Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That 10:1 stock split announcement doesn't seem to be helping

1723043971138.png

• 1Launch Fail
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Was away from desk a few hours and it hit my stop shortly after posting, I'm out QQQ
1723047843697.png

May re enter but I'd say from what I see that unlikely to do so today. It's trying to rally some back right now. I'm in a strong position goal, total return, that I'm more likely to just skip "okay" set ups and wait for something more tilted in my favor.

• 2Paper Hands
Reactions: 1 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Blazin has the reverse wsb effect where everything he says comes true.

Just let us know when you re enter

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
What creslin said. Hollar when you jump back in please. Liquidated all my other positions, drafted my heloc and moved all but enough money to pay my bills this week into my trading account. I'm ready.

Gonna turn 57 dollars into something life changing this time, I can feel it.

• 3Worf
  • 2To the Moon!
Reactions: 4 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Just let us know when you re enter

Hollar when you jump back in please.
I appreciate the sentiment, I really do but please don't be moving in out of the market because of me (not saying you are it just makes me cautious if that might be occurring). I'll do my best to share my thoughts/actions just be mindful that I may skip entries that someone under different circumstances should take or vice versa.

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
What are people’s thoughts on Reddit as a longer term hold. I am liking them getting to break even on profit and expanding marketing efforts and user base they feel beat down by wider market forces.

i also personally use the platform a ton and really like it.

Molten Core Raider
I was kidding, 😅. I've made a few little moves here and there based off plays in this forum, but mostly I just look, try to learn, read and compare what I think I see with what others are saying they see.

The feedback and thought you guys put into your trades is appreciated, and I love the theory and perspective, but I'm mostly just an index buyer. Have a few bucks I mess around with here and there, but that's nothing I can't afford to lose, it's just play money.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin Blazin what are your feelings about RWM?
Let's just reword this to "Thoughts on Russell 2000" rather than specific ways of playing that. I'll use IWM for price discussion

Info we have in Hand:
Goodish:
An upward sloping 200d
Price above 200d for 9 months now
Long consolidation box
Recent Breakout
Could benefit from lower rates

Baddish:
Back into the box
Large gap and failed breakout
Would suffer horribly from recession

It needs a close above 210 (IWM) by EOW. I sold my current IWM holding. I've been jumping in an out and have made a lot of money on the breakout took a 4% loss on a 200 share position this week trying to give it a chance to get back into position.

My gut tells me it might be back into the penalty box...again. It may be a play post recession if we get one and rates are low. If we avoid recession AND we get lower rates it's going to move up. So if you are asking me if I would short it, that's not particularly my style but if one could tolerate the loss of putting a stop at IWM 210 it's probably an okay set up. I continue to like IJS for bullish setups related to rates rather than IWM. IWM is a sick patient with 1/3 of listings losing money. IJS eliminates much of the junk but you could also just invest in a regional bank ETF for the same play. That trade is going to live and die by rates and the curve.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I specifically meant shorting Russell 2K right now using RWM, but thanks regardless.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Nvda is more volatile than tqqq at this point.

todays price action is a bit odd. Tlt being sold heavily at the same time we see tech and everything else being sold. Money coming out and into cash?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nvda is more volatile than tqqq at this point.

todays price action is a bit odd. Tlt being sold heavily at the same time we see tech and everything else being sold. Money coming out and into cash?
10Yr auction went badly, hence the spike in yield / drop in TLT, and equities being hit.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
10Yr auction went badly, hence the spike in yield / drop in TLT, and equities being hit.
Ya it’s just that they tend to inverse each other if it’s recession fears driving the selling.

maybe this is still carrytrade unwind and we are seeing people pull back into their base currencies