed the gameplay completely. If it came more boring, or if it was faster was due to the changes.
If you played in any of those phases they are drastically different.

If they decide they want to to stop adjusting cards which is what they said in there keynote, that game will become boring within a month.
That's why crying over nerfed/buffed cards is retarded imho.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I don't mind if Blizzard adjusts cards for balance purposes. My, fundamental, problem with Blizzard's approach to balance is that they've admitted that changes aren't done based on statistics or analysis of what is really overpowered or not. They balance around "fun" and making the game "interactive." To me that seems the wrong approach because they have no issues of taking a class that is already weak (such as Mages) and nerfing them further. It also gives the impression that if you cry on their forums really loud and shout "NO FUN!" that Blizzard will cave in and nerf that problem card for you.

For the lowest common denominator of players, there is no incentive for them to get better or try and figure out what they're doing wrong. These are the players that believe that you choose a Hero and must stick with that Hero regardless of the state of the game and that when they lose, they didn't do anything wrong. It was RNG. It was P2W. It was an overpowered card/class. One of those things beat them. It wasn't the fact that they had a terrible deck and made terrible plays. That thought never occurs to them.

So, sure, nerf a card if it's clearly out of balance but don't nerf a card because of a population segment thinks it's "unfun." Losing isn't fun. It's not supposed to be fun. But the good players can learn from their mistakes and get better and they can take satisfaction that they are getting better at the game. But these low common denominator players don't care about getting better, they just want Blizzard to cater to them. And the worst part is that Blizzard has shown that they're willing to cater to them so after they get their desired nerf, they lose to a new card/deck and go straight back to the forums and whine some more. Look at some of the most vociferous (can't believe I used that word today) whiners on their forums and browse their posting history. You'll see just that. They whine, get a card nerfed and move on to the next card, never getting better or satisfied that "balance" has been achieved.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lumie before you kill someone else blizzard has already said they are working on a reconnect feature, I suggest you leave until it is implemented so no one else has to get harmed.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I got bored of this game awhile back but thanks to Lumie looney tunes, I am enjoying this thread again.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Bwahaha. Lumie, lighten up buddy. Disconnects are rage-worthy and I had them off-and-on when I first started till I ditched my shit ass Brighthouse-supplied router. Turns out it loved randomly dropping me, and it only takes a second or so of no internet connectivity for the client to kick you.

I'd suggest checking your hardware. No lag in any other game isn't really a diagnosis, as different games either stream data through TCP (which you will not notice dropped packets) or UDP (which you will notice.)
As for the reconnect thing - it's in the works - no one is arguing against your point - being able to reconnect is a VITAL feature. Remember playing DOTA and getting disconnected? Too bad! DOTA2/HoN/LoL all implemented reconnect features for that reason. Hearthstone will follow suit - but its a BETA. Betas are allowed to not have 100% of the features you expect from a release product.