Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Really expected more of a recovery this morning, personally.

We're mirroring the Nikkei just at about half the rate in both directions.

But we're still massively down over the past week. I figured we might claw some of that back, not just half of yesterday's drop.
Faster it would rally the more concerned I would become. We rally quick and I'm going to set stops following close. Some decent stair step action and I'll be more patient. We are nearing the point where I will start locking in the gain with stops but I don't see anything that concerning at the moment.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Faster it would rally the more concerned I would become. We rally quick and I'm going to set stops following close. Some decent stair step action and I'll be more patient. We are nearing the point where I will start locking in the gain with stops but I don't see anything that concerning at the moment.

Locking in...gains? Like 3%?

Spike Lee What GIF by NETFLIX

• 1Paper Hands
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Closed out my NVDA puts. Made more closing early after doubling down than the initial premium. Taking the safe money and walking away.

• 2Tendies
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Molten Core Raider
spy100.jpg

Consolidating right at the 100 sma!

*edit* right after I made this post, we went from small sideways for a few minutes, to red!

spy200.jpg

Last edited:

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Locking in...gains? Like 3%?

Spike Lee What GIF by NETFLIX
$9k for a day is a good gain, when markets are in corrective mode I tend to move in and out a fair bit. I'd rather not but I also don't plan on just handing that 9k back if we retest. I'd rather pocket the $9k and do it again.

• 4Like
  • 1Paper Hands
Reactions: 4 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider

Man I had my finger on the button to buy smci because it was so beaten down that I thought they could bounce even on a 20% miss. But looks like a really bad miss.

edit:

I feel like the smci results and guidance actually contribute to the nvda bull case. Revenue was strong and forward guidance was strong which means server roll outs are continuing to accelerate. The problem of their margin collapse really has nothing to do with nvda imo.

Last edited:

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm still holding, I really want to see us push this resistance and that's where my stop will be. A failed break higher is a setup I want to be ready for but also want to be as patient as I can be because a QQQ move to 470 could happen pretty quickly, even if we are in a downtrend.

I see a scenario unfolding where things so calm down everyone says, "Okay that's over" just to get hit again without setting a new high. This has been a strong uptrend they don't just die at the first test. I think we have an issue though where the market just needs time and I don't see the setup for QQQ to set a new high. Instead we get overhead 50d resistance and rising 200d support that will start compressing and eventually forcing a shit or get off the pot moment a number weeks /months from now. That break will then determine if we close the year near the highs and have a strong year or a break lower that has this year end rather lackluster.

That's all worries for another day right now just going to stay focused on what we do know, a vix getting obliterated setting up for a sub 20 close for the week and the indexes making a run at some gap fill. This morning its going to struggle at yesterday's high and bears will have to show if they have anything left.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The BOJ saying were just gonna let our currency crash until maybe the fed cuts rates is crazy lol

At the same time it hasn't really worked for them, everytime they have done anything traders have fucked them and called their bluff.

I haven't really liked anyone's earnings so far, nvidia is still far away, in it's own ecosystem.

I've noticed regardless of expected earnings, all revenue I've paid attention to has been trending down significantly for the past 3 quarters.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Stop is now in place on QQQ, wish we didn't spike right up to the resistance at the open as its a more common set up for a failure than if we based a little first. Really hoping we hold and make a run at 8/1 close, may even limit sell if we could get 454 today/tomorrow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
1723038517386.png

THis 4hr chart of QQQ going back to Spring shows why I'm a little more bearish. I don't know if I need to explain it or but difference between this pullback and the one in the spring should be clear.

• 2Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Screenshot_20240807_110205_Webull.jpg

Looks like a massive descending wedge.

I'm expecting it to hit that trend line down and make a nice h back towards 420 but you never know.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Watching VTI which is what I am primarily invested in, it looks like the losses from Monday have been basically erased. 262 close on Friday and we are sitting at 261.6.

What a crazy week.

Last edited:
  • 2Like