Investing General Discussion

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
read blazins post and look at large index fund charts. We bounced off support. While anything can happen it is likely we actually have a decent rally and continue pushing up until another staircase/test of support levels. If it ripped right through I’d be doom and gloom sell as well but it didn’t.

I really recommend keeping a few basic charts up or listening to people here on advice for macro trends. It’s been very informative for me.
Buzz Lightyear Space GIF by Regal

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
PLTR -2.5% on the day. +12% after hours. I'm kinda digging this "markets in turmoil* thing.

They double beat earnings and raised guidance.

Why is after hours/pre market a thing anyway? Went to bed Friday with SPLG at 62, woke up Monday to it at 60. Unable to do a fucking thing about it. $2800 just fucking poofed over the weekend when the market is 'closed.'

Whole thing is fake and gay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Things like this I'm always waiting for the algorithms to eat theirsevles somehow. I think in 1987 it started with bad econimc news then the computer trades at the big brokers made it where the floor traders couldn't match sellers and buyers and vice versa fast enough then the market was closed. The added layer then of most people having to get their broker to do it didn't help.

Nekkei up more than 10%.

Last edited:

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Why is after hours/pre market a thing anyway? Went to bed Friday with SPLG at 62, woke up Monday to it at 60. Unable to do a fucking thing about it. $2800 just fucking poofed over the weekend when the market is 'closed.'
You can trade pre/after hours on many platforms as a random person. I know Schwab allows you to do pre/after hour trades and ive taken advantage of it.

Two things come with it though, youre limited to the kind of trades you can do and the spreads are much higher.

Molten Core Raider
Schwab (through thinkorswim and the website as far as I know) will let you trade 7am-8pm as long as your TIF is set right (ie, extended). Webull would let you trade at 4am when market opened. It was handy in some aspects.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Well a decidedly more boringer morning than yesterday. Glad we didn't run up too much in the AH , couple dips lower in the morning that are bought and could be a decent day as they hulk smash the vix.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Whole thing is fake and gay.
Wall Streeters need their Hamptons downtime on weekends, bro.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dow in the red.

edit: Dow climbed into the green and NASDAQ flipped to red.

edit 2: and back to green.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really expected more of a recovery this morning, personally.

We're mirroring the Nikkei just at about half the rate in both directions.

But we're still massively down over the past week. I figured we might claw some of that back, not just half of yesterday's drop.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m buying like and because it’s 19.99

seems like the treasury longs are really fading this morning too. Seems very bullish to me.
Honest question. What do you see that makes you think they will be better than they are today? Same management in place. Same ideas. They just cut some employees.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Honest question. What do you see that makes you think they will be better than they are today? Same management in place. Same ideas. They just cut some employees.
I think it’s oversold at the moment and will rebound. I think the news around the 13th and 14th gen issues while bad isn’t that big of a deal and both amd and nvda have had similar issues with next gen Chips recently.

it’s mostly a gut feeling though that it’s more likely to double than get cut in half. I am not talking a big play here. I would stay miles away with money you can’t lose.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m buying like and because it’s 19.99

seems like the treasury longs are really fading this morning too. Seems very bullish to me.

Let's not forget:

Deep dive:

• 1Like