Hearthstone

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OK:

Chayes and Donais point to the druid class as an example of why this is necessary. The druid-exclusive Basic and Classic cards contain some extremely powerful spells and minions, which have continued to appear in virtually every successful druid deck since the game's launch. The team has known for some time that it would eventually have to address this. With rotation coming, it has begun talking about which cards are going to be "nerfed," or made considerably weaker, and druid is one of the key classes being discussed.

"I picked the Ancient of Lore and Keeper of the Grove," Donais admits. "Maybe those aren't the right choices." He reiterates that Blizzard has not yet determined for sure which cards will be undergoing changes; these are just his personal choices.
I imagine that guy gets voted down on Keeper at least.

"I imagine a big problem right now is that you can't print face cards," Trump says. The face cards he refers to are designed simply to deal damage directly to an opposing hero rather than to claim and maintain board presence. "Face decks are too good, and Leper Gnome and Knife Juggler are too good."

"If you had the option, you'd play 30 Leper Gnomes in a face deck," Kibler yells, to laughter and agreement from the rest of the room.

Donais confirms that Leper Gnome and Knife Juggler are two of the neutral minions being looked at by the team as they figure out which cards need to be rebalanced. Clearly the team and the community are on similar wavelengths about which cards are causing the most stagnation in Hearthstone.
So that sounds like, yeah yeah whatever we are "looking at" leper gnome too. Maybe they really are, I believe it with Juggler for sure though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What am I missing about Leper Gnome? Seems like an odd nerf target. Juggler and Lore have been on people's lists, but yeah I don't get Keeper either. Its fine as a class card.
Leper gnome has way too much damage potential for a 1 drop. The only thing that comes close (or possibly outdoes it) is Abusive Sergeant, but that's more because you can use the 2 damage to create a favorable trade instead of being forced to go face with it. and abusive requires another creature staying on the board for a turn. You don't need to nerf neutrals just because they're staples of an archetype, but you do need to look at them. Novice Engineer didn't need nerfed, Leper Gnome might need to be.

Classic cards that I think need nerf consideration

Force of Nature
Ancient of Lore
Freezing Trap
Prophet Velen
Doomhammer
Leper Gnome
Ironbeak Owl
Knife Juggler
Big Game Hunter

Column_sl

shitlord
Knife Juggler is stupid broken , the fact it took them this long to look at it is repulsive.

It used to be worse tho when it was a 2/3

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Leper gnome has way too much damage potential for a 1 drop. The only thing that comes close (or possibly outdoes it) is Abusive Sergeant, but that's more because you can use the 2 damage to create a favorable trade instead of being forced to go face with it. and abusive requires another creature staying on the board for a turn. You don't need to nerf neutrals just because they're staples of an archetype, but you do need to look at them. Novice Engineer didn't need nerfed, Leper Gnome might need to be.

Classic cards that I think need nerf consideration

Force of Nature
Ancient of Lore
Freezing Trap
Prophet Velen
Doomhammer
Leper Gnome
Ironbeak Owl
Knife Juggler
Big Game Hunter
Only surprised by the Velen inclusion. I think BGH probably just needs cost adjusted unless they just keep making Dr. 7 type guys. Dr. 6 was ridiculous and BGH couldn't touch unless avenged hit right or the next turn.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I loaded up an aggro druid with magma/ice ragers and shit. Could have optimized it further but went 3-0 and done to finish a quest.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Priest with Shadowform, a ton of heals, and shit like Tournament Medic/Spawn of Shadow is pretty lol. People don't really know what to do with it, and you can heal a ton. I even put in divine spirit/inner fire for lols

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Also, if you are playing against a Mage that has Ice Block, when you pop Ice Block the hero no longer becomes a valid target so you will be able to target minions freely with your minions

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I said Blacker Knight, not Black Knight.

rrr_img_126807.jpg