Investing General Discussion

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interesting to put BZFD and SPIR side by side. Both pricing around a buck, BZFD has market cap 50% higher but with -$0.50 EPS to positive $1.63 a share for SPIR. SPIR has a market cap just a hair above it's annual revenue while BZFD has revenue above it's market cap. Both started as SPACs. SPIR close to profitability while BZFD nowhere near.

I wonder which one goes bankrupt first.
Yeah but SPIR does something cool and buzz feed writes listicles.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
2008 was a house of cards situation, this *theoretically* is no where near as bad.

Well technically the bonds these banks are in still have value. In 2008 they rapidly got to the point they couldn't sell packaged subprime loans which when you can't see stuff it has no value so to speak. Of course at the rate things are going may find out everything or near everything some of these banks have as assets aren't worth anything either.

Last edited:

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
1678771090715.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Long some JPM (long term acct). This is holding flat while market and regional banks are puking.

Thesis that those shitty regional bank outflows need to go somewhere. More insulated bigger banks like JPM are prime to benefit this.

After the back-to-back collapse of three smaller banks, their biggest US counterparts are seeing a rush of depositors fearful the crisis will spread.

JPMorgan Chase & Co., the largest US bank, alone received billions of dollars in recent days...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

After the back-to-back collapse of three smaller banks, their biggest US counterparts are seeing a rush of depositors fearful the crisis will spread.

JPMorgan Chase & Co., the largest US bank, alone received billions of dollars in recent days...
Our payroll vendor used SVB as a rail, so we were (un)fortunate to experience a good ol delayed payroll check for everyone last Friday that bled over until Monday. Guess where they switched to? JPMC!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Those C puts I wrote and USB shares I bought are already printing this morning pre-market. USB +6%, C +4%

• 4Tendies
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This is basically what all banks did from 2009-2021 when interest rates were effectively 0. And that's how we got here.

I think you misread the post; I said my bank would grow at 1% per year, not that I would offer 1% loans. I would offer market rate, competitive loans but my goal would not be to grow at 10% quarter over quarter or whatever investors expect out of corporations these days.

• 1Picard

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Notice JPM there, didn't shave off 10% to gain 9.5% back like USB.

I called out my JPM long ($129s) on Friday as the price remained solid while everyone else fell.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lots of banks are recovering. If I BTFD and ignored the noise I could've banked. Instead I sat on my hands. Scared money don't make no money.
Don't say you didn't have the heads-up...

This is the time to make some money in the bank sector if you got the balls for some risk. Dont touch the small regionals but look for the big banks getting crushed along with everyone else.
I have an order in for USB at $36.50 and JPM at $125.50
Im also looking to start a position in OXY at $57.25 (this is strictly a Warren Buffet play)

edit: USB filled

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Notice JPM there, didn't shave off 10% to gain 9.5% back like USB.

I called out my JPM long ($129s) on Friday as the price remained solid while everyone else fell.
Yep. I had my JPM buy order in but I went too deep at $125 and missed.