Hearthstone

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Open beta = open season in Arena. Should be at least a week or two of boosted win count, at least.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are people really going to be rushing headlong into arena as early as tonight? Despite the free entry I would think most new players might be working on everything else besides arena for the moment.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
This game gets worse and worse the longer you play it and the longer it's alive. Less and less fun and more and more tedious and repetitive. So much wasted potential.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It probably doesn't help that you went all in like fucking crazy right off the bat. Playing casual, doing a daily a day and some arenas here and there and sometimes not playing all weekend it is fairly fun.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No shit. I'm definitely playing way the fuck more than I plan to in another week, just burning through that new game feels right now. Plan to scale it way back since god knows it will be 2 years before we get new cards.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Did they speed this game up yet? I'd get back into it if I didn't have to wait for every annoyingly long animation/spell effect to go off.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
You're wrong, as should be evident to anyone that has played or watched any high level Hearthstone.
Just saw this. I'll admit I haven't played in about a month as far as constructed goes, but when I was grinding games it was exactly as I am describing. Maybe the meta shifted or the nerfs had a big impact, but when I was playing simply getting an edge and then using that edge to make advantageous trades over and over until you could go directly to the fact and end it was how 99% of my games went. Tempo is without question the deciding factor in limited and it's still the primary tool used to win in constructed unless something has changed drastically in the last few weeks. Missing a single drop or even having the opponent get one of their great draws while you get an average one is extraordinarily difficult to come back from.

If it's improved as much as you say I'll take another look.

Also, tempo to me was the ability for a deck to get ahead and then snowball to stay ahead. If a deck is tempo-y that means if it gets behind it's kind of bleh but if it gets an advantage it's going to press it until you die. The whole game to me feels very tempo-y.

Control was the ability to utilize efficient removal to control the game via card advantage and then win using a limited number of win conditions. Your deck wasn't built around threatening the other person, rather it was built around you consistently fencing them in until eventually they just kind of suffocated and died. Those decks don't seem to exist in this game, unless they've developed recently.

Anyway, it's all semantics. I just want the metagame to be complex and there to be multiple avenues to success. the game feels very constricted at the moment, mostly due to mechanics more than the limited card pool. That's my impression at least.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did they speed this game up yet? I'd get back into it if I didn't have to wait for every annoyingly long animation/spell effect to go off.
I hated the new spell animations at first but I don't notice anymore. I do notice certain opponents taking obnoxiously long on exceedingly obvious choices still, but even that seems better than it used to. I think maybe I'm actually thinking my own turns out more now while they choose whereas before I didn't plan ahead nearly at all when new to the game.

vulken3_sl

shitlord
So been playing a few day's and built a fun warlock deck. mostly running creature spam with some spell to remove pests.

The best part is i got lucky and have been able to unlock hoggar along with ghoul's and those imp's can be very fun. My next concern is unlocking either Deathwing or pehap's another epic .... if you guy's have any oshit kinda card's to run with let me know.

I think the biggest thing i am doing though is staying away from running fotm deck's..., not realy concerned with winning or lossing just kinda like playing wierd and wild deck's to see what happen's.

Anyway's have fun .

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
My current druid/priest deck, have a decent win rate with them

Infact just one my first 3 in a row on constructed ranked with that druid deck, even beat a warlock murloc deck(barely)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You're Hatorade on HS right? Got beaten by a very similar druid deck on my murloc lock earlier but not by Hatorade

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played a warlock in arena that Power Overwhelming'd a minion he just played. It was not charge. It died horribly. Thank you, open beta Tuesday!

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I played a Mage on Turn 2 who dropped a Sorcerer's Apprentice and then coined out Arcane Explosion to clear my already empty board. I assume he thought that Arcane Explosion would hurt me directly.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Control was the ability to utilize efficient removal to control the game via card advantage and then win using a limited number of win conditions. Your deck wasn't built around threatening the other person, rather it was built around you consistently fencing them in until eventually they just kind of suffocated and died. Those decks don't seem to exist in this game, unless they've developed recently.
At least the 3 popular control classes, druid, paladin, and warlock, do just that.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It probably doesn't help that you went all in like fucking crazy right off the bat. Playing casual, doing a daily a day and some arenas here and there and sometimes not playing all weekend it is fairly fun.
I'm definitely having more fun throwing gimmick decks at people in ranked and playing arena then trying to grind rank.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Wanted to go on record and say that I'm sick of Leeroy Fucking Jenkins. Apparently he's now an "auto-include" in every deck now regardless of what the deck is attempting to do.