Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's such a complicated issue. From a macro level, government help often results in poor allocation of capital. So help often ends up not being help over a long period. I can see a scenario that isn't helpful to AMD and that doesn't mean strong positive to Intel.
Or just own NVDA and not worry about it.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Sold off .75 of my TQQQ position in anticipation of it going lower in the next few days. Might (probably) jump right back in should it do so. It was ahead after being WAY behind for a long time, and I'd rather not give it all back if we retrace a significant distance. This is also hedging against the possibility that the dreaded 'mirroring of 2018' takes place and we get a big leg down soon. Though I admit that seems unlikely at this point, but who knows?

EDIT: HOOOLY... looks like my timing was good, just dropped another dollar since I did this. Wow.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Does it count as diversification if I buy some GOOG instead of adding more GOOGL?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DIS trailing stop triggered. Made me an extra 15 cents. woohoo.
Now that is a massive candle

1648757219187.png

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
too rapid of a decline would be a negative data point. While I think we are going to 200d I don't want to see it happen in 2 days. I wouldn't read too much into the last day of a qtr. If tomorrow turns into a big red day that would give me some pause on adds. Monday's low should provide another support point

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It's such a complicated issue. From a macro level, government help often results in poor allocation of capital. So help often ends up not being help over a long period. I can see a scenario that isn't helpful to AMD and that doesn't mean strong positive to Intel.
Intel has thrown a lot of money at dedicated GPUs over the past 15 or so years and hasnt produced anything worth while at all.

Larrabee canceled
DG1 doa
And now the Xe or whatever promised land

All while their GPU division is being headed up by a total clown, Raja Koduri.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It had popped to $204 before retreating back slightly. It’s surprisingly held the move here at $193 for a while. Tomorrow should be a fun watch.
FWIW, I don’t trade the meme stocks. Outside of my risk / reward and trading edge.

• 1Like

Baek

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have nothing tying me down in life, so I'm extremely unhinged and have zero trust in banks or the media at this point. Drained a few 401ks awhile ago. Just need a tricked out sprinter van and a dog and I'm good to go.

Gotta say, it's a fun life to live.

• 3WTF
  • 2Mother of God
  • 2Moron
Reactions: 6 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I have nothing tying me down in life, so I'm extremely unhinged and have zero trust in banks or the media at this point. Drained a few 401ks awhile ago. Just need a tricked out sprinter van and a dog and I'm good to go.

Gotta say, it's a fun life to live.
Awkward Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users