It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I'm pretty sure this show has earned the benefit of the doubt by this point. However they handle it I'm sure it will be funny.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's queer on the pier is a-OK underway. Simple enough to explain for Mac.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This episode had a lot more hilarious moments than the Mac/gay shit, but yeah. Funny episode.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
rrr_img_127809.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
didn't realize Hell part 2 was the season finale. Kinda weak two parter, felt a bit out of place for them and one of those vanity episodes that does a lot of weird stuff for no real reason. Still, the rest of the season was fantastic.

I don't understand how charlie survives a flare gun to the temple

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah I was a little disappointed with the 2 part season finale. It didn't feel like a Sunny episode. Almost felt like they tried too hard and that it was too flashy.

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
finale was easily one of the weakest episodes not only of this season but of the last several seasons... one, you took the gang out of their natural habitat. the gang needs that structure. otherwise you just get shenanigans. shenanigans arent funny without structure. unstructured shenanigans like this episode just end up being 22 minutes of "trying too hard". then they made an entire episode of the gang all together... for the entire episode. i think we've established that certain members of the gang strive together, away from the others. never together. the only scenes of the gang together 9 times out of 10 devolve into a mash up of screaming back and forth at each other and/or all of other etc.

eating fake food? charlie and frank being a little "off" ?
dee cranking milk shakes? jesus christ.

then theres the coin flip music thing which was just a waste of time.. whats the point?

then theres the flare gun.. but lets be honest... why wouldnt frank have his piece on him in this scenario? frank always has his god damn peice.

maybe im too drunk and mad that my evcen drunker girlfriend gave me blue balls. but this finale sucked. the only way this episode would be "good" is if it were the SERIES finale, and they all died. but that would be a shame and do not want that. season was awesome up until the finale.. which made it average.

ALSO....FUCKING ALSO>>>> this is a god damned dry cruise... there's no fucking booze on this CRUISE. frank and charlie had their shit confiscated. theyve been in the box 4+ hours (only as referenced in the episode) the last time the gang went without liqour that long was the quarantine episode when they were all deathly ill until they drank charlies bleach whiskey.
god damn it.
GOOOOOD DAMN IT YOU SONNS OF BITCHES

edit: episodes saving grace was franks Amazing grace... how sweet the sauce.

Devlin

Golden Squire
didn't realize Hell part 2 was the season finale. Kinda weak two parter, felt a bit out of place for them and one of those vanity episodes that does a lot of weird stuff for no real reason. Still, the rest of the season was fantastic.

I don't understand how charlie survives a flare gun to the temple
Well they should all have been arrested a long time ago so you can't wonder why there's a lack of realism.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
edit: episodes saving grace was franks Amazing grace... how sweet the sauce.
I disagree, it was funny. Felt like they were running over budget so had to figure out how to shoot the last episode on one set. It was delightfully strange and it worked.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Finale was probably the weakest of the season, but still good. This entire season was top-notch.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I disagree, it was funny. Felt like they were running over budget so had to figure out how to shoot the last episode on one set. It was delightfully strange and it worked.
Here's a short doc about the boat scene and how much actual money it cost.