Hugh Jackman: Logan

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
the x-men origins wolverine game, loosely based on the film? that game was way better than it had a right to be, based off that trash movie.
Yeah, after looking it up again I guess there were multiple editions, the uncaged edition having copious amounts of violence. It was enjoyable.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really don't want to be suckered again but the trailers are pulling me in. I really didn't think I would ever bother with another Fox Xmen movie after Apocolypse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
So if Hugh Jackman is done with Wolverine, are they going to time travel x23 to the McAvoy Fassbender timeline, or do they start a New Mutants fuckery in the current timeline?

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hard not wanting to see this after Jackman wentfull nerd and told fox to fuck off

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
So if Hugh Jackman is done with Wolverine, are they going to time travel x23 to the McAvoy Fassbender timeline, or do they start a New Mutants fuckery in the current timeline?
I believe they have one more movie with the current X-men and then are moving into New Mutants stuff, but I can't find the article I read about it a month or so ago

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Last I heard:
1) McAvoy/Fassbender/Lawrence are no longer under contract, Fox doesn't want to pay Lawrence her now-going rate, and the three are saying they won't star in a movie without the other two.
2) Singer was supposed to jump ahead another decade and do a real "Phoenix Saga", set in the 90s, in space with the Shi'ar and everything... but Apocalypse's general flopitude means its just as likely they do another full-on reboot.

So expect Deadpool & Cable, the X-Men: The New Mutants spin-off... and then who knows from there.
Edit: To be clear, they are actively casting for New Mutants. It's looking increasingly unlikely that a "real" X-Men would come out ahead of NM.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I like Fassbender and McAvoy in their roles but if they're going to cast their lots with Jennifer Lawrence just so she can mail in another performance for a big paycheck then they should cut the three of them loose. And add Singer to that while they're at it. It's time to move on to something new anyway. I hate that the Phoenix we got was that shit show in Last Stand but they can revisit it down the line when they inevitably do another reboot.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
some interesting speculation from a podcast, could be huge spoilers for the movie but again its speculation

Professor X isn't real, just Wolverine's imagination or a fragment of the prof in his mind from DOFP or whatever. People were saying the girl never actually talks to the prof and looks right through him in a few scenes in the trailer.

I don't think its true, too many shots of the professor by himself in the two trailers. Also in the first trailer it looked like they were burying prof.

looking forward to the swan song of Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart, you just know they are gonna reboot X Men again soon. Its really too bad that they could never get it all worked out with Marvel/etc, it woulda been awesome having a Secret Wars or House of M. I wouldn't be surprised though in a decade or two if Fox and Disney merge, and then they do a massive reboot of MCU.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i've been saying that for a while, but it's not that unlikely. they could be burying ANYONE... the context, i think, is a red herring. it's weird, i won't spoiler because i have no idea, honestly, other than fox's penchant for blending comic stories... logan's berserker shot and professor x's catatonic pyschic scream of whatever it is have the SAME camera effects.

also... who fricken put professor x in the back seat? that dude rides shot gun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
the movie played at the berlin film festival and reviews have been very positive apparently. no after credits scene so don't have to sit thru the credits

last comic movie i went to see in theaters was deadpool so be nice to catch this, assuming it reviews decently on opening week

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Based on early "non-spoiler" reviews ...

...Logan survives.

Last edited by a moderator: