It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider

15589769_10154029488196456_557160587630661254_n.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The evolution of Cricket is one of the best things about this show. In fact, all of the characters have development arcs, and combined with the constant (well-done, typically) call-backs to previous episodes, I'd call that their #1 overall strength and what keeps me coming back. They somehow manage to do their call-backs in a subtle way without ramming it down your throat "LOL MEMBER THIS? I MEMBER!" like most shows who try it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Kinda surprised.

Pleasantly, but I keep expecting it to be their last season. Unannounced last season.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Kinda surprised.

Pleasantly, but I keep expecting it to be their last season. Unannounced last season.

Their last renewal was for 2 more seasons after the current 12th. It clearly hasn't impacted Charlie's availability for other projects with the short seasons, and with the small budget I don't see them stopping.

Show still needs to earn an emmy, a REAL emmy, not just nominations for stunt coordination.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Quantum Leap/80s body swap movie homage episode

Kinda weird but in a good way. I enjoyed it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Meh, I get that every show tends to do one of those "musical" episodes every now and again - but I really can't stand that shit. Wasn't bad.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I fucking hate musical episodes.

That said, the Scott Bakula payoff at the end made it all worth it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
I absolutely despise singing in movies and tv shows with a passion. But this episode I actually thoroughly enjoyed.

These dudes are really fucking good when it comes to "musical" type performances, DayMan for example.

In the first 5 minutes I was expecting black face, was like, oh shit.

It's really weird to me how horrible and good Charlie's singing voice is.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't have a real hatred for musicals. I'm firmly in meh territory. I thought it was a very funny episode. Scott Bakula can sing, yo.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I think if this episode was 3-4 deep in a season it would be received better. For a Season premier I think the gimmick hurts it. Everyone is frothing for some crazy Dennis, gay Mac, etc and while this was good, it sort of worked away from their over the top arch types.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
this was a pretty good episode. I saw them filming the last bit on Market street last Spring or Summer some time.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Scott Bakula was great. It was still easily the worst episode of the show's run though.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Musical episode can be great
Nightman Cometh is one of the best Always Sunny episode ever.
Laughs are cheap, im going for gasps