Hodj Proved Salty: A Tranny's Victory Thread

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
I wont post the finished boat, I dont own it, I built that for fun for one of my best friends. 2 yrs of Saturdays drinking beer. I did it to show off what I could do IF you had super deep pockets and wanted to buy a handmade 1 of 1 custom dream. It's was $70K in free labor.
How do you know how to do this? How big of a boat can you build? Center console deep v in the 38-40 range is what I'm thinking

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
How do you know how to do this? How big of a boat can you build? Center console deep v in the 38-40 range is what I'm thinking

I can build anything. give me a blue print, time and money and I can probably beat Musk to Mars.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I can build anything. give me a blue print, time and money and I can probably beat Musk to Mars.
You can build it, but can you engineer it? Can you do the design/engineer work required to build a 50-70 ft sportfisher like a Hatteras or Viking? I'm intrigued by you now

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
You can build it, but can you engineer it? Can you do the design/engineer work required to build a 50-70 ft sportfisher like a Hatteras or Viking? I'm intrigued by you now

I know design but I am not an engineer. Now days everything is done with Flo in CAD now anyhow. Anything I design I get an engineer to stamp. Naval Architecture is a hyper specific field. You'll find 1000X more folks doing Aeronautics. When doing boats I modify proven designs that have been in service forever. No need to reinvent the wheel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I know design but I am not an engineer. Now days everything is done with Flo in CAD now anyhow. Anything I design I get an engineer to stamp. Naval Architecture is a hyper specific field. You'll find 1000X more folks doing Aeronautics. When doing boats I modify proven designs that have been in service forever. No need to reinvent the wheel.
Fair enough. Yep definitely makes sense with boats. There's proven designs that work. Pretty impressive man.

Now if only I could get you the blueprints to s rocket we could start our smallsat company up...

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Can you build me a Ford class carrier?

pay-up-sucker.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Mic Drop
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
We are a website were a member is applauded for misspreading misinformation about a real life shooter who just murder 30 people, and posters just laugh it off.

And you are worried about brando... I love the priorities here.

You guys do you.

1565122864604.png

two mind blown reactions wow look at all that applause for something that didn't even happen in the first place amazing lend is truly a serious person

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I was thinking of taking classes this fall, maybe some CAD (I've already done Inventor and Autcocad 2d/3d) but I actually get paid for teaching, and, well, I kind of like money, too.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I was thinking of taking classes this fall, maybe some CAD (I've already done Inventor and Autcocad 2d/3d) but I actually get paid for teaching, and, well, I kind of like money, too.

If you join EAA (cheap), your membership gives you a free copy of Solid Works. Saves you a few thousand dollars.

You can get student pricing on almost all CAD software just cant use any of the output for a legit bizniz, its watermarked.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Erronius Erronius if you are gonna get into CAD school I would suggest going with Autodesk over Solid Works. The Fusion 360 suite has super powerful engineering simulation functions, and Solid Works is playing catch up with them.

I still draw old school Autocad, I am still trying to catch up learning parametric drawing systems. The shit is powerful as hell and fast, but you have to retrain your brain how to think about work flow.

• 1Like

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Erronius Erronius if you are gonna get into CAD school I would suggest going with Autodesk over Solid Works. The Fusion 360 suite has super powerful engineering simulation functions, and Solid Works is playing catch up with them.

I still draw old school Autocad, I am still trying to catch up learning parametric drawing systems. The shit is powerful as hell and fast, but you have to retrain your brain how to think about work flow.
I thought about it, but a lot of places start their entry level guys out at less than I make now. And I'm not that young anymore, so it was kind of...eh. But in 10-20 years, the kids will be out-earning me, no doubt. Especially the ones that went to engineering firms.

But at some point, when I get debt paid off, maybe a new ride, I may take some time off from teaching and hit classes up again. On the CADD side, I think I need to do Revit and Solidworks if I want a degree.

It was really weird drawing with Autocad and having your dimensions be derived from your drawing, then going to Inventor and having your dimensions alter your drawing. Though it was nice to just edit dimensions and POOF! object edited.

• 1Like